Affiliation: University of Verona
- 8-Iso-PGF2 alpha induces beta 2-integrin-mediated rapid adhesion of human polymorphonuclear neutrophils: a link between oxidative stress and ischemia/reperfusion injuryL Fontana
Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, Section of General Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:55-60. 2001..The effect is transduced via activation of the receptor for thromboxane A2...
- Early agonist-induced intracellular acidification is increased in platelets from patients with essential hypertensionC Lechi
Istituti di Clinica Medica e di Chimica Clinica, University of Verona, Italy
Am J Hypertens 7:1090-6. 1994..After incubation with amiloride a further decrease in intracellular pH, more marked in EH, was observed. Alkalinization induced by thrombin was increased in EH (P < .05).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Insulin and glucose mediate opposite intracellular ionized magnesium variations in human lymphocytesP Delva
Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, Section of Medicina Interna C, University of Verona, Policlinico GB Rossi, Piazzale LA Scuro, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Endocrinol 190:711-8. 2006....
- Effects of smoking on cardiopulmonary baroreceptor activation and peripheral vascular resistanceE Arosio
Division of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, University of Verona, Valeggio Hospital, Verona, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 36:320-5. 2006..We calculated forearm resistance and carotid wall tension. We also studied R-R variability, calculating the ratio between low frequency (LF) and high frequency (HF) R-R interval variability...
- Haemodynamic effects of AT1 inhibition and Ca2+-channel blockade in hypertensive patients during isometric stressE Arosio
Division of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, University of Verona, Valeggio sul Mincio Hospital, Verona, Italy
J Hum Hypertens 20:201-5. 2006..Inhibition of AT1 is able to reduce haemodynamic modifications elicited by isometric stress in hypertensive patients...
- Catecholamine-induced regulation in vitro and ex vivo of intralymphocyte ionized magnesiumP Delva
Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, Section of Medicina Interna C, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Membr Biol 199:163-71. 2004....
- Elevated plasma fibrinogen levels in patients with essential hypertension are related to vascular complicationsC Lechi
Department of Morphological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Int Angiol 22:72-8. 2003..We investigated whether or not fibrinogen is related to the cardiovascular risk profile and complications in hypertensive subjects...
- [Peripheral insulin resistance and free intralymphocyte magnesium and calcium concentrations in patients with essential hypertension]P Delva
, , Policlinico Borgo Roma, Verona, Italie
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1147-9. 1997..Our data are in favour of a link between index of peripheral insulin resistance and body mass index. A dependence from Mg(i) is possible but the study lack so far the statistical power to demonstrate it...
- ACE genotype and endothelium-dependent vasodilation of conduit arteries and forearm microcirculation in humansG Arcaro
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, University of Verona School of Medicine, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1313-9. 2001..It remains to be determined whether this association discloses a causal role in vascular, particularly peripheral artery, disease...
- Study of 2708 heroin-related deaths in north-eastern Italy 1985-98 to establish the main causes of deathG Quaglio
Medical Service for Addictive Disorders, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Verona, Italy
Addiction 96:1127-37. 2001..The fall in deaths from AIDS enhances the problem to prevent and treat HCV infection. Decisions in drug projects, in research and in training should be influenced by the strikingly high percentage of deaths due to drug use...
- Association between depressive mood and cigarette smoking in a large Italian sample of smokers intending to quit: implications for treatmentF Lugoboni
Medical Service for Addictive Disorders, Department of Internal Medicine, Policlinico GB Rossi, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 2:196-201. 2007..The aim of the study is to assess the prevalence and degree of depression at baseline of a large cohort of smokers intending to quit...