Affiliation: University of Milan
- Assessment of the dynamics of atrial signals and local atrial period series during atrial fibrillation: effects of isoproterenol administrationLuca T Mainardi
Department of Biomedical Eng, Polytechnic University of Milan, Via Golgi 39, 20133 Milano, Italy
Biomed Eng Online 3:37. 2004....
- C-reactive protein but not atrial dysfunction predicts recurrences of atrial fibrillation after cardioversion in patients with preserved left ventricular functionFederico Lombardi
Cardiology Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Odontoiatry, Hospital San Paolo, University of Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 9:581-8. 2008....
- Autonomic nervous system and paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: a study based on the analysis of RR interval changes before, during and after paroxysmal atrial fibrillationFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Ospedale San Paolo, Universita di Milano, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
Eur Heart J 25:1242-8. 2004..To evaluate the presence of an abnormal autonomic modulation before, during and immediately after paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (PAF)...
- Utility of implantable loop recorder (Reveal Plus) in the diagnosis of unexplained syncopeFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, Universita di Milano, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
Europace 7:19-24. 2005..In about 30% of patients with syncope, the responsible mechanisms remain unrecognised. Nevertheless, the possibility of an arrhythmic aetiology remains, however, difficult to rule out...
- Prognostic value of C-reactive protein in patients with stress induced myocardial ischemiaFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, Universita di Milano, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
Int J Cardiol 98:313-7. 2005..0 (95% CI 3.0 to 41; p<0.001). CONCLUSIONS: These findings suggest that in ambulatory patients, high CRP levels may predict exercise-induced ischemia and patient outcome...
- Anti-arrhythmic properties of N-3 poly-unsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFA)Federico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Curr Med Chem 14:2070-80. 2007....
- Pharmacological treatment of atrial fibrillation: mechanisms of action and efficacy of class III drugsFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, Italy
Curr Med Chem 13:1635-53. 2006..Experimental and clinical data on dronedarone, ibutilide, dofetilide, azimilide, ersentilide and ambasilide will be hereby discussed...
- Azimilide vs. placebo and sotalol for persistent atrial fibrillation: the A-COMET-II (Azimilide-CardiOversion MaintEnance Trial-II) trialFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Department of Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, 20142 Milan, Italy
Eur Heart J 27:2224-31. 2006..Treatment of atrial fibrillation remains a major clinical challenge owing to the limited efficacy and safety of anti-arrhythmic drugs, particularly in patients with structural heart disease...
- MMP-1 and MMP-3 polymorphism and arrhythmia recurrence after electrical cardioversion in patients with persistent atrial fibrillationFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 12:37-42. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association between MMP-1 and MMP-3 polymorphisms and arrhythmia recurrence...
- Simultaneous ST-segment elevation in the right precordial and inferior leads in Brugada syndromeFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Ospedale San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:201-4. 2007..A flecainide test was markedly positive. Four appropriate cardioverter-defibrillator discharges occurred during a two-year follow-up period after implantation of the device...
- Hypertension and concurrent arrhythmiasFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 9:1703-13. 2003....
- Clinical implications of present physiological understanding of HRV componentsFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Card Electrophysiol Rev 6:245-9. 2002....
- Heart rate variability patterns before ventricular tachycardia onset in patients with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator. Participating Investigators of ICD-HRV Italian Study GroupF Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp S Paolo, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
Am J Cardiol 86:959-63. 2000..33 +/- 0.04) also confirmed the presence of an altered HRV pattern in comparison to controls. Thus, both abnormal autonomic modulation and dynamic patterns of HRV seem to characterize the minutes before arrhythmia onset in these patients...
- Heart rate variability and early recurrence of atrial fibrillation after electrical cardioversionF Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Ospedale S Paolo, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:157-62. 2001..The study evaluated the role of the autonomic nervous system in atrial fibrillation (AF) recurrence...
- [The autonomic nervous system in myocardial infarction]F Lombardi
Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Università degli Studi Ospedale San Paolo, via A Di Rudinì 8 20142 Milano
Ital Heart J Suppl 2:865-70. 2001....
- [Arrhythmia risk stratification in patients with heart failure: prognostic evaluation of arrhythmia risk]F Lombardi
Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Universita degli Studi, Ospedale San Paolo Via A di Rudinì, 8 20142 Milano
Ital Heart J Suppl 2:1284-90. 2001....
