Affiliation: University of Milan
- Status epilepticus as manifestation of posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in a healthy childChiara Mameli
Department of Paediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Pediatr Neurol 48:418-20. 2013..Moreover, posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome should always be suspected by clinicians in cases of status epilepticus with a prolonged neurological failure...
- New insights into rotavirus vaccinesChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Hum Vaccin Immunother 8:1022-8. 2012..Post-licensure data regarding vaccine impact, effectiveness and safety under routine use are now available and provide a "real-world view". We reviewed published data about the impact of rotavirus vaccines in the post-licensure era...
- Timing of bolus in children with type 1 diabetes using continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (TiBoDi Study)Andrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Paediatrics, University of Milano, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, 20154 Milan, Italy
Diabetes Technol Ther 12:149-52. 2010..Several factors contribute to control, including fine-tuning the basal infusion rate and bolus timing. We evaluated the most effective timing of a pump-delivered, preprandial bolus in children with type 1 diabetes...
- Antiretroviral therapy and pregnancy: effect on cortical bone status of human immunodeficiency virus-infected Caucasian women as assessed by quantitative ultrasonographyStefano Mora
Laboratory of Pediatric Endocrinology, BoNetwork, Division of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Sciences, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Calcif Tissue Int 92:394-8. 2013..69). No significant differences were observed between ARV-exposed and control subjects at 4 and 12 months. Our data suggest that ARV during pregnancy and the first year after delivery does not affect negatively cortical bone status...
- Impaired diffusing capacity for carbon monoxide in children with type 1 diabetes: is this the first sign of long-term complications?Andrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Paediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Acta Diabetol 49:159-64. 2012..Meanwhile, we suggest to screen DLCO in all patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Perceptions and patterns of use of generic drugs among Italian family pediatricians: first round results of a web surveyValentina Fabiano
Department of Pediatrics, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Via GB Grassi 74, Milan, Italy
Health Policy 104:247-52. 2012..More information about generic drugs and more research in the field of pediatric pharmacology are needed for increasing generic medicines prescription rate among Italian Family Pediatricians...
- Paediatric pharmacology: Remember the excipientsValentina Fabiano
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via G B Grassi 74, 20157 Milan, Italy
Pharmacol Res 63:362-5. 2011....
- Adverse drug reactions in newborns, infants and toddlers: pediatric pharmacovigilance between present and futureValentina Fabiano
Luigi Sacco Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via GB Grassi, 74, 20157, Milan, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Saf 11:95-105. 2012..Pediatric patients, especially all newborns and infants, are particularly at risk for experiencing drug-related adverse events...
- Positional plagiocephaly: what the pediatrician needs to know. A reviewLaura Pogliani
Department of Pediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 27:1867-76. 2011..In addition, the pediatrician needs to be able to educate parents on methods to proactively decrease the likelihood of the development of occipital flattening, initiate appropriate management, and make referrals when necessary...
- Efficacy and safety of a dual boosted protease inhibitor-based regimen, atazanavir and fosamprenavir/ritonavir, against HIV: experience in a pediatric populationStefano Rusconi
Department of Biomedical and Clinical Science Luigi Sacco, Infectious Diseases, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 12:179. 2012....
- Breakfast: a multidisciplinary approachAntonio Affinita
Italian Parents Movement MOIGE, Milan, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:44. 2013..The aim of this paper was to analyse breakfast-related issues based on a multidisciplinary approach with input by specialists from different fields of learning...
- The impact of viral infections in children with community-acquired pneumoniaChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Via G B Grassi 74, 20157, Milano, Italy
Curr Infect Dis Rep 15:197-202. 2013....
- Insulin pump therapy for type 1 diabetes treatment in a girl with Down's syndromeAndrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera, University of Milan, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, Milan, Italy
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 85:e16-8. 2009..After 22-month follow-up hemoglobin A1c dropped from 9% to 6.8%, even with a lower insulin requirement and no change in BMI...