Ioannis U Isaias
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Factors predicting protracted improvement after pallidal DBS for primary dystonia: the role of age and disease durationIoannis U Isaias
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Neurol 258:1469-76. 2011..Our data suggest that subjects with short DD may expect to achieve a better general outcome than those with longer DD and that AS may influence the time necessary to achieve maximal clinical response...
- Enhanced catecholamine transporter binding in the locus coeruleus of patients with early Parkinson diseaseIoannis U Isaias
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Umana, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
BMC Neurol 11:88. 2011..Little is known however, about the functional state of the LC in patients with Parkinson disease (PD)...
- The influence of dopaminergic striatal innervation on upper limb locomotor synergiesIoannis U Isaias
LAMB P and L Mariani, Section of Human Physiology Department, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e51464. 2012..These findings are preliminary evidence that dopaminergic striatal tone plays a modulatory role in upper-limb locomotor synergies and upper-lower limb coupling while walking at different velocities...
- Dopaminergic striatal innervation predicts interlimb transfer of a visuomotor skillIoannis U Isaias
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Dipartimento di Fisiologia Umana, 20133 Milano, Italy
J Neurosci 31:14458-62. 2011..We conclude that striatal dopaminergic activity plays an important role in the transfer of visuomotor skills...
- A role for locus coeruleus in Parkinson tremorIoannis U Isaias
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Umana, Laboratorio Analisi del Movimento L A M B, Università degli Studi di Milano Milano, Italy
Front Hum Neurosci 5:179. 2011..This study suggests a role of the LC in Parkinson tremor...
- Deep brain stimulation for primary generalized dystonia: long-term outcomesIoannis U Isaias
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Neurol 66:465-70. 2009..Pallidal deep brain stimulation (DBS) is the best therapeutic option for patients with disabling primary generalized dystonia (PGD) that is refractory to medications. However, little is known about its long-term effects...
- Outcome predictors of pallidal stimulation in patients with primary dystonia: the role of disease durationIoannis U Isaias
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 5 East 98th Street, Box 1139, New York, NY 10029, USA
Brain 131:1895-902. 2008..No particular predictive value should be assigned to age at onset, age at surgery, severity of disease, DYT1 status and the presence of phasic or tonic involuntary movements...
- Imaging essential tremorIoannis U Isaias
Department of Human Physiology, University of Milano, Milano, Italy
Mov Disord 25:679-86. 2010..In conclusion, PD and ET do not share a common pattern of dopaminergic loss over time. However, mild impairment of dopamine transporter in the caudate nucleus may contribute to tremor onset in ET...
- Safety of MRI in patients with implanted deep brain stimulation devicesMichele Tagliati
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Neuroimage 47:T53-7. 2009..To survey the safety of MRI in PD patients implanted with DBS devices...