Affiliation: University of Parma
- Giordano G, D Adda T, Varotti E, Crovini G, Silini E. Primary alveolar soft part sarcoma of uterine corpus: a case report with immunohistochemical, ultrastructural study and review of literature. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:24 pubmed publisher..Thus, in this unusual presentation an essential diagnostic marker is the nuclear over-expression of TFE3 as well as ultrastructural study, which reveals the presence of peculiar cytoplasmic crystalline inclusions. ..
- Giordano G, Lombardi M, Brigati F, Mancini C, Silini E. Clinicopathologic features of 2 new cases of uterine tumors resembling ovarian sex cord tumors. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2010;29:459-67 pubmed publisher..The differential diagnosis of UTROSCT and the role of immunohistochemistry in confirming a diagnosis are discussed. ..
- Giordano G, Campanini N, Rocco A, Donofrio V, Bertolini P, Falleti J, et al. C-kit protein expression in Wilms' tumour: an immunohistochemical study. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009;35:629-35 pubmed publisher..However, it seems likely that c-kit expression could be a secondary event related to tumour progression and could be influenced by chemotherapy and unfavourable histology. ..
- Giordano G, D Adda T, Gnetti L, Froio E, Merisio C, Melpignano M. Detection of human papillomavirus in organs of upper genital tract in women with cervical cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:1601-7 pubmed
- Giordano G, Corcione L, Giordano D, D Adda T, Gnetti L, Ferri T. Primary moderately differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma (atypical carcinoid) of the larynx: A case report with immunohistochemical and molecular study. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2009;36:228-31 pubmed publisher..PCR of NEC DNA did not show any signal for HPV DNA. Thus, this neoplasm is not due to an HPV infection, but a mutation of p53 gene which could cause immunohistochemical overexpression of p53 protein...
- Giordano G, Brigati F, Varotti E. A case of ovarian psammocarcinoma with homolateral serous cystoadenofibroma and thecoma associated with Brenner tumour and cystoadenofibroma of the contralateral ovary. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2013;34:569-71 pubmed..Moreover, this example of psammocarcinoma is very interesting because it measures only 1.5 x 0.5 x 1.5 cm and, to the best of the author's knowledge, represents the smallest case ofpsammocarcinoma described so far in the literature...
- Giordano G, Gnetti L, Merisio C, Melpignano M. Postmenopausal status, hypertension and obesity as risk factors for malignant transformation in endometrial polyps. Maturitas. 2007;56:190-7 pubmed..Moreover, to clarify the mechanisms of carcinogenesis in malignant endometrial polyps we examined the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), P53 and Ki 67 and their relationships with clinicopathologic characteristics...