Affiliation: University of Milano-Bicocca
- Analysis of heart period and arterial pressure variability in childhood hypertension: key role of baroreflex impairmentSimonetta Genovesi
Clinica Nefrologica, S Gerardo Hospital, University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Hypertension 51:1289-94. 2008..A similar baroreflex impairment is also observed in the prehypertensive state. Baroreflex assessment could furnish additional information in the clinical assessment of pediatric hypertension...
- Mortality, sudden death and indication for cardioverter defibrillator implantation in a dialysis populationSimonetta Genovesi
Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy Department of Health Sciences, University of Milan Bicocca, Italy Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 186:170-7. 2015..The incidence of sudden death among dialysis patients is high, but end stage renal disease was an exclusion criterion in the trials that demonstrated the benefit of implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) for sudden death prevention...
- Atrial fibrillation in end stage renal disease patients: influence of hemodialysis on P wave duration and atrial dimensionS Genovesi
Department of Health Sciences, University of Milano Bicocca and Nephrology Unit San Gerardo Hospital, Via Cadore 48, 20900, Monza MB, Italy
J Nephrol 28:615-21. 2015..Intra-atrial conduction velocity slowing plays an important role in AF onset. The aim of our study was to measure P wave duration (Pwd), expression of intra-atrial conduction velocity, in HD patients with and without a history of AF...
- Cardiovascular complications of calcium supplementation in chronic kidney disease: are there arrhythmic risks?Simonetta Genovesi
University of Milano Bicocca and Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Department of Health Sciences, Via Cadore 48, 20900, Monza, MB, Italy 39 039 2332426 390392332376
Expert Opin Drug Saf 13:1143-8. 2014..Lower calcium levels in the dialysis fluid might reduce the positive calcium balance but can increase intradialytic plasma calcium changes and therefore increase the risk of arrhythmias. ..
- The nephrologist's anticoagulation treatment patterns/regimens in chronic hemodialysis patients with atrial fibrillationSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Health Science, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
J Nephrol 27:187-92. 2014..For these reasons there is no agreement on the use of OAT in HD patients with AF. The aim of this study was to evaluate the criteria adopted by nephrologists in prescribing OAT in HD patients with AF...
- A case series of chronic haemodialysis patients: mortality, sudden death, and QT intervalSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, Monza, Italy
Europace 15:1025-33. 2013..The aim of this cases series was to describe the association of various risk factors with total mortality and sudden cardiac death (SCD) in this population...
- Serum uric acid and blood pressure in children at cardiovascular riskFrancesca Viazzi
University of Genoa and IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino IST Istituto Nazionale per la ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Pediatrics 132:e93-9. 2013..However, the complex interaction between serum uric acid (UA), systemic blood pressure (BP), and possibly confounding factors has been elucidated only in part...
- Focus on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of hypertension in children and adolescentsAmedeo Spagnolo
ISFOL, Istituto per gli Affari Sociali, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:20. 2013..Pharmacological therapy will be needed rarely and only in specific cases...
- Anticoagulants, renal failure and atrial fibrillationSimonetta Genovesi
University of Milano Bicocca and Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, Via Cadore 48, 20900, Monza, Italy 39 0392332376 39 0392332426
Expert Opin Drug Saf 12:1-3. 2013..The advent of new oral anticoagulants raises the important question if patients with severe CRF and ESRD should be excluded or not from this new therapeutic opportunity...
- Insulin resistance, prehypertension, hypertension and blood pressure values in paediatric ageSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca and Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
J Hypertens 30:327-35. 2012....
- [Arterial hypertension in dialysis: up to what point should it be corrected? A lot!]Simonetta Genovesi
Clinica Nefrologica AO S Gerardo Monza e Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
G Ital Nefrol 28:256-60. 2011..It is possible, however, that patients who have more comorbidities may not tolerate, especially during hemodialysis sessions, certain blood pressure levels that are known to be preferable in subjects that are less compromised...
- Results of blood pressure screening in a population of school-aged children in the province of Milan: role of overweightSimonetta Genovesi
DIMEP, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Monza, Italy
J Hypertens 23:493-7. 2005..To study the prevalence of high blood pressure (BP) in an Italian paediatric population, and to verify whether in this population elevated BP values are associated with overweight (OW)...
- Dynamic QT interval analysis in uraemic patients receiving chronic haemodialysisSimonetta Genovesi
DIMEP Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Ospedale di Desio, Desio, Italy
J Hypertens 21:1921-6. 2003..To analyse the duration of the QT interval and its relationship with heart rate changes in patients with uraemia, before and during haemodialysis...
- Prevalence of atrial fibrillation and associated factors in a population of long-term hemodialysis patientsSimonetta Genovesi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica Prevenzione e Biotecnologie Sanitarie, Università degli Studi Milano, Bicocca, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 46:897-902. 2005..Hemodialysis (HD) is associated with cardiovascular structural modifications; moreover, during HD, rapid electrolytic changes occur. Both factors may favor the onset of atrial fibrillation...
- Baroreceptor sensitivity and baroreceptor effectiveness index in cirrhosis: the relevance of hepatic venous pressure gradientSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Liver Int 30:232-9. 2010..Autonomic dysfunction has been reported as one of the complications of cirrhosis...
- Hypertension, prehypertension, and transient elevated blood pressure in children: association with weight excess and waist circumferenceSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Am J Hypertens 23:756-61. 2010..To assess the prevalence of hypertension (H), prehypertension (PH), and transient elevated blood pressure (TH) and their relationship with weight class and waist circumference (WC) in an unselected population of Northern Italian children...
