Affiliation: University of Turin
- Short-term dehydroepiandrosterone treatment increases platelet cGMP production in elderly male subjectsValentino Martina
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 64:260-4. 2006..However, the mechanisms underlying this action are still unknown. It has recently been suggested that DHEA-S could delay atheroma formation through an increase in nitric oxide (NO) production...
- Long-term N-acetylcysteine and L-arginine administration reduces endothelial activation and systolic blood pressure in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetesValentino Martina
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Torino, Corso Dogliotti 14, I 10121 Torino, Italy
Diabetes Care 31:940-4. 2008..For this reason, we tested the effects of l-arginine (ARG) and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) administration in increasing NO bioavailability by reducing free radical formation...
- Role of the decreased nitric oxide bioavailability in the vascular complications of diabetes mellitusAndi Masha
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolism, University of Torino, C so A M Dogliotti 14, 10126, Torino, Italy
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 12:1354-63. 2011..Therefore the treatments proposed are based on the possibility to counteract the oxidation and, in this context, the physiopathological mechanisms strongly support the treatment with thiols...
- Transdermal oestradiol replacement therapy enhances platelet constitutive nitric oxide synthase activity in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitusValentino Martina
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 57:371-5. 2002..To determine whether treatment with transdermal oestrogen replacement therapy (TERT) in postmenopausal women with type 2 diabetes mellitus was able to increase the activity of constitutive nitric oxide synthase (cNOS) in platelets...
- Ghrelin secretion is inhibited by glucose load and insulin-induced hypoglycaemia but unaffected by glucagon and arginine in humansFabio Broglio
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 61:503-9. 2004..Whether hyperglycaemia and insulin directly inhibit ghrelin secretion still remains matter of debate. The aim of the present study was therefore to investigate further the regulatory effects of glucose and insulin on ghrelin secretion...
- Ghrelin and synthetic growth hormone secretagogues are cardioactive molecules with identities and differencesAndrea Benso
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin and San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano, Turin, Italy
Semin Vasc Med 4:107-14. 2004..These actions indicate their potential pharmacotherapeutic implications in cardiovascular diseases...