Affiliation: University of Milano-Bicocca
- Analysis of heart period and arterial pressure variability in childhood hypertension: key role of baroreflex impairmentSimonetta Genovesi
Clinica Nefrologica, S Gerardo Hospital, University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Hypertension 51:1289-94. 2008..A similar baroreflex impairment is also observed in the prehypertensive state. Baroreflex assessment could furnish additional information in the clinical assessment of pediatric hypertension...
- Anticoagulants, renal failure and atrial fibrillationSimonetta Genovesi
University of Milano Bicocca and Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, Via Cadore 48, 20900, Monza, Italy 39 0392332376 39 0392332426
Expert Opin Drug Saf 12:1-3. 2013..The advent of new oral anticoagulants raises the important question if patients with severe CRF and ESRD should be excluded or not from this new therapeutic opportunity...
- Insulin resistance, prehypertension, hypertension and blood pressure values in paediatric ageSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca and Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
J Hypertens 30:327-35. 2012....
- QT interval prolongation and decreased heart rate variability in cirrhotic patients: relevance of hepatic venous pressure gradient and serum calciumSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, Monza 20052, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 116:851-9. 2009....
- Hypertension, prehypertension, and transient elevated blood pressure in children: association with weight excess and waist circumferenceSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Am J Hypertens 23:756-61. 2010..To assess the prevalence of hypertension (H), prehypertension (PH), and transient elevated blood pressure (TH) and their relationship with weight class and waist circumference (WC) in an unselected population of Northern Italian children...
- Baroreceptor sensitivity and baroreceptor effectiveness index in cirrhosis: the relevance of hepatic venous pressure gradientSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Liver Int 30:232-9. 2010..Autonomic dysfunction has been reported as one of the complications of cirrhosis...
- Sudden death and associated factors in a historical cohort of chronic haemodialysis patientsSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2529-36. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the incidence of sudden cardiac death and associated risk factors in a cohort of haemodialysis patients...
- Usefulness of waist circumference for the identification of childhood hypertensionSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical and Preventive Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
J Hypertens 26:1563-70. 2008..To investigate the ability of BMI and waist circumference, single and combined, in identifying children who are at risk of hypertension and in influencing absolute blood pressure values...
- Electrolyte concentration during haemodialysis and QT interval prolongation in uraemic patientsSimonetta Genovesi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20052 Monza, Italy
Europace 10:771-7. 2008..To assess the effect of different combinations of potassium and calcium concentrations on QT interval in the dialysis bath in uraemic patients...
- Atrial fibrillation and morbidity and mortality in a cohort of long-term hemodialysis patientsSimonetta Genovesi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 51:255-62. 2008..Atrial fibrillation is associated with increased mortality and hospitalization in the general population. Data about mortality, morbidity, and hospitalization in hemodialysis patients with atrial fibrillation are limited...
- Differences in heart rate variability during haemodialysis and haemofiltrationSimonetta Genovesi
Clinica Nefrologica Università degli studi di Milano Bicocca Ospedale S Gerardo, Milan, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2256-62. 2007....
- Prevalence of atrial fibrillation and associated factors in a population of long-term hemodialysis patientsSimonetta Genovesi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica Prevenzione e Biotecnologie Sanitarie, Università degli Studi Milano, Bicocca, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 46:897-902. 2005..Hemodialysis (HD) is associated with cardiovascular structural modifications; moreover, during HD, rapid electrolytic changes occur. Both factors may favor the onset of atrial fibrillation...
- Maternal perception of excess weight in children: a survey conducted by paediatricians in the province of MilanSimonetta Genovesi
DIMEP Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Acta Paediatr 94:747-52. 2005..To establish whether maternal perception of a child's body weight (BW) and food intake is related to the level of maternal education...
- Results of blood pressure screening in a population of school-aged children in the province of Milan: role of overweightSimonetta Genovesi
DIMEP, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Monza, Italy
J Hypertens 23:493-7. 2005..To study the prevalence of high blood pressure (BP) in an Italian paediatric population, and to verify whether in this population elevated BP values are associated with overweight (OW)...
- Dynamic QT interval analysis in uraemic patients receiving chronic haemodialysisSimonetta Genovesi
DIMEP Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Ospedale di Desio, Desio, Italy
J Hypertens 21:1921-6. 2003..To analyse the duration of the QT interval and its relationship with heart rate changes in patients with uraemia, before and during haemodialysis...
- [Arterial hypertension in dialysis: up to what point should it be corrected? A lot!]Simonetta Genovesi
Clinica Nefrologica AO S Gerardo Monza e Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
G Ital Nefrol 28:256-60. 2011..It is possible, however, that patients who have more comorbidities may not tolerate, especially during hemodialysis sessions, certain blood pressure levels that are known to be preferable in subjects that are less compromised...
- High prevalence of hypertension in normal and underweight Indian childrenSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Italy
J Hypertens 29:217-21. 2011....
- Influence of left ventricular mass, uremia and hypertension on vagal tachycardic reserveLuca Mircoli
Division of Cardiac Rehabilitation, Seregno Hospital, Azienda Ospedale Civile di Vimercate, Milan, Italy
J Hypertens 21:1547-53. 2003..Blood pressure as well as the patient's renal status are also independent correlates of VTR, and the concomitance of LV hypertrophy and ESRD exacerbates the impairment of VTR...
- A noninvasive index of atrial remodeling in patients with paroxysmal and persistent atrial fibrillation: a pilot studyAntonio Vincenti
Electrophysiology and Cardiac Pacing Unit, S Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
J Electrocardiol 45:109-15. 2012....
- Dipyridamole stress echocardiography in diagnosis and prognosis of hemodialysis patients with asymptomatic coronary diseaseRodolfo F Rivera
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Hemodial Int 15:468-76. 2011..Total survival was associated with age and higher levels of plasma phosphate, while male gender, older age, longer HD duration, and DSE+ were predictors of cardiovascular mortality...
- Adiponectin and hypertension in normal-weight and obese childrenPaolo Brambilla
Azienda Sanitaria Locale ASL Milano 2, Milan, Italy
Am J Hypertens 26:257-64. 2013..This relationship is partly independent of obesity, fat distribution, and insulin resistance. Low values of AD in both OB and NW children are associated with a higher probability of hypertension...
- Effects of exercise training on heart rate and QT interval in healthy young individuals: are there gender differences?Simonetta Genovesi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica Prevenzione e Biotecnologie, University of Milano Bicocca, Sanitarie, Via Cadore 48, 20052 Monza, Italy
Europace 9:55-60. 2007..The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of exercise training on heart rate, QT interval, and on the relation between ventricular repolarization and heart rate in men and women...