Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Liver involvement in celiac diseaseGiuseppe Maggiore
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Child Development University of Pisa, Gastroenterology and Liver Unit and IsMeTT, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Palermo, Italy
Indian J Pediatr 73:809-11. 2006..A rigorous cross-checking for a asymptomatic liver damage in CD individuals and conversely, for CD in any cryptogenic liver disorder including end-stage liver failure is recommended...
- The liver in celiac diseaseGiuseppe Maggiore
Gastroenterologia ed Epatologia, Dipartimento di Medicina della Procreazione e della Età Evolutiva, Universita degli Studi di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 37:117-9. 2003
- Autoimmune diseases of the liver and biliary tract and overlap syndromes in childhoodG Maggiore
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera, Universitaria Pisana, Pisa, Italy
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 55:53-70. 2009....
- Effectiveness and safety of ciclosporin as therapy for autoimmune diseases of the liver in children and adolescentsM Sciveres
Gastroenterologia ed Epatologia Pediatrica, Dipartimento di Medicina della Procreazione e della Età Evolutiva, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 19:209-17. 2004..Therapy for autoimmune cholangitis and giant cell hepatitis associated with autoimmune haemolysis is poorly documented. Ciclosporin is a promising treatment for all of these diseases...
- Giant cell hepatitis with autoimmune hemolytic anemia in early childhood: long-term outcome in 16 childrenGiuseppe Maggiore
Department of Pediatrics and Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Santa Chiara, Pisa, Italy
J Pediatr 159:127-132.e1. 2011..To assess the outcome of giant cell hepatitis combined with autoimmune hemolytic anemia in early childhood...
- Celiac disease-associated autoimmune hepatitis in childhood: long-term response to treatmentSilvia Nastasio
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 56:671-4. 2013..The aim of the present study was to analyze the features and the long-term response to immunosuppressive treatment in children with autoimmune hepatitis (AIH) associated with CD...
- Pediatric celiac disease, cryptogenic hypertransaminasemia, and autoimmune hepatitisPietro Vajro
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine at the University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 56:663-70. 2013..This study aims to conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis to evaluate the prevalence of CD in children with cryptogenic persistent hypertransaminasemia (HTS) or autoimmune hepatitis (AIH), and vice versa...
- Clinical features and genotype-phenotype correlations in children with progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 3 related to ABCB4 mutationsCarla Colombo
Department of Pediatrics, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 52:73-83. 2011....
- Diagnosis of sclerosing cholangitis in children: blinded, comparative study of magnetic resonance versus endoscopic cholangiographyGloria Rossi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Pediatric Gastroenterology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 37:596-601. 2013..In children, MRC is widely used based mainly on non-comparative studies...
- Autoimmune liver disease associated with celiac disease in childhood: a multicenter studySilvia Caprai
Department of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:803-6. 2008..Celiac patients are at risk to develop an autoimmune liver disease. The aim of this study was to describe the clinical features of children and adolescents presenting with an autoimmune liver disease associated with celiac disease...
- The expanded spectrum of bartonellosis in childrenFrancesco Massei
Department of Procreative Medicine and Child Development, Division of Pediatrics, University of Pisa Hospital, Italy
Infect Dis Clin North Am 19:691-711. 2005..A careful clinical history researching an intimate contact with a kitten associated with a specific serology and an abdominal ultrasound for typical hepatosplenic involvement may follow a rapid and accurate diagnosis...
- Relapsing features of bile salt export pump deficiency after liver transplantation in two patients with progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2Giuseppe Maggiore
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Santa Chiara, Pisa, Italy
J Hepatol 53:981-6. 2010..In most cases affected children need liver transplantation that is thought to be curative. We report on two patients who developed recurrent normal GGT cholestasis mimicking primary BSEP disease, after liver transplantation...
- Measurement of hepatic vein pressure gradient in children with chronic liver diseasesRoberto Miraglia
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Mediterranean Institute for Transplantation and Advanced Specialized Therapies, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Palermo, Italy
J Hepatol 53:624-9. 2010..The aim of this study is to present our preliminary experience with Hepatic Vein Pressure Gradient (HVPG) measurements in pediatric patients with chronic liver disease...
- Acute febrile cholestatic jaundice in children: keep in mind Kawasaki diseaseAndrea Taddio
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Child Health IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:380-3. 2012..KD was the second most frequent cause (21%) after viral infections. Considering the relative high frequency of this condition, a high index of suspicion of KD should be maintained in patients presenting with febrile cholestatic jaundice...
- Genotype-phenotype correlation in Italian children with Wilson's diseaseEmanuele Nicastro
Department of Pediatrics, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Hepatol 50:555-61. 2009..Wilson's disease phenotype is very variable for clinical and laboratory features. Our aim was to assess the role of the type of ATP7B disease causing mutations on Wilson's disease phenotype...
- Biliary cystadenoma with bile duct communication depicted on liver-specific contrast agent-enhanced MRI in a childGianluca Marrone
Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Mediterranean Institute of Transplantation and High Specialization Therapy, Palermo, Italy
Pediatr Radiol 41:121-4. 2011..Due to the malignant potential of a cystadenoma, the lesion was resected. The resection was complete and the postoperative course was uneventful...
- Bartonella henselae infection associated with Guillain-Barre syndromeFrancesco Massei
Dipartimento di Medicina della Procreazione e della Età Evolutiva, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Pisana, Pisa, Italy
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:90-1. 2006..henselae infection was performed and confirmed an ongoing infection. She did not show any clinical typical feature of cat-scratch disease. B. henselae infection should be considered in the wide etiologic spectrum of GBS...
- High prevalence of antibodies to Bartonella henselae among Italian children without evidence of cat scratch diseaseFrancesco Massei
Dipartimento di Medicina della Procreazione e dell Età Evolutiva, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 38:145-8. 2004..henselae infection. We found that B. henselae infection is common among children in central Italy, occurs early in life, is in most cases asymptomatic, and resolves spontaneously...
- Failure to increase insulin-like growth factor-I synthesis is involved in the mechanisms of growth retardation of children with inherited liver disordersM Maghnie
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 48:747-55. 1998....
- Features and outcome of autoimmune hepatitis type 2 presenting with isolated positivity for anti-liver cytosol antibodyLaure Bridoux-Henno
Service d hépatologie pédiatrique, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:825-30. 2004..However, its role as a sole marker of AIH type 2 is debated. We describe here a series of 18 children and adolescents (15 girls, 3 boys) with AIH with serum anti-liver cytosol type 1 (aLC1) as the only autoimmune marker...
- Serum transaminases in children with Wilson's diseaseRaffaele Iorio
Department of Paediatrics, University of Naples Federico II, Via Sergio Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:331-6. 2004..The aim of this multicenter retrospective study was to evaluate transaminase levels after penicillamine and zinc treatment in children with Wilson's disease...
- Persistence of elevated aminotransferases in Wilson's disease despite adequate therapyRaffaele Iorio
Hepatology 39:1173-4. 2004
- Severe liver disease in early childhood due to fibrinogen storage and de novo gamma375Arg-->Trp gene mutationPaola Francalanci
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
J Pediatr 148:396-8. 2006..Fibrinogen gene analysis revealed a de novo Aguadilla (c.1201C>T; p.Arg375Trp) mutation. This mutation should be considered in childhood hypofibrinogenemia associated with chronic liver disease...