Affiliation: University of Pisa
- The ecological risks of transgenic plantsManuela Giovannetti
Department of Chemistry and Agricultural Biotechnology, University of Pisa, Via del Borghetto 80, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Riv Biol 96:207-23. 2003....
- Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in national parks, nature reserves and protected areas worldwide: a strategic perspective for their in situ conservationAlessandra Turrini
Department of Crop Plant Biology, University of Pisa, Via del Borghetto 80, Pisa, Italy
Mycorrhiza 22:81-97. 2012..The aim was to offer a strategic perspective to increase awareness of the importance of conserving these beneficial plant symbionts and of preserving their biodiversity in the years to come...
- Nutraceutical value and safety of tomato fruits produced by mycorrhizal plantsM Giovannetti
Department of Crop Plant Biology, University of Pisa, Via del Borghetto 80, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Br J Nutr 107:242-51. 2012..The present study shows that beneficial plant symbionts, such as mycorrhizal fungi, can lead to the production of safe and high-quality food, which is an important societal issue strongly demanded by both consumers and producers...
- Genetic diversity of isolates of Glomus mosseae from different geographic areas detected by vegetative compatibility testing and biochemical and molecular analysisManuela Giovannetti
Dipartimento di Chimica e Biotecnologie Agrarie, Università di Pisa Istituto di Biologia e Biotecnologia Agraria, C N R, Pisa, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:616-24. 2003....
- The impact of genetically modified crops on soil microbial communitiesManuela Giovannetti
Dipartimento di Biologia delle Piante Agrarie, Universita di Pisa, Italy
Riv Biol 98:393-417. 2005....
- Genetic and phenotypic diversity of geographically different isolates of Glomus mosseaeLuciano Avio
Institute of Agricultural Biology and Biotechnology, C N R, Pisa, Italy
Can J Microbiol 55:242-53. 2009....
- Plugging into the network: belowground connections between germlings and extraradical mycelium of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungiCristiana Sbrana
CNR, Institute of Biology and Agrobiotechnology UOS Pisa, Via del Borghetto 80, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Mycologia 103:307-16. 2011..Given the multigenomic nature of AMF, the mingling of germling nuclei with those of the mycorrhizal network through perfect fusions might represent a means for the maintenance of genetic diversity in the absence of sexual recombination...
- Type of mycorrhizal associations in two coastal nature reserves of the Mediterranean basinAndrea Maremmani
Dipartimento di Chimica e Biotecnologie Agrarie, Universita di Pisa, Via del Borghetto 80, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Mycorrhiza 13:33-40. 2003..Mycorrhizal type abundance calculated on a floristic basis was very different from that obtained using a vegetation cover index...
- Self-anastomosing ability and vegetative incompatibility of Tuber borchii isolatesCristiana Sbrana
Institute of Biology and Agricultural Biotechnology CNR, UO Pisa, Via del Borghetto 80, 56124, Pisa, Italy
Mycorrhiza 17:667-75. 2007..The diversity of T. borchii strains revealed by cytomorphological approaches is consistent with their genetic diversity obtained by molecular methods...
- Establishment, persistence and effectiveness of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal inoculants in the field revealed using molecular genetic tracing and measurement of yield componentsElisa Pellegrino
Institute of Life Sciences, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pisa, Italy
New Phytol 194:810-22. 2012..sativa. • Proof of inoculation success and sustained positive effects on biomass production and quality of M. sativa crop plants hold promise for the role that AM fungal inoculants could play in agriculture...
- Diversity of culturable bacterial populations associated to Tuber borchii ectomycorrhizas and their activity on T. borchii mycelial growthCristiana Sbrana
Istituto di Biologia e Biotecnologia Agraria C N R formerly Centro di Studio per la Microbiologia del Suolo, C N R Sezione di Pisa, Via del Borghetto 80, 56124 Pisa, Italy
FEMS Microbiol Lett 211:195-201. 2002..The potential role of these populations in the development and establishment of mycorrhizas is discussed...
- Functional diversity of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal isolates in relation to extraradical mycelial networksLuciano Avio
Institute of Biology and Agricultural Biotechnology, UO Pisa, CNR, Via del Borghetto 80, 56124 Pisa, Italy
New Phytol 172:347-57. 2006....