Affiliation: University of Palermo
- Bypass of cell cycle arrest induced by transient DNMT1 post-transcriptional silencing triggers aneuploidy in human cellsViviana Barra
Department of Molecular and Biomolecular Science and Technology STEMBIO University of Palermo, Italy
Cell Div 7:2. 2012..abstract:..
- Simultaneous Aurora-A/STK15 overexpression and centrosome amplification induce chromosomal instability in tumour cells with a MIN phenotypeLaura Lentini
Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology A, Monroy, University of Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, Palermo, Italy
BMC Cancer 7:212. 2007..Also, alterations in genes required for mitotic progression could be involved in CIN.A major candidate is represented by Aurora-A/STK15 that associates with centrosomes and is overexpressed in several types of human tumour...
- RNAi mediated acute depletion of retinoblastoma protein (pRb) promotes aneuploidy in human primary cells via micronuclei formationAngela Amato
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo A, Monroy, Universita di Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, Palermo, Italy
BMC Cell Biol 10:79. 2009..Primary human fibroblasts were transfected transiently with short interfering RNA (siRNA) specific for human pRb to investigate the effects of pRb acute loss on chromosomal stability...
- Aurora-A transcriptional silencing and vincristine treatment show a synergistic effect in human tumor cellsLaura Lentini
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo A Monroy, Universita di Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, Palermo, Italy
Oncol Res 17:115-25. 2008..Finally, Aurora-A transcriptional silencing seems to confer cancer cells a greater sensitivity to chemotherapy by vincristine, indicating Aurora-A as a possible gene target in cancer therapy...
- RB acute loss induces centrosome amplification and aneuploidy in murine primary fibroblastsFlora Iovino
Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology A Monroy, University of Palermo, Italy
Mol Cancer 5:38. 2006..Moreover, since pRb is a transcriptional repressor, microarray analysis was done on pRb-competent and pRb-deficient MEFs to evaluate changes in expression of genes for centrosome homeostasis and for correct mitosis...
- MAD2 depletion triggers premature cellular senescence in human primary fibroblasts by activating a p53 pathway preventing aneuploid cells propagationLaura Lentini
Department of Molecular and Biomolecular Science and Technology STEMBIO University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Cell Physiol 227:3324-32. 2012....
- CENPA overexpression promotes genome instability in pRb-depleted human cellsAngela Amato
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Palermo, Italy
Mol Cancer 8:119. 2009..Functional inactivation of the Retinoblastoma protein (pRb) has been indicated as a cause promoting chromosomal instability as well centrosome amplification. However, the underlying molecular mechanism still remains to be clarified...
- Centrosome amplification induced by hydroxyurea leads to aneuploidy in pRB deficient human and mouse fibroblastsLaura Lentini
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo A Monroy, Universita di Palermo, and Centro di OncoBiologia Sperimentale, viale delle Scienze 90128, Palermo, Italy
Cancer Lett 238:153-60. 2006..Finally, our results suggest that pRB dysfunction both in human and murine fibroblasts transiently arrested in G1/S by hydroxyurea allows centrosomes amplification, in the absence of DNA synthesis, that in turn could drive aneuploidy...
- Functional inactivation of pRB results in aneuploid mammalian cells after release from a mitotic blockLaura Lentini
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology A Monroy, University of Palermo, viale delle Scienze 90128, Palermo, Italy
Neoplasia 4:380-7. 2002..However, these cells escaped the arrest and became aneuploid upon pRB ablation by CRE recombinase, suggesting pRB as a major component of a checkpoint that controls cellular ploidy...
- Does the evidence matter in medicine? The retinoblastoma paradigmDomenico Mastrangelo
Department of Ophthalmology, Ocular Oncology Unit, University of Siena, Italy
Int J Cancer 121:2501-5. 2007..Overall, the "two hit" theory represents a rather simplistic and outdated model to explain tumour development and clinical evolution of retinoblastoma...