Anna M Lavezzi
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Lavezzi A, Cappiello A, Termopoli V, Bonoldi E, Matturri L. Sudden Infant Death With Area Postrema Lesion Likely Due to Wrong Use of Insecticide. Pediatrics. 2015;136:e1039-42 pubmed publisher..These results provide an explanation for this sudden infant death, allowing a differential diagnosis from sudden infant death syndrome. ..
- Lavezzi A, Corna M, Matturri L. Neuronal nuclear antigen (NeuN): a useful marker of neuronal immaturity in sudden unexplained perinatal death. J Neurol Sci. 2013;329:45-50 pubmed publisher..The exclusive presence of this pattern of expression in SIUDS/SIDS victims, leads us to recommend the NeuN immunohistochemistry as a routine method in neuropathological protocols to convalidate a diagnosis of sudden perinatal death. ..
- Lavezzi A, Corna M, Matturri L. Ependymal alterations in sudden intrauterine unexplained death and sudden infant death syndrome: possible primary consequence of prenatal exposure to cigarette smoking. Neural Dev. 2010;5:17 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we investigated a possible link between alterations of this structure, sudden unexplained fetal and infant death and maternal smoking...
- Lavezzi A, Weese Mayer D, Yu M, Jennings L, Corna M, Casale V, et al. Developmental alterations of the respiratory human retrotrapezoid nucleus in sudden unexplained fetal and infant death. Auton Neurosci. 2012;170:12-9 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion we suggest that developmental abnormalities of the hRTN may seriously compromise chemoreception control, playing a critical role in the pathogenesis of both SIUD and SIDS...
- Lavezzi A, Ferrero S, Lattuada D, Piscioli F, Alfonsi G, Matturri L. Pathobiological expression of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in cerebellar cortex of sudden fetal and infant death victims. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2018;66:9-17 pubmed publisher..This implies modifications of synaptic transmission in the respiratory circuits, with obvious deleterious consequences on survival. ..