Affiliation: University of Chieti
- Epidural analgesia and cesarean delivery in multiple sclerosis post-partum relapses: the Italian cohort studyLuisa Pastò
Department of Neurology, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134, Florence, Italy
BMC Neurol 12:165. 2012..The objective of this study was to assess the impact of epidural analgesia (EA) and caesarean delivery (CD) on the risk of post-partum relapses and disability in women with MS...
- Pregnancy and fetal outcomes after Glatiramer Acetate exposure in patients with multiple sclerosis: a prospective observational multicentric studyMarta Giannini
Department of Neurology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
BMC Neurol 12:124. 2012....
- Patient-rated suitability of a novel electronic device for self-injection of subcutaneous interferon beta-1a in relapsing multiple sclerosis: an international, single-arm, multicentre, Phase IIIb studyVirginia Devonshire
Department of Neurology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Neurol 10:28. 2010..This study was performed to assess the suitability of a new electronic device for the subcutaneous (sc) administration of interferon (IFN) beta-1a, 44 mcg three times weekly, for relapsing MS...
- RebiSmart™ (version 1.5) device for multiple sclerosis treatment delivery and adherenceAlessandra Lugaresi
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University G D Annunzio, c o Centro Sclerosi Multipla, Ospedale Clinicizzato SS Annunziata, Via dei Vestini 31, 66100 Chieti, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 10:273-83. 2013..As injection-related problems are common barriers to adherence, autoinjectors have been developed to improve the ease and convenience of self-injection...
- Patient adherence to and tolerability of self-administered interferon β-1a using an electronic autoinjection device: a multicentre, open-label, phase IV studyAlessandra Lugaresi
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University G, D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini 31, 66100 Chieti, Italy
BMC Neurol 12:7. 2012..We sought to assess short-term adherence to, and tolerability of, interferon (IFN) β-1a administered via electronic autoinjection device in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS)...
- Neopterin production and tryptophan degradation during 24-months therapy with interferon beta-1a in multiple sclerosis patientsValentina Durastanti
Department of Neurological Sciences, University La Sapienza, Viale dell Universita, 30, 00185, Rome, Italy
J Transl Med 9:42. 2011..The aim of the study was to investigate the dynamic profile of neopterin and kyn/trp ratio in patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) treated with two different doses of IFNβ-1a over a period of 24 months...
- Addressing the need for increased adherence to multiple sclerosis therapy: can delivery technology enhance patient motivation?Alessandra Lugaresi
University Gabriele d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Ospedale Clinicizzato Santissima Annunziata, c o Centro Sclerosi multipla VII livello, corpo A, Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, Chieti, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 6:995-1002. 2009..However, the benefits offered by treatment may be compromised by suboptimal levels of adherence to prescribed regimens...
- A computational platform for MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry data: application to serum and plasma samplesDante Mantini
Istituto Tecnologie Avanzate Biomediche ITAB, Fondazione G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Proteomics 73:562-70. 2010..In this work, we propose an integrated software platform, MASCAP, intended for comparative biomarker detection from MALDI-TOF MS data...
- Pre-analytical factors in clinical proteomics investigations: impact of ex vivo protein modifications for multiple sclerosis biomarker discoveryDamiana Pieragostino
Centro Studi sull Invecchiamento Ce S I, Fondazione G d Annunizio, Chieti, Italy
J Proteomics 73:579-92. 2010..Apolipoprotein A-IV and complement C3 protein fragments, transthyretin and the oxidized isoforms in different apolipoprotein species represent the major molecular features of such a degradation pattern...
- Oxidative modifications of cerebral transthyretin are associated with multiple sclerosisDamiana Pieragostino
Research Centre on Aging Ce S I, University G d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Proteomics 13:1002-9. 2013..Moreover, we found low levels of free T4 in CSF of multiple sclerosis patients, suggestive of a potential role of these modifications in T4 transport into the brain...
- Safety and tolerability in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients treated with high-dose subcutaneous interferon-beta by Rebiject autoinjection over a 1-year period: the CoSa studyAlessandra Lugaresi
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Clin Neuropharmacol 31:167-72. 2008..This study investigated the satisfaction of patients with relapsing-remitting MS treated with IFN-beta-1a (Rebif) by the autoinjection system, Rebiject...
- Interferon beta-1b modulates MCP-1 expression and production in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisCarla Iarlori
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, Neuroimmunology Unit, University G D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini, I 66013, Chieti, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 123:170-9. 2002..Logistic regression analysis shows that MCP-1 production is significantly modified by treatment. Further studies are needed to clarify the role of MCP-1 in MS...
- Cleavage of cystatin C is not associated with multiple sclerosisPiero Del Boccio
Centro Studi Sull Invecchiamento, Fondazione G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Ann Neurol 62:201-4; discussion 205. 2007..We conclude that the use of the 12.5 kDa product of cystatin C in cerebrospinal fluid might lead to a fallacious diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. Preanalytical validation procedure is mandatory for proteomics investigations...