Affiliation: University of Pavia
- Increased circulating hematopoietic and endothelial progenitor cells in the early phase of acute myocardial infarctionMargherita Massa
Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Mecical Oncology, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Blood 105:199-206. 2005..05). No significant difference was documented between patients with SA and CTRLs. Spontaneous mobilization of both HPCs and EPCs occurs within a few hours from the onset of AMI and is detectable until 2 months...
- A3669G polymorphism of glucocorticoid receptor is a susceptibility allele for primary myelofibrosis and contributes to phenotypic diversity and blast transformationValentina Poletto
Unit of Clinical Epidemiology, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Blood 120:3112-7. 2012..3; P = .006). In conclusion, the glucocorticoid receptor A3669G is a susceptibility allele for PMF: it contributes to confer the phenotype of excess myeloproliferation, and it cooperates with the JAK2V617F mutation in determining BT...
- Evidence that prefibrotic myelofibrosis is aligned along a clinical and biological continuum featuring primary myelofibrosisGiovanni Barosi
Laboratory of Clinical Epidemiology and Centre for the Study of Myelofibrosis, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e35631. 2012..In the WHO diagnostic classification, prefibrotic myelofibrosis (pre-MF) is included in the category of primary myelofibrosis (PMF). However, strong evidence for this position is lacking...
- High frequency of endothelial colony forming cells marks a non-active myeloproliferative neoplasm with high risk of splanchnic vein thrombosisVittorio Rosti
Unit of Clinical Epidemiology and Center for the Study of Myelofibrosis, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e15277. 2010..Due to inherent performance limitations of ECFCs assay, there is an urgent need to arrive to an acceptable standardization of ECFC assessment...
- High-dose erythropoietin in patients with acute myocardial infarction: a pilot, randomised, placebo-controlled studyMaurizio Ferrario
Cardiology Department, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Int J Cardiol 147:124-31. 2011..Mortality and morbidity after acute myocardial infarction (AMI) remain high even when myocardial reperfusion is successful. Erythropoietin (EPO) protects against experimental MI...
- Early haemoglobin-independent increase of plasma erythropoietin levels in patients with acute myocardial infarctionMaurizio Ferrario
Division of Cardiology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, P le Golgi 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Eur Heart J 28:1805-13. 2007....
- Spleen neoangiogenesis in patients with myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaGiovanni Barosi
Laboratory of Medical Informatics, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Viale Golgi 19, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Br J Haematol 124:618-25. 2004..These results document that neoangiogenesis is an integral component of spleen re-localization of haematopoietic stem cells and suggest a cellular mechanism for spleen neoangiogenesis...
- Evaluation of the bioactive and total transforming growth factor β1 levels in primary myelofibrosisRita Campanelli
Laboratory of Clinical Epidemiology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Cytokine 53:100-6. 2011....
- Store-operated Ca2+ entry is remodelled and controls in vitro angiogenesis in endothelial progenitor cells isolated from tumoral patientsFrancesco Lodola
Department of Biology and Biotechnology Lazzaro Spallanzani, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e42541. 2012..As oncogenesis may be associated to the capability of tumor cells to grow independently on Ca(2+) influx, it is important to assess whether SOCE regulates EPC-dependent angiogenesis also in tumor patients...
- JAK2 V617F mutational status predicts progression to large splenomegaly and leukemic transformation in primary myelofibrosisGiovanni Barosi
Unit of Clinical Epidemiology and Center for the Study of Myelofibrosis, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Blood 110:4030-6. 2007..We conclude that JAK2 V617F genotype should be considered in any future risk stratification of patients with PMF...
- Increased expression of alpha(1,3)-fucosyltransferase-VII and P-selectin binding of synovial fluid T cells in juvenile idiopathic arthritisFabrizio De Benedetti
Pediatria Generale e Reumatologia, Dipartimento di Pediatria, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Rheumatol 30:1611-5. 2003..CONCLUSION: Our data indicate an important role of FucT-VII in the enhanced homing of T cells to the inflamed synovium...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor promoted endothelial progenitor cell mobilization into the peripheral blood of a patient with POEMS syndromeVittorio Rosti
Haematologica 92:1291-2. 2007..In vitro cultures of the patient BM cells suggested that the stromal compartment could be responsible for VEGF overproduction...
- The expression of CXCR4 is down-regulated on the CD34+ cells of patients with myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaVittorio Rosti
Transplant Research Area, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Viale Golgi 19, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 38:280-6. 2007..We studied the expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 on circulating CD34+ cells of patients with myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia (MMM), and examined its relationship to the severity of disease...
- Circulating CD34+, CD133+, and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2-positive endothelial progenitor cells in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaMargherita Massa
Laboratory of Biotechnology, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:5688-95. 2005..CONCLUSION: Circulating EPCs are elevated in MMM patients in the early stage of the disease. Heightened mobilization of EPCs may represent an important mechanism for development of neoangiogenesis in MMM...
- Tolerogenic immune responses to novel T-cell epitopes from heat-shock protein 60 in juvenile idiopathic arthritisSylvia Kamphuis
Department of Paediatric Immunology, IACOPO Institute for Translational Medicine, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Lancet 366:50-6. 2005....
- Does gabexate mesilate affect serum concentrations of acute phase proteins after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography examination?Raffaele Pezzilli
Department of Internal Medicine, Azienda Ospedaliera Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 50:851-5. 2003..To explore the possibility that the preventive effect of gabexate mesilate on endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography-related acute pancreatitis may be mediated by its modulation of acute phase proteins...
- Genetic immunization maps T cell (auto)immune responses to self antigens homologous to exogenous proteinsAntonio La Cava
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093-0663, USA
Autoimmunity 35:105-10. 2002..Furthermore, preferential secretion of Th1-type pro-inflammatory cytokines occurred. This strategy can allow rapid screening of interactive immune networks involving aminoacid sequence homologies between organisms...