Paolo A Grossi
Affiliation: University of Insubria
- Liver transplantation in HIV-positive individuals: a new paradigmP Grossi
Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Dipartimento di Medicina e Sanita Pubblica, Viale Borri 57, Varese 21100, Italy
Transplant Proc 35:1005-6. 2003
- Failure of levofloxacin treatment in community-acquired pneumococcal pneumoniaAndrea Endimiani
Laboratory of Microbiology and Virology, University of Insubria and Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 5:106. 2005..No clinical cases due to fluoroquinolone-resistant S. pneumoniae strains have been yet reported from Italy...
- Treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in critically ill patientsPaolo Grossi
University of Insubria, Infectious Diseases Department, Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:639-62. 2006..The epidemiology, microbiology, mechanisms of resistance and currently available and future treatment options for the most relevant infections caused by P. aeruginosa are reviewed...
- Early appropriate therapy of Gram-positive bloodstream infections: the conservative use of new drugsPaolo A Grossi
Infectious Diseases Department, University of Insubria, Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 34:S31-4. 2009..Daptomycin has recently been proven to be effective and well tolerated for meticillin-sensitive S. aureus and MRSA bacteraemia, including right-sided endocarditis...
- Access to treatment for HBV infection and its consistency with 2008 European guidelines in a multicentre cross-sectional study of HIV/HBV co-infected patients in ItalyGiorgio Antonucci
Italian Society of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Florence, Italy
BMC Res Notes 6:153. 2013....
- Update in HIV infection in organ transplantationPaolo A Grossi
Infectious Diseases Section, Department of Surgical and Morphological Sciences, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 17:586-93. 2012..Recent advances have had a significant impact on the potential transplant candidacy of these patients. This review will highlight the major issues associated with transplantation in individuals who are infected with HIV...
- Report of four simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplants in HIV-positive recipients with favorable outcomesP A Grossi
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Insubria, Circolo Hospital and Macchi Foundation, Varese, Italy
Am J Transplant 12:1039-45. 2012..Although limited by its small number, this case series represents the largest reported to date with encouraging long-term outcomes in HIV-positive pancreas-kidney transplant recipients...
- Italian guidelines for diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of invasive fungal infections in solid organ transplant recipientsP A Grossi
Department of Clinical Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Transplant Proc 43:2463-71. 2011..Throughout the consensus document, recommendations as clinical guidelines were rated according to the standard scoring system of the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the United Stated Public Health Service...
- Clinical aspects of invasive candidiasis in solid organ transplant recipientsPaolo Antonio Grossi
Department of Clinical Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, University of Insubria, Varese and National Centre for Transplantation, Rome, Italy
Drugs 69:15-20. 2009....
- Antimicrobial treatment of sepsisPaolo Grossi
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 7:S87-91. 2006..Sepsis is a major cause of morbidity and death in hospitalized patients worldwide and one of the largest current challenges in critical care...
- Criteria and terms for certified suitability of organ donors: assumptions and operational strategies in ItalySante Venettoni
Centro Nazionale Trapianti, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 43:279-86. 2007..A pool of experts is available round the clock to offer advice on doubtful clinical cases. Such measures have allowed more effective use of available donors for transplantation...
- Quality and safety in the Italian donor evaluation processAlessandro Nanni Costa
Italian National Transplant Centre, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Roma, Italy
Transplantation 85:S52-6. 2008....
- Antiretroviral genotypic resistance in plasma RNA and whole blood DNA in HIV-1 infected patients failing HAARTAnnalisa Saracino
Clinic of Infectious Diseases, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
J Med Virol 80:1695-706. 2008..Therefore, in some cases DNA plus RNA genotyping might assist in choosing more accurately subsequent antiretroviral regimens...
- Infections after living-donor liver transplantationBruno Gridelli
ISMETT U P M C Italy, Palermo, Italy
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 7:S105-8. 2006..Living-donor liver transplantation (LDLT) is an effective means of overcoming the shortage of adult organs, as outcomes are now comparable to those of cadaveric donor liver transplantation...
- Kidney transplantation from anti-HBc+ donors: results from a retrospective Italian studyTullia M De Feo
Department Trasfusionale e di Riferimento per il Trapianto di Organi e Tessuti, IRCCS Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Transplantation 81:76-80. 2006..Therefore, prior to that date kidney recipients from anti-HBc/HBsAg donors can be identified retrospectively where stored serum is available for testing...
- Interruption of highly active antiretroviral therapy in HIV clinical practice: results from the Italian Cohort of Antiretroviral-Naive PatientsAntonella d'Arminio Monforte
Istituto di Malattie Infettive e Tropicali, Universita di Milano, Milano, Italy
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:407-16. 2005....
- Screening for human herpesvirus 8 antibodies in Italian organ transplantation centersDiego Serraino
Clin Infect Dis 40:203-5. 2005
- Strategies for evaluation of suitable donors: Italian experienceSante Venettoni
Italian National Transplant Centre, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Ann Transplant 9:15-6. 2004..In conclusion we aim to standardize the process of donor evaluation across Italy, to increase the pool of utilised donors and to reduce the risk of communicable disease transmission...
- Antifungal prophylaxis in liver transplant patients: a systematic review and meta-analysisMario Cruciani
Center of Preventive Medicine, HIV Outpatient Clinic, Verona, Italy
Liver Transpl 12:850-8. 2006..Concerns about the selection of triazole-resistant Candida strains, however, are realistic, and the potential disadvantages of prophylaxis should be weighed against the established benefits...