Affiliation: University of Ferrara
- Control of human trophoblast functionLaura Lunghi
Department of Biology, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 5:6. 2007....
- Evidence for circadian rhythms in human trophoblast cell line that persist in hypoxiaElena Frigato
University of Ferrara, Dept of Biology and Evolution, Sect of General Physiology, Via L Borsari, 46, 44100, Ferrara, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378:108-11. 2009....
- Circadian variation of cell proliferation in HTR-8/SVneo cell lineLaura Lunghi
Department of Biology and Evolution, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Hum Cell 24:161-4. 2011..We suggest that circadian clockwork may orchestrate the functionality of the several factors involved in the control of human trophoblast functions that are fundamental for a successfully pregnancy outcome...
- Estrogen metabolites in the release of inflammatory mediators from human amnion-derived cellsBarbara Pavan
Department of Biology, General Physiology sect, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari, 46 44121 Ferrara, Italy
Life Sci 88:551-8. 2011..We compared estrogen metabolites for their ability to induce AA release, to influence PGE(2) production and to interact toward intracellular estrogen receptors (ERs)...
- Effect of high-frequency electromagnetic fields on trophoblastic connexinsFranco Cervellati
Department of Biology and Evolution, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 28:59-65. 2009..This study is the first to indicate that exposure of extravillous trophoblast to GSM-217 Hz signals can modify Cx gene expression, Cx protein localization and cellular ultrastructure...
- The role and modulation of the oxidative balance in pregnancyCarla Biondi
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapy, Section of Obstetrics and Gynecology University of Ferrara, Corso Giovecca 203, I-44100, Ferrara, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 11:2075-89. 2005..Pharmacological research should be addressed to the development of new drugs, as well as to selective methods of delivery to the gestational tissues...
- Inhibition of amniotic interleukin-6 and prostaglandin E2 release by ampicillinFortunato Vesce
Department of Biochemical Sciences and Advanced Therapy, Section of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 103:108-13. 2004..To test the effect of ampicillin on amniotic interleukin-6 (IL-6) and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) release...
- Somatostatin coupling to adenylyl cyclase activity in the mouse retinaBarbara Pavan
Dipartimento di Biologia, Sez. di Fisiologia Generale, , 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 370:91-8. 2004..In addition, we suggest that the density of sst2 receptors and/or G(o)alpha proteins may represent the rate-limiting factor for the sst2 receptor-mediated inhibition of AC...
- 17Beta-eEstradiol stimulates arachidonate release from human amnion-like WISH cells through a rapid mechanism involving a membrane receptorSara Fiorini
Department of Biology, University of Ferrara, 44100-I Ferrara, Italy
Endocrinology 144:3359-67. 2003..Our data suggest that 17beta-E(2) stimulates [(3)H]AA release from WISH cells through an apparently nongenomic pathway and interaction with membrane binding sites. These last are, at least in part, similar if not identical to ERbeta...