- Assessment of the coupling between RTapex and RR interval as an index of temporal dispersion of ventricular repolarizationF Lombardi
Istituto di Scienze Biomediche Osp S Paolo, Universita di Milano, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 21:2396-400. 1998....
- [Detection and assessment of myocardial stunning with perfusion tomographic scintigraphy using gated SPECT]A Bestetti
Cattedra di Medicina Nucleare, Universita degli Studi, Milano
Ital Heart J Suppl 1:790-6. 2000....
- Prognostic implications of stress-induced transient ischemic dilation of the left ventricle in patients with systolic dysfunction and fixed perfusion defectsAlberto Bestetti
Nuclear Medicine Unit, Institute of Radiological Sciences, University of Milan School of Medicine, Casa di Cura San Pio X, Via Nava, 31, 20159 Milano, Italy
Int J Cardiol 140:323-7. 2010..To verify whether stress-induced transient ischemic dilation (TID) of the left ventricle may help refine prognostic assessment of patients with resting systolic dysfunction and fixed perfusion defects...
- Renin-angiotensin system block and atrial fibrillationFederico Lombardi
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Osp San Paolo, University of Milan, 20142 Milan, Italy
Curr Med Chem 12:1331-7. 2005..ACE inhibitors and AT(1) receptor blockers represent new and efficient therapeutical options to contrast the nearly inevitable progression of this arrhythmia towards its permanent form...
- Conditional entropy approach for the evaluation of the coupling strengthA Porta
Dipartimento di Scienze Precliniche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Biol Cybern 81:119-29. 1999..On the contrary, it strongly decreases after myocardial infarction, thus detecting and measuring the uncoupling between the heart period and ventricular repolarisation interval...
- Non-pulmonary effects induced by the addition of formoterol to budesonide therapy in patients with mild or moderate persistent asthmaS Centanni
Respiratory Disease Unit, University of Milan, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Respiration 67:60-4. 2000..The present study was designed to assess the non-pulmonary effects of a 2-week treatment with the addition of formoterol to budesonide therapy in 10 patients with mild or moderate asthma...
- Myocardial viability assessment after acute myocardial infarction: low-dose dobutamine echocardiography versus rest-redistribution thallium-201 SPECTD Castini
Divisione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi, Ospedale San Paolo, Milano
Cardiologia 44:817-23. 1999..The present study was undertaken in order to compare low-dose dobutamine echocardiography and rest-redistribution thallium SPECT for predicting late improvement of regional left ventricular function after acute myocardial infarction...
- Heart rate turbulence and left ventricular ejection fraction in Chagas diseaseFabrizio Tundo
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Ospedale San Paolo, , , 20142 Milan, Italy
Europace 7:197-203. 2005..The high number of PVCs observed in these patients further support the use of HRT methodology...
- Assessment of spatial organization in the atria during paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and adrenergic stimulationValentina D A Corino
Dipartimento di Bioingegneria, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
Biomed Tech (Berl) 51:260-3. 2006..Moreover, passing from the NLA to the S index, the capability of the parameter to capture the subtle changes due to isoproterenol administration increased...
- Cardiac autonomic modulation in normal, high-risk, and in vitro fertilization pregnancies during the first trimesterPatrizio Antonazzo
Unit of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:199-205. 2004..These differences were more significant in those pregnancies later complicated by an adverse outcome, suggesting an early origin of these pathologic conditions...
- Management of medulloblastoma and ependymoma in infants: a single-institution long-term retrospective reportM Massimino
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 16:15-20. 2000..In 4 of 6 evaluable children school performance was satisfactory. One child in whom the entire CNS was irradiated developed glioblastoma multiforme 120 months after the first diagnosis of medulloblastoma...
- Linear and nonlinear coupling between atrial signals. Three methods for the analysis of the relationships among atrial electrical activities in different sitesLuca T Mainardi
Department of Biomedical Engineering of Polytechnic University, Milan, Italy
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 25:63-70. 2006
- [Treatment of atrial fibrillation in dialyzed patients: the role of oral anticoagulants. The cardiologist's point of view]Stefano Lucreziotti
Cardiologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Azienda Ospedaliera San Paolo, Universita degli Studi, Milano
G Ital Nefrol 27:222-9. 2010..This paper will discuss the issues of thromboembolic risk stratification and the different options of antithrombotic strategies, including possible future alternatives...
