Affiliation: University of Pavia
- Control of MRSA infection and colonisation in an intensive care unit by GeneOhm MRSA assay and culture methodsClaudia Dalla Valle
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia, Area Infettivologica, Fondazione IRCCS S, Matteo, Pavia, Italia
BMC Infect Dis 9:137. 2009..Approximately 25% to 30% of the population is colonised with S. aureus and 0.2% to 7% with MRSA. The BD GeneOhm MRSA real-time PCR assay offers quicker identification of MRSA-colonised patients than do culture methods...
- In vitro activity of sagamicin against ocular bacterial isolatesPiero Marone
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS S Matteo, Pavia, Italia
Ophthalmologica 216:133-8. 2002..The attachment of 2 S. epidermidis strains to plastic surfaces was partially prevented by sagamicin subinhibitory concentrations. On the contrary, sub-MIC levels of norfloxacin increased the adhesion of S. epidermidis...
- Bactericidal activity of Pistacia lentiscus mastic gum against Helicobacter pyloriP Marone
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia Area Infettivologica, IRCCS S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 13:611-4. 2001..The influence of sub-MBCs of mastic gum on the morphologies of H. pylori was evaluated by transmission electron microscopy. The lentiscus resin induced blebbing, morphological abnormalities and cellular fragmentation in H. pylori cells...
- Outbreak of vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus spp. in an Italian general intensive care unitM Peta
Servizio di Anestesia e Rianimazione II, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:163-9. 2006..The outbreak was controlled by continuous implementation of the infection control programme, and by the opening of a new unit with an improved structural design and hand-washing facilities...
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium infection in three children given allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: clinical and microbiologic featuresE Carretto
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia, Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Viale Taramelli 5, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Haematologica 85:1158-64. 2000..The aim of this study is to report on the clinical and microbiological features of VRE infections in 3 children given hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Use of the DiversiLab semiautomated repetitive-sequence-based polymerase chain reaction for epidemiologic analysis on Acinetobacter baumannii isolates in different Italian hospitalsEdoardo Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia 27100, Italy
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 60:1-7. 2008....
- Identification of coagulase-negative staphylococci other than Staphylococcus epidermidis by automated ribotypingE Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:177-84. 2005..caprae, Staphylococcus warneri, Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Staphylococcus schleiferi, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus pasteuri and Staphylococcus xylosus...
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in an Italian intensive care unit: clinical and therapeutical remarksE Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 16:145-50. 2004....
- Catheter-related bacteremia due to Lactobacillus rhamnosus in a single-lung transplant recipientE Carretto
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia, Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Scand J Infect Dis 33:780-2. 2001..and some reports emphasize that these microorganisms are never isolated from endovascular devices. In this report we present a case of catheter-related bacteremia due to L. rhamnosus in a patient who underwent a single-lung transplant...
- Rapid drug susceptibility of Mycobacterium avium complex using a fluorescence quenching methodP Marone
Laboratory of Bacteriology and Mycology, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 9:247-50. 1997..This rapid method is non-radiometric, noninvasive and does not require any special instruments...
- Activity of daptomycin against enterococci and coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS): relationship between CNS susceptibility and slime productionP Marone
Dip di Farmacologia, IRCCS S Matteo, , Italy
J Chemother 5:151-4. 1993..Resistance to the antimicrobial agents tested was seen with increased frequency among slime producing strains. Daptomycin and teicoplanin were the most active agents tested against E. faecalis (MIC90 0.25 mg/L and 0.12 mg/L)...
- Comparative in vitro activity of silver sulfadiazine, alone and in combination with cerium nitrate, against staphylococci and gram-negative bacteriaP Marone
Bacteriology and Mycology Laboratory, Infectivology Section, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 10:17-21. 1998..Our data confirm the efficacy of this topical agent in the prevention and treatment of infections in burns or other surgical wounds and suggest its possible use in clearing staphylococcal carriage as an alternative to mupirocin...
- [Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in an intensive care unit: a one-year survey]D Barbarini
Laboratorio Batteriologia e Micologia, Laboratori Sperimentali Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Italy
Infez Med 9:237-45. 2001..The method that we employed is highly reliable, easy to perform and not time-consuming. In our opinion, it could be the method of choice in the first screening of high numbers of isolates...