Affiliation: University of Ferrara
- Emotional and interpersonal factors are most important for patient satisfaction with anaesthesiaM Capuzzo
Department of Surgical, Anaesthetic and Radiological Sciences, Section of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy cpmunife it
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:735-42. 2005..This study was performed to identify the items of value for patients having anaesthesia (pilot phase) and to validate the questionnaire built on these findings in a new group of inpatients...
- Psychiatric morbidity and burnout in the medical profession: an Italian study of general practitioners and hospital physiciansL Grassi
Department of Medical Sciences of Communication and Behaviour, Section of Psychiatry, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry and Psychoncology Service, University of Ferrara, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 69:329-34. 2000..The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of and the relationship between psychiatric morbidity and burnout among a convenience sample of Italian primary care physicians (GPs) and hospital physicians (HPs)...
- Coping styles and psychosocial-related variables in HIV-infected patientsL Grassi
Department of Medical Sciences of Communication and Behavior, University of Ferrara, Italy
Psychosomatics 39:350-9. 1998..The data support the hypothesis that coping with HIV infection is a complex phenomenon involving multiple and interacting variables. Interventions aimed at improving the coping style for many HIV patients are needed...
- Illness behavior, emotional stress and psychosocial factors among asymptomatic HIV-infected patientsL Grassi
Department of Medical Sciences of Communication and Behavior, Section of Psychiatry, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Service, University of Ferrara, St Anna Hospital, Ferrara, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 68:31-8. 1999..This study sought to examine characteristics of illness behavior and to investigate the association between illness behavior and psychosocial and clinical variables among asymptomatic HIV-infected subjects...
- Physicians' attitudes to and problems with truth-telling to cancer patientsL Grassi
Clinica Psichiatrica Università di Ferrara, Italy
Support Care Cancer 8:40-5. 2000..Despite changes in medical education, improvement of communication skills in dealing with cancer patients and their families represents an important need in healthcare settings...
- Social support and psychological distress in primary care attenders. Ferrara SIMG GroupL Grassi
Department of Medical Sciences of Communication and Behavior, Section of Psychiatry, the Consultation Liaison Psychiatric Service, University of Ferrara, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 69:95-100. 2000..The role of psychosocial variables, namely the role of support from the patients' interpersonal ties, has not been extensively explored...
- Psychosocial problems secondary to cancer: an Italian multicentre survey of consultation-liaison psychiatry in oncology. Italian Consultation-Liaison GroupL Grassi
Dipartimento Discipline Comunicazione e Comportamento, Sezione di Psichiatria, Universita di Ferrara, Corso Giovecca 203, 44100, Ferrara, Italy
Eur J Cancer 36:579-85. 2000..These findings indicate the need for improvement of referral criteria to C-L and closer attention to continuity of psychosocial care of cancer patients during hospitalisation and post-discharge...
- Suicide probability and psychological morbidity secondary to HIV infection: a control study of HIV-seropositive, hepatitis C virus (HCV)-seropositive and HIV/HCV-seronegative injecting drug usersL Grassi
Department of Medical Sciences of Communication and Behavior, Section of Psychiatry, the Consultation Liaison Psychiatric Service and Psychiatric Unit, University of Ferrara, C so Giovecca 203, 44100, Ferrara, Italy
J Affect Disord 64:195-202. 2001....
- Knowledge about HIV transmission and prevention among Italian patients with psychiatric disordersL Grassi
Section of Psychiatry, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Psychiatr Serv 52:679-81. 2001..These findings confirm the need for HIV-related educational and behavior-modification programs for patients with chronic and severe mental illness in the community in Italy...
- Depression, psychosocial variables and occurrence of life events among patients with cancerL Grassi
Department of Medical Sciences of Communicatin and Behaviour Section of Psychiatry, University of Ferrara, Italy
J Affect Disord 44:21-30. 1997..However, because of the cross-sectional nature of the study, no conclusion regarding a causal relationship between depression and psychosocial variables is possible...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder-related symptoms after intensive careM Capuzzo
Department of Surgical, Anaesthetic and Radiological Sciences, Section of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 71:167-79. 2005..To determine the incidence of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) related symptoms in a population of intensive care unit (ICU) admitted patients and the relationship between PTSD-related symptoms and memories of ICU...
- Analgesia, sedation, and memory of intensive careM Capuzzo
Department of Surgical, Anaesthetic and Radiological Sciences, Section of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital of Ferrara, Italy
J Crit Care 16:83-9. 2001..Sedation does not influence the incidence of factual, sensation, and emotional memories of ICU admitted patients. Females have higher incidences of emotional memories than males...