- Chronotropic incompetence and abnormal autonomic modulation in ambulatory Chagas disease patientsAna Luiza Lunardi Rocha
Postgraduate Course of Tropical Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiology Service, , Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 11:3-11. 2006..Neither left ventricular function nor BNP levels were independently related to the presence of chronotropic incompetence. CONCLUSIONS: Chronotropic incompetence may be considered an early sign of autonomic dysfunction in ChD patients...
- Exercise testing for non-invasive assessment of atrial electrophysiological properties in patients with persistent atrial fibrillationOliver Husser
Department of Cardiology, Otto von Guericke University, University Hospital, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Europace 9:627-32. 2007....
- Heart rate turbulence in Chagas diseaseAntonio Luiz P Ribeiro
Hospital das Clínicas and Post Graduation Course in Tropical Medicine, School of Medicine, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:406-10. 2003..0256, TS 19.829); P < 0.001 for both comparisons. In conclusion, HRT data may be useful in the electrocardiographic analysis of autonomic heart control in Chagas disease. Its prognostic value remains to be determined...
- Atrial fibrillation requiring urgent medical care. Approach and outcome in the various departments of admission. Data from the atrial Fibrillation/flutter Italian REgistry (FIRE)Massimo Santini
Department of Cardiology, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Rome, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:205-13. 2004..One out of three discharged patients is not in sinus rhythm. There is still a wide gap between evidence-based medicine and real practice in the treatment of patients with AF...
- Vagal dysfunction in Chagas diseaseAntonio Luiz P Ribeiro
Int J Cardiol 103:225-6; author reply 227-9. 2005
- Abnormalities in fractal heart rate dynamics in Chagas diseaseMarcos Roberto de Sousa
Hospital das Clínicas and Internal Medicine Department, School of Medicine, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 11:145-53. 2006....
- Early occurrence of anti-muscarinic autoantibodies and abnormal vagal modulation in Chagas diseaseAntonio Luiz Pinho Ribeiro
Postgraduate Course of Tropical Medicine, School of Medicine, Av Alfredo Balena, 190 Campus Saúde, 30130 100 Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 117:59-63. 2007....
- Timing of arrhythmic death after myocardial infarction: does it affect timing of ICD implantation?Federico Lombardi
Eur Heart J 26:1350-2. 2005
- [Chronotropic-metabolic index in Chagas' disease]Ana Luiza Lunardi Rocha
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 38:373-6. 2005..0+/-0.12, p < 0.001). Chagas' disease patients with and without left ventricular dysfunction chronotropic incompetence may exhibit reduced chronotropic response to exercise, expressed by a less steep chronotropic-metabolic index...
- Electrocardiology of atrial fibrillation. Current knowledge and future challengesAndreas Bollmann
Department of Cardiology, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 25:15-23. 2006
- Prognostic value of signal-averaged electrocardiogram in Chagas diseaseAntonio Luiz Pinho Ribeiro
Post graduate Course of Tropical Medicine, School of Medicine, Hospital das Clinicas, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 19:502-9. 2008..The aim of this prospective longitudinal study was to determine the prognostic value of SAECG in ChD, using multivariate models with other established prognostic predictors, and to develop a simple prediction risk score...
- Power-law behavior of heart rate variability in Chagas' diseaseAntonio Luiz P Ribeiro
Hospital das Clínicas and Post Graduation in Tropical Medicine, School of Medicine, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Am J Cardiol 89:414-8. 2002..This abnormality may explain the increased risk for arrhythmic sudden death found in Chagas' disease even in the absence of signs of LV dysfunction...
- Sympathetic activation and sub-clinical inflammation: a new combination to identify high risk subjectsFederico Lombardi
Eur Heart J 25:359-60. 2004
- Analysis of surface electrocardiograms in atrial fibrillation: techniques, research, and clinical applicationsAndreas Bollmann
Department of Cardiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Europace 8:911-26. 2006..Different signal processing techniques have been suggested for identification of underlying AF pathomechanisms and prediction of therapy efficacy...