Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Foggia
- Uncoupling protein 2 G(-866)A polymorphism: a new gene polymorphism associated with C-reactive protein in type 2 diabetic patientsEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:68. 2010..This study evaluated the relationship between the G(-866)A polymorphism of the uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2) gene and high-sensitivity C reactive protein (hs-CRP) plasma levels in diabetic patients...
- Iron deficiency and cardiovascular disease: an updated review of the evidenceEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Federico II University of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Curr Atheroscler Rep 15:358. 2013..Extreme conditions of iron deficiency, as well as of iron overload, are associated with modestly increased CVD risk, although with different proposed mechanisms. ..
- Fasting APO B48 levels are associated with microalbuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetesE Lapice
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Acta Diabetol 49:409-12. 2012..In patients with type 2 diabetes, microalbuminuria is associated with elevated Apo B48 levels, independent of major confounders; this may partly explain the excess cardiovascular risk of these patients...
- Fasting apolipoprotein B48 is associated with asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease in type 2 diabetic subjects: a case-control studyEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Atherosclerosis 223:504-6. 2012....
- Beta2-adrenergic receptor and UCP3 variants modulate the relationship between age and type 2 diabetes mellitusMichele Pinelli
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology A, Califano, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
BMC Med Genet 7:85. 2006..To achieve this aim we exploited a multianalytical approach also using dimensionality reduction strategy and conservative significance correction strategies...
- Abdominal adiposity is associated with elevated C-reactive protein independent of BMI in healthy nonobese peopleEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Diabetes Care 32:1734-6. 2009..There is debate over the most appropriate adiposity markers of obesity-associated health risks. We evaluated the relationship between fat distribution and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), independent of total adiposity...
- Pro12Ala polymorphism of the PPARgamma2 locus modulates the relationship between energy intake and body weight in type 2 diabetic patientsOlga Vaccaro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples, Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Diabetes Care 30:1156-61. 2007..We explore the relationship among BMI, habitual diet, and the Pro12Ala polymorphism in the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)gamma2...