Anna M Lavezzi
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Lavezzi A, Mohorovic L, Alfonsi G, Corna M, Matturri L. Brain iron accumulation in unexplained fetal and infant death victims with smoker mothers--the possible involvement of maternal methemoglobinemia. BMC Pediatr. 2011;11:62 pubmed publisher..We propose that the free iron deposition in the brain of sudden fetal and infant death victims could be a catabolic product of maternal methemoglobinemia, a biomarker of oxidative stress likely due to nicotine absorption. ..
- Lavezzi A, Corna M, Matturri L. Neuronal nuclear antigen (NeuN): a useful marker of neuronal immaturity in sudden unexplained perinatal death. J Neurol Sci. 2013;329:45-50 pubmed publisher..The exclusive presence of this pattern of expression in SIUDS/SIDS victims, leads us to recommend the NeuN immunohistochemistry as a routine method in neuropathological protocols to convalidate a diagnosis of sudden perinatal death. ..
- Lavezzi A, Ferrero S, Matturri L, Roncati L, Pusiol T. Developmental neuropathology of brainstem respiratory centers in unexplained stillbirth: What's the meaning?. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2016;53:99-106 pubmed publisher....
- Lavezzi A, Corna M, Matturri L. Ependymal alterations in sudden intrauterine unexplained death and sudden infant death syndrome: possible primary consequence of prenatal exposure to cigarette smoking. Neural Dev. 2010;5:17 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we investigated a possible link between alterations of this structure, sudden unexplained fetal and infant death and maternal smoking...
- Lavezzi A, Weese Mayer D, Yu M, Jennings L, Corna M, Casale V, et al. Developmental alterations of the respiratory human retrotrapezoid nucleus in sudden unexplained fetal and infant death. Auton Neurosci. 2012;170:12-9 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion we suggest that developmental abnormalities of the hRTN may seriously compromise chemoreception control, playing a critical role in the pathogenesis of both SIUD and SIDS...
- Lavezzi A, Ferrero S, Lattuada D, Piscioli F, Alfonsi G, Matturri L. PATHOBIOLOGICAL EXPRESSION OF THE BRAIN-DERIVED NEUROTROPHIC FACTOR (BDNF) IN CEREBELLAR CORTEX OF SUDDEN FETAL AND INFANT DEATH VICTIMS. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This implies modifications of synaptic transmission in the respiratory circuits, with obvious deleterious consequences on survival...