Affiliation: University of Turin
- Temperament and character in obese women with and without binge eating disorderSecondo Fassino
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Service for Eating Disorders, Turin University, Turin, Italy
Compr Psychiatry 43:431-7. 2002..Moreover, as regards personality, a lower SD and a higher risk of Personality Disorders were found in obese BED patients. Different severities of overweight do not seem to relate to a specific personality susceptibility...
- Treatment of obese patients with binge eating disorder using topiramate: a reviewPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, University, of Torino, Centre for Eating, Disorders and Obesity, Torino, Italy
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 5:385-92. 2009..Although the evidence is preliminary, topiramate appears to be a relatively safe and effective treatment for obese subjects with BED. Limitations of the studies and future directions for research are discussed...
- Second-year Italian medical students' attitudes toward care of the dying patient: an exploratory studyPaolo Leombruni
Clinical Psychology and Psycho Oncology Unit, Department of Neurosciences, University of Turin, 15, Via Cherasco, Turin, 10126, Italy
J Cancer Educ 27:759-63. 2012..The need to establish tailored methods in End-of-Life Care education to make students aware of their relationship patterns and to improve students' attitudes toward dying patients is discussed...
- Oxcarbazepine for the treatment of trichotillomaniaPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neuroscience, Centre for Eating Disorders, Turin University, Turin, Italy
Clin Neuropharmacol 33:107-8. 2010..The anticonvulsant oxcarbazepine has also been used as mood stabilizer and has been tested for treating binge eating, but there is no report on oxcarbazepine in trichotillomania...
- Duloxetine in obese binge eater outpatients: preliminary results from a 12-week open trialPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neurosciences, Turin University, Pilot Centre for Eating Disorders, Italy
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:483-8. 2009..We evaluated the efficacy of duloxetine, an SNRI, in 45 obese patients who reported binge eating...
- The role of anger in adherence to highly active antiretroviral treatment in patients infected with HIVPaolo Leombruni
Neuroscience Department, Psychiatry Section, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 78:254-7. 2009..However, the relationship between psychological variables and medication adherence is still poorly understood. The aim of this study was to investigate how anger dimensions in subjects with HIV affect adherence to antiretroviral drugs...
- A randomized, double-blind trial comparing sertraline and fluoxetine 6-month treatment in obese patients with Binge Eating DisorderPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, University of Torino, Centre for Eating Disorders and Obesity, Ospedale San Giovanni Battista le Molinette of Torino, Via Cherasco 11, Torino, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1599-605. 2008..These results were maintained by responders (weigh loss of at least 5% of baseline weight) over 24 weeks. The results suggest that a 6-month treatment with SSRI may be an effective option to treat patients with BED...
- Psychological predictors of outcome in vertical banded gastroplasty: a 6 months prospective pilot studyPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, Centre for Eating Disorders, University of Turin, Italy
Obes Surg 17:941-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess whether psychological presurgical variables can predict outcome of vertical banded gastroplasty (VBG) in the short term...
- A 12 to 24 weeks pilot study of sertraline treatment in obese women binge eatersPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, Turin University, and Centre for Eating Disorders, Az Ospedaliera San Giovanni Battista di Torino, Italy
Hum Psychopharmacol 21:181-8. 2006..Further studies are needed to confirm the usefulness of sertraline in the treatment of patients with BED and also in binge eaters with a less severe eating psychopathology...
- Oxcarbazepine for the treatment of binge eating disorder: a case seriesPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neurosciences, Section of Psychiatry, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Adv Ther 25:718-24. 2008..8-2.9 kg). Our results were inconsistent, but the drug was effective for some patients who showed marked impulsivity in eating behaviours and depressive symptoms...
- Temperament and character profile of eating disorders: a controlled study with the Temperament and Character InventorySecondo Fassino
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, Service for Eating Disorders, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Int J Eat Disord 32:412-25. 2002..A way to face this problem is to examine the personality traits underlying these disorders...
- Personality trait interactions in parents of patients with borderline personality disorder: a controlled study using the Temperament and Character InventorySecondo Fassino
Neurosciences Department, Psychiatry Section, University of Torino School of Medicine, Health Territorial District 3, Turin, Italy
Psychiatry Res 165:128-36. 2009..The relationship between personality traits of borderline offspring and those of their parents may be related to both genetic transmission and family dynamics. Ramifications for treatment are discussed...