- Maternal perception of excess weight in children: a survey conducted by paediatricians in the province of MilanSimonetta Genovesi
DIMEP Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Acta Paediatr 94:747-52. 2005..To establish whether maternal perception of a child's body weight (BW) and food intake is related to the level of maternal education...
- Differences in heart rate variability during haemodialysis and haemofiltrationSimonetta Genovesi
Clinica Nefrologica Università degli studi di Milano Bicocca Ospedale S Gerardo, Milan, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2256-62. 2007....
- Atrial fibrillation and morbidity and mortality in a cohort of long-term hemodialysis patientsSimonetta Genovesi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 51:255-62. 2008..Atrial fibrillation is associated with increased mortality and hospitalization in the general population. Data about mortality, morbidity, and hospitalization in hemodialysis patients with atrial fibrillation are limited...
- Electrolyte concentration during haemodialysis and QT interval prolongation in uraemic patientsSimonetta Genovesi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20052 Monza, Italy
Europace 10:771-7. 2008..To assess the effect of different combinations of potassium and calcium concentrations on QT interval in the dialysis bath in uraemic patients...
- Usefulness of waist circumference for the identification of childhood hypertensionSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical and Preventive Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
J Hypertens 26:1563-70. 2008..To investigate the ability of BMI and waist circumference, single and combined, in identifying children who are at risk of hypertension and in influencing absolute blood pressure values...
- QT interval prolongation and decreased heart rate variability in cirrhotic patients: relevance of hepatic venous pressure gradient and serum calciumSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, Monza 20052, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 116:851-9. 2009....
- Sudden death and associated factors in a historical cohort of chronic haemodialysis patientsSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2529-36. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the incidence of sudden cardiac death and associated risk factors in a cohort of haemodialysis patients...
- Cardiovascular risk assessment in children: role of physical activity, family history and parental smoking on BMI and blood pressureMarco Giussani
ASL Milano 1, Milan, Italy
J Hypertens 31:983-92. 2013..Aim of the study was to assess the role of family history, physical activity and parental smoking in the prediction of BMI, SBP and hypertension risk in children...
- Adiponectin and hypertension in normal-weight and obese childrenPaolo Brambilla
Azienda Sanitaria Locale ASL Milano 2, Milan, Italy
Am J Hypertens 26:257-64. 2013..The study described here was done to evaluate the interrelationships of AD, blood pressure (BP), obesity, body-fat distribution, puberty, and insulin resistance in a selected group of children...
- High prevalence of hypertension in normal and underweight Indian childrenSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Italy
J Hypertens 29:217-21. 2011....
- Warfarin use, mortality, bleeding and stroke in haemodialysis patients with atrial fibrillationSimonetta Genovesi
Department of Health Science, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 30:491-8. 2015..Oral anticoagulation therapy (OAT) is the choice treatment for thromboembolism prevention in atrial fibrillation (AF), although data about OAT use in haemodialysis (HD) patients with AF are contradictory...
- Influence of left ventricular mass, uremia and hypertension on vagal tachycardic reserveLuca Mircoli
Division of Cardiac Rehabilitation, Seregno Hospital, Azienda Ospedale Civile di Vimercate, Milan, Italy
J Hypertens 21:1547-53. 2003..4 +/- 6.6 years, n = 19) and in patients under chronic hemodialysis (HD) (age 62.6 +/- 13.2 years, n = 30) having wide ranges of LV mass and blood pressure...
- A noninvasive index of atrial remodeling in patients with paroxysmal and persistent atrial fibrillation: a pilot studyAntonio Vincenti
Electrophysiology and Cardiac Pacing Unit, S Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
J Electrocardiol 45:109-15. 2012....
- The role of blood pressure, body weight and fat distribution on left ventricular mass, diastolic function and cardiac geometry in childrenFederico Pieruzzi
aDepartment of Health Sciences, University of Milano Bicocca and Nephrology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital bDepartment Health Sciences, Centre of Biostatistics for Clinical Epidemiology, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza cFamily Paediatrician, Milan, and Gruppo di Studio Ipertensione Società Italiana di Pediatria, Italy
J Hypertens 33:1182-92. 2015..Few studies have analyzed the independent effects of hypertension and weight excess on diastolic function and left ventricular geometry...
- Dipyridamole stress echocardiography in diagnosis and prognosis of hemodialysis patients with asymptomatic coronary diseaseRodolfo F Rivera
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Hemodial Int 15:468-76. 2011..Total survival was associated with age and higher levels of plasma phosphate, while male gender, older age, longer HD duration, and DSE+ were predictors of cardiovascular mortality...
- Effects of exercise training on heart rate and QT interval in healthy young individuals: are there gender differences?Simonetta Genovesi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica Prevenzione e Biotecnologie, University of Milano Bicocca, Sanitarie, Via Cadore 48, 20052 Monza, Italy
Europace 9:55-60. 2007..The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of exercise training on heart rate, QT interval, and on the relation between ventricular repolarization and heart rate in men and women...
- Hypertension and kidney function in an adult population of West Bengal, India: role of body weight, waist circumference, proteinuria and rural area livingMaurizio Gallieni
Nephrology and Dialysis Unit, San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Graduate School of Nephrology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy Project for People, Milan, Italy
Nephrology (Carlton) 18:798-807. 2013..Hypertension (HTN) and chronic kidney disease (CKD) are important emerging problems in low-income countries, with an increasing number of patients dying from their consequences...
- Recurrent intradialytic paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: hypotheses on onset mechanisms based on clinical data and computational analysisAntonio Vincenti
Electrophysiology and Cardiac Pacing Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, 20900 Monza, Italy
Europace 16:396-404. 2014..Starting from these findings, here we review the possible mechanisms leading to intradialytic AF onset. ..