Affiliation: University of Verona
- Right-sided rhabdoid colorectal tumors might be related to the serrated pathwayMassimo Pancione
Department of Biological, Geological and Environmental Sciences, University of Sannio, Benevento, Italy
Diagn Pathol 8:31. 2013..The differential diagnosis is with the malignant rhabdoid tumors of infancy characterized by genetic inactivation of SMARCB1 (INI1) or deletions of chromosome 22q12 locus...
- Intra-operative frozen section technique for breast cancer: end of an eraE Manfrin
Department of Pathology and Diagnosis, Section of Surgical Pathology, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Italy
Pathologica 103:325-30. 2011....
- Risk of neoplastic transformation in asymptomatic radial scar. Analysis of 117 casesErminia Manfrin
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 8, 37135, Verona, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:371-7. 2008..Previous studies have shown that patient age and the size of RS are correlated to a potential neoplastic transformation...
- Is there still a role for fine-needle aspiration cytology in breast cancer screening? Experience of the Verona Mammographic Breast Cancer Screening Program with real-time integrated radiopathologic activity (1999-2004)Erminia Manfrin
Department of Pathology, Institute of Pathological Anatomy, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Cancer 114:74-82. 2008
- Benign breast lesions at risk of developing cancer--a challenging problem in breast cancer screening programs: five years' experience of the Breast Cancer Screening Program in Verona (1999-2004)Erminia Manfrin
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Cancer 115:499-507. 2009..The authors of this report evaluated the impact of the screen-detected BBL at risk of developing cancer that were counted in the quota of benign breast open biopsies in the Breast Cancer Screening Program of Verona...
- Cancer size, histotype, and cellular grade may limit the success of fine-needle aspiration cytology for screen-detected breast carcinomaErminia Manfrin
Institute of Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Cancer 117:491-9. 2009..The radiological and pathological factors relating to the success of FNAC in breast cancer series were evaluated...
- Genotypic intratumoral heterogeneity in breast carcinoma with HER2/neu amplification: evaluation according to ASCO/CAP criteriaMatteo Brunelli
Anatomic Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 131:678-82. 2009..The clinical relevance and impact on treatment outcome of intratumoral heterogeneity in breast cancer with low-grade HER2/neu amplification or chromosome 17 polysomy need further investigation...
- Her-2/neu evaluation in Sister Mary Joseph's nodule from breast carcinoma: a case report and review of the literatureMatteo Brunelli
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Cutan Pathol 36:702-5. 2009....
- HER2/neu Gene Determination in Women Screened for Breast Carcinoma: How Screening Programs Reduce the Skyrocketing Cost of Targeted TherapyMatteo Brunelli
Department of Pathology and Diagnostics, University of Verona, p le L Scuro n 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Anticancer Res 33:3705-10. 2013..Breast cancer detection by screening programs hijacks the skyrocketing cost of the use of targeted therapy in HER2-positive carcinoma. ..
- FGFR-1 amplification in metastatic lymph-nodal and haematogenous lobular breast carcinomaEleonora Brunello
Department of Pathology and Diagnostic, University of Verona, Verona, 37134, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 31:103. 2012....
- Classical lobular breast carcinoma consistently lacks topoisomerase-IIα gene amplification: implications for the tailored use of anthracycline-based chemotherapiesEleonora Brunello
Department of Pathology and Diagnostic, University of Verona, Italy
Histopathology 60:482-8. 2012..There is consistent lack of data focusing the topoisomerase-IIα gene status in lobular breast carcinoma, a subtype that usually shows poor responsiveness to chemotherapies including those using anthracycline drugs...
- The identification of a small but significant subset of patients still targetable with anti-HER2 inhibitors when affected by triple negative breast carcinomaEleonora Brunello
Department of Pathology and Diagnostic, University of Verona, P le Scuro n 10, 37134, Verona, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 139:1563-8. 2013..We sought to recruit from a group of triple negative breast carcinoma, patients eligible for effective personalized targeted therapy with anti-HER therapies on the basis of their HER2 gene status...
- HER-2/neu assessment in breast cancer using the original FDA and new ASCO/CAP guideline recommendations: impact on selecting patients for herceptin therapyMatteo Brunelli
Department of Pathology, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 129:907-11. 2008..The ASCO/CAP scheme has a great concordance coefficient between strong 3+ immunohistochemical cases and cases with high-grade, granular HER-2/neu amplification...
- Occult inflammatory breast cancer: review of clinical, mammographic, US and pathologic signsFrancesca Caumo
Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Sezione di Radiologia, Policlinico G B Rossi, Verona, Italy
Radiol Med 109:308-20. 2005..To examine the clinical, radiologic and pathologic findings of occult inflammatory breast cancer (OIBC) in order to identify features useful for diagnosis...
- Rhabdoid carcinoma of the colon: a distinct entity with a very aggressive behavior: a case report associated with a polyposis coli and review of the literatureAndrea Remo
Department of Pathology, Mater Salutis Hospital, ULSS 21 Legnago, Verona, Italy
Int J Surg Pathol 20:185-90. 2012..It is argued that RCT could be a very aggressive entity of colon, which could benefit from new biological colonic treatments...
- Comparison of hormonal receptor and HER-2 status between breast primary tumours and relapsing tumours: clinical implications of progesterone receptor lossGiuseppe Bogina
Department of Pathology, Sacro Cuore Hospital of Negrar, Verona, Italy
Virchows Arch 459:1-10. 2011..Progesterone receptor loss seems to be influenced by therapy and to correlate with a worse prognosis...