Affiliation: University of Bari
- Links between metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular autonomic dysfunctionG Garruti
Unit of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Andrology and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantations D E T O, University of Bari A Moro, 70124 Bari, Italy
Exp Diabetes Res 2012:615835. 2012..Type 2 diabetes (T2D) might occur within metabolic syndrome (MbS). One of the complications of T2D is an impaired (imp) cardiovascular autonomic function (CAF)...
- Neuroendocrine deregulation of food intake, adipose tissue and the gastrointestinal system in obesity and metabolic syndromeGabriella Garruti
Unit of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantations, University of Bari Medical School, Piazza G Cesare 11, Bari, Italy
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 17:193-8. 2008..Nonetheless, it was recently discovered that a mutation in the prohormone convertase 1/3 simultaneously produces severe gastrointestinal dysfunctions and obesity...
- Adipose tissue, metabolic syndrome and polycystic ovary syndrome: from pathophysiology to treatmentGabriella Garruti
Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation DETO, Section of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
Reprod Biomed Online 19:552-63. 2009..Promising treatments for PCOS seem to be insulin sensitizers such as metformin and glitazones...
- GnRH agonist versus GnRH antagonist in in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer (IVF/ET)Raffaella Depalo
Unit of Physiopathology of Human Reproduction and Gametes Cryopreservation, Department of Gynecology, Obstetric and Neonatolgy, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 10:26. 2012..Future developments have to be focused on timing of the administration of GnRH antagonists, by giving a great attention to new strategies of stimulation in patients in which radio-chemotherapy cycles are needed...
- Oocyte morphological abnormalities in overweight women undergoing in vitro fertilization cyclesRaffaella Depalo
Unit of Pathophysiology of Human Reproduction and Gametes Cryopreservation, Department of Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Neonatology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics Unit A, Ado Moro s University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 27:880-4. 2011..The amount of gonadotrophins was significantly higher in OW group (p = 0.003). These findings suggest that the poor reproductive outcome of obese women is influenced by the release of ova with reduced fertilization potential...
- Expression and secretion of the atrial natriuretic peptide in human adipose tissue and preadipocytesGabriella Garruti
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon 27, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:2181-9. 2007..Since the expression of ANP in adipose tissue has not been documented, we used real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) to investigate the expression of ANP in human adipose tissue and preadipocytes...