Affiliation: University of Siena
- Genetic ablation of the fpr1 gene confers protection from smoking-induced lung emphysema in miceSilvia Cardini
Dept Physiopathology and Experimental Medicine, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro 6, I 53100 Siena, Italy
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 47:332-9. 2012..Modulating the FPR1 signal should be explored as a potential new therapy...
- Neurokinin-1 receptor blockade and murine lung tumorigenesisMonica Lucattelli
Department of Physiopathology, Experimental Medicine, and Public Health, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:674-83. 2006..However, the data supporting this sequence are largely circumstantial and the almost impossible task of identifying these lesions before resection rules out any longitudinal study in humans...
- The dual role of neutrophil elastase in lung destruction and repairGiuseppe Lungarella
Department of Physiopathology and Experimental Medicine, University of Siena, via Aldo Moro n 6, I 53100 Siena, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1287-96. 2008..Thus, NE could be considered to have potential multiple roles in the pathogenesis of both emphysema and lung fibrosis...
- Effect of roflumilast on inflammatory cells in the lungs of cigarette smoke-exposed micePiero A Martorana
Department of Physiopathology and Experimental Medicine, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
BMC Pulm Med 8:17. 2008..Here we investigated the effects of roflumilast on the volume density (VV) of the inflammatory cells present in the lungs after chronic cigarette smoke exposure...
- Is neutrophil elastase the missing link between emphysema and fibrosis? Evidence from two mouse modelsMonica Lucattelli
Department of Physiopathology and Experimental Medicine, University of Siena, 53100 Siena, Italy
Respir Res 6:83. 2005..In this study we investigate in experimental animal models of emphysema and fibrosis whether neutrophil elastase may constitute a pathogenic link between these two pathologies...
- The cannabinoid WIN55, 212-2 abrogates dermal fibrosis in scleroderma bleomycin modelEpifania Balistreri
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Clinical Medicine and Immunological Sciences, University of Siena, Viale Bracci 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 70:695-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine the capacity of a synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonist to modify skin fibrosis in the bleomycin mouse model of scleroderma...