Affiliation: University of Chieti
- Improving patient-physician dialog: commentary on the results of the MS Choices surveyAlessandra Lugaresi
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Patient Prefer Adherence 6:143-52. 2012..Further, the possible implications of these findings for routine practice have been considered, and strategies that should be employed by MS physicians and nurses to help patients to adhere to their prescribed treatment are suggested...
- Epidural analgesia and cesarean delivery in multiple sclerosis post-partum relapses: the Italian cohort studyLuisa Pastò
Department of Neurology, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134, Florence, Italy
BMC Neurol 12:165. 2012..The objective of this study was to assess the impact of epidural analgesia (EA) and caesarean delivery (CD) on the risk of post-partum relapses and disability in women with MS...
- Pregnancy and fetal outcomes after Glatiramer Acetate exposure in patients with multiple sclerosis: a prospective observational multicentric studyMarta Giannini
Department of Neurology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
BMC Neurol 12:124. 2012....
- Patient-rated suitability of a novel electronic device for self-injection of subcutaneous interferon beta-1a in relapsing multiple sclerosis: an international, single-arm, multicentre, Phase IIIb studyVirginia Devonshire
Department of Neurology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Neurol 10:28. 2010..This study was performed to assess the suitability of a new electronic device for the subcutaneous (sc) administration of interferon (IFN) beta-1a, 44 mcg three times weekly, for relapsing MS...
- RebiSmart™ (version 1.5) device for multiple sclerosis treatment delivery and adherenceAlessandra Lugaresi
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University G D Annunzio, c o Centro Sclerosi Multipla, Ospedale Clinicizzato SS Annunziata, Via dei Vestini 31, 66100 Chieti, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 10:273-83. 2013..As injection-related problems are common barriers to adherence, autoinjectors have been developed to improve the ease and convenience of self-injection...
- Patient adherence to and tolerability of self-administered interferon β-1a using an electronic autoinjection device: a multicentre, open-label, phase IV studyAlessandra Lugaresi
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University G, D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini 31, 66100 Chieti, Italy
BMC Neurol 12:7. 2012..We sought to assess short-term adherence to, and tolerability of, interferon (IFN) β-1a administered via electronic autoinjection device in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS)...
- Neopterin production and tryptophan degradation during 24-months therapy with interferon beta-1a in multiple sclerosis patientsValentina Durastanti
Department of Neurological Sciences, University La Sapienza, Viale dell Universita, 30, 00185, Rome, Italy
J Transl Med 9:42. 2011..The aim of the study was to investigate the dynamic profile of neopterin and kyn/trp ratio in patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) treated with two different doses of IFNβ-1a over a period of 24 months...
- Addressing the need for increased adherence to multiple sclerosis therapy: can delivery technology enhance patient motivation?Alessandra Lugaresi
University Gabriele d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Ospedale Clinicizzato Santissima Annunziata, c o Centro Sclerosi multipla VII livello, corpo A, Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, Chieti, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 6:995-1002. 2009..However, the benefits offered by treatment may be compromised by suboptimal levels of adherence to prescribed regimens...
- A computational platform for MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry data: application to serum and plasma samplesDante Mantini
Istituto Tecnologie Avanzate Biomediche ITAB, Fondazione G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Proteomics 73:562-70. 2010..In this work, we propose an integrated software platform, MASCAP, intended for comparative biomarker detection from MALDI-TOF MS data...
- Pre-analytical factors in clinical proteomics investigations: impact of ex vivo protein modifications for multiple sclerosis biomarker discoveryDamiana Pieragostino
Centro Studi sull Invecchiamento Ce S I, Fondazione G d Annunizio, Chieti, Italy
J Proteomics 73:579-92. 2010..Apolipoprotein A-IV and complement C3 protein fragments, transthyretin and the oxidized isoforms in different apolipoprotein species represent the major molecular features of such a degradation pattern...
- Oxidative modifications of cerebral transthyretin are associated with multiple sclerosisDamiana Pieragostino
Research Centre on Aging Ce S I, University G d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Proteomics 13:1002-9. 2013..Moreover, we found low levels of free T4 in CSF of multiple sclerosis patients, suggestive of a potential role of these modifications in T4 transport into the brain...
- Safety and tolerability in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients treated with high-dose subcutaneous interferon-beta by Rebiject autoinjection over a 1-year period: the CoSa studyAlessandra Lugaresi
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Clin Neuropharmacol 31:167-72. 2008..This study investigated the satisfaction of patients with relapsing-remitting MS treated with IFN-beta-1a (Rebif) by the autoinjection system, Rebiject...
- Fingolimod after natalizumab and the risk of short-term relapseVilija G Jokubaitis
From the Department of Medicine V G J, T K, H B, Melbourne Brain Centre RMH, The University of Melbourne Department of Neurology V G J, V L, T K, H B, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena G I, Seville, Spain Liverpool Hospital S H, New South Wales, Australia Amiri Hospital R A, Kuwait City, Kuwait John Hunter Hospital J L S, Newcastle, Australia MS Center A L, Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy Hôpital Notre Dame P D, M G, Montreal, Canada Brain and Mind Research Institute M B, Sydney, Australia Neuro Rive Sud F G, Hopital Charles LeMoyne, Quebec, Canada Department of Basic Medical Sciences M T, Neuroscience and Sense Organs, University of Bari, Italy Flinders University and Medical Centre M S, Adelaide, Australia Ospedale di Macerata G G, Italy Geelong Hospital C S, Tel Aviv University
Neurology 82:1204-11. 2014....
- Interferon beta-1b modulates MCP-1 expression and production in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisCarla Iarlori
Department of Oncology and Neuroscience, Neuroimmunology Unit, University G D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini, I 66013, Chieti, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 123:170-9. 2002..Logistic regression analysis shows that MCP-1 production is significantly modified by treatment. Further studies are needed to clarify the role of MCP-1 in MS...
- Cleavage of cystatin C is not associated with multiple sclerosisPiero Del Boccio
Centro Studi Sull Invecchiamento, Fondazione G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Ann Neurol 62:201-4; discussion 205. 2007..We conclude that the use of the 12.5 kDa product of cystatin C in cerebrospinal fluid might lead to a fallacious diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. Preanalytical validation procedure is mandatory for proteomics investigations...
- Decision-making in multiple sclerosis consultations in Italy: third observer and patient assessmentsErika Pietrolongo
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, University G d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e60721. 2013..To assess decision-making in multiple sclerosis (MS) from third observer and patient perspectives...