- Hypomania across the binge eating spectrum. A study on hypomanic symptoms in full criteria and sub-threshold binge eating subjectsFederico Amianto
Center for Eating Disorders, Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Via Cherasco 11, 10126, Turin, Italy
J Affect Disord 133:580-3. 2011..The present paper aims to investigate whether subjects with BED full criteria show more hypomanic symptoms than those with s-BED, after controlling for personality variables as potential confounders...
- Duloxetine for the treatment of mood disorder in cancer patients: a 12-week case-control clinical trialRiccardo Torta
Clinical and Oncological Psychology Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Hum Psychopharmacol 26:291-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy and tolerability of duloxetine in cancer patients with mood disorder (MD) by means of a comparison with a matched control group of patients with MD without medical illness...
- Efficacy of citalopram in anorexia nervosa: a pilot studySecondo Fassino
Department of Neuroscience, Sezione di Psichiatria, University of Turin, Via Cherasco 11, 10100, Turin, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 12:453-9. 2002..Anorexia nervosa (AN) still lacks a defined treatment. Since fluoxetine proved effective in weight-restored anorexics, this pilot study evaluates the efficacy of another SSRI, citalopram, in restricting-type AN...
- Citalopram versus fluoxetine for the treatment of patients with bulimia nervosa: a single-blind randomized controlled trialPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neurosciences, Section of Psychiatry University of Turin, S Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Adv Ther 23:481-94. 2006..Both treatments showed some effect on outcome measures, but efficacy profiles did not overlap. Citalopram may be useful in depressed patients with bulimia, whereas fluoxetine is more specific for those with introjected anger and bulimia...
- Mood, eating attitudes, and anger in obese women with and without Binge Eating DisorderSecondo Fassino
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, Service for Eating Disorders, Psychiatry Institute, University of Turin, Via Cherasco 11, 10126 Turin, Italy
J Psychosom Res 54:559-66. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the anger levels and their management in obese patients...
- Alexithymia and psychological distress in fibromyalgia: prevalence and relation with quality of lifeLorys Castelli
Department of Psychology, University of Turin, Via Po 14, 10123, Turin, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 30:70-7. 2012..While the psychological distress has been widely explored in FM, only a few studies investigated alexithymia, an emotional dysregulation trait...
- Dropout from brief psychotherapy within a combination treatment in bulimia nervosa: role of personality and angerSecondo Fassino
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, Service for Eating Disorders, Turin University, Turin, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 72:203-10. 2003..To explore the personality, psychopathology, and clinical features of bulimic patients who do not complete psychotherapy, within a combined treatment...
- Personality profile of HIV outpatients: preliminary results and remarks on clinical managementSecondo Fassino
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 73:361-5. 2004..The present study assessed the personality traits of a heterogeneous group of seropositive subjects compared with healthy controls to determine specific temperament and character traits of this population...
- Anger and functioning amongst inpatients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder living in a therapeutic communitySecondo Fassino
Neurosciences Department, Psychiatry Section, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 63:186-94. 2009..This study explored the functional correlates of anger amongst therapeutic community inpatients...
- Slow versus standard up-titration of paroxetine for the treatment of depression in cancer patients: a pilot studyLaura Amodeo
Clinical and Oncological Psychology, Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Corso Bramante 88, 10126 Turin, Italy
Support Care Cancer 20:375-84. 2012..This study aimed to compare the tolerability and efficacy of two different titrations of paroxetine (slow and standard) in a population of cancer patients with depression...
- Attentional biases and frontal functioning in anorexia nervosaSecondo Fassino
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, Service for Eating Disorders, Turin University, Turin, Italy
Int J Eat Disord 31:274-83. 2002..The aim was to highlight any correlation between neuropsychological functioning and the degree of pathology for food style, body image, and physical state...
- Baseline personality functioning correlates with 6 month outcome in schizophreniaSecondo Fassino
Section of Psychiatry, Department of Neurosciences, University of Turin, V Cherasco 11, CAP 10126 Turin, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 18:93-100. 2003..The aim was to evaluate the outcome and related psychostructural and clinical factors in schizophrenic patients after they underwent 6 months of residential multimodal treatment...
- An exploratory study to subtype obese binge eaters by personality traitsPaolo Leombruni
Rita Levi Montalcini Neuroscience Department, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 83:114-8. 2014..These results could generate exploratory works regarding personality in obese people with BED to discover more targeted treatments. © 2014 S. Karger AG, Basel. ..
- Anorectic family dynamics: temperament and character dataSecondo Fassino
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Torino University School of Medicine, Turin, Italy
Compr Psychiatry 43:114-20. 2002..The TCI was useful in discriminating between normal controls and anorectic subjects, their parents, and the whole anorectic family...