Affiliation: University of Ferrara
- Control of human trophoblast functionLaura Lunghi
Department of Biology, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 5:6. 2007....
- Evidence for circadian rhythms in human trophoblast cell line that persist in hypoxiaElena Frigato
University of Ferrara, Dept of Biology and Evolution, Sect of General Physiology, Via L Borsari, 46, 44100, Ferrara, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378:108-11. 2009....
- Circadian variation of cell proliferation in HTR-8/SVneo cell lineLaura Lunghi
Department of Biology and Evolution, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Hum Cell 24:161-4. 2011..We suggest that circadian clockwork may orchestrate the functionality of the several factors involved in the control of human trophoblast functions that are fundamental for a successfully pregnancy outcome...
- 17-β-Estradiol counteracts the effects of high frequency electromagnetic fields on trophoblastic connexins and integrinsFranco Cervellati
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2013:280850. 2013..We demonstrate that 17-β-estradiol modulates Cxs and Ints as well as ER-β expression induced by HF-EMF, suggesting an influence of both stimuli on trophoblast differentiation and migration...
- Estrogen metabolites in the release of inflammatory mediators from human amnion-derived cellsBarbara Pavan
Department of Biology, General Physiology sect, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari, 46 44121 Ferrara, Italy
Life Sci 88:551-8. 2011..We compared estrogen metabolites for their ability to induce AA release, to influence PGE(2) production and to interact toward intracellular estrogen receptors (ERs)...
- Effect of high-frequency electromagnetic fields on trophoblastic connexinsFranco Cervellati
Department of Biology and Evolution, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, Via L Borsari 46, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 28:59-65. 2009..This study is the first to indicate that exposure of extravillous trophoblast to GSM-217 Hz signals can modify Cx gene expression, Cx protein localization and cellular ultrastructure...
- The role and modulation of the oxidative balance in pregnancyCarla Biondi
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapy, Section of Obstetrics and Gynecology University of Ferrara, Corso Giovecca 203, I 44100, Ferrara, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 11:2075-89. 2005..Pharmacological research should be addressed to the development of new drugs, as well as to selective methods of delivery to the gestational tissues...
- Inhibition of amniotic interleukin-6 and prostaglandin E2 release by ampicillinFortunato Vesce
Department of Biochemical Sciences and Advanced Therapy, Section of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 103:108-13. 2004..To test the effect of ampicillin on amniotic interleukin-6 (IL-6) and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) release...
- Somatostatin coupling to adenylyl cyclase activity in the mouse retinaBarbara Pavan
Dipartimento di Biologia, Sez di Fisiologia Generale, Universita di Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 370:91-8. 2004..In addition, we suggest that the density of sst2 receptors and/or G(o)alpha proteins may represent the rate-limiting factor for the sst2 receptor-mediated inhibition of AC...
- 17Beta-eEstradiol stimulates arachidonate release from human amnion-like WISH cells through a rapid mechanism involving a membrane receptorSara Fiorini
Department of Biology, University of Ferrara, 44100 I Ferrara, Italy
Endocrinology 144:3359-67. 2003..Our data suggest that 17beta-E(2) stimulates [(3)H]AA release from WISH cells through an apparently nongenomic pathway and interaction with membrane binding sites. These last are, at least in part, similar if not identical to ERbeta...