Affiliation: University of Catania
- Antipoliovirus activity and mechanism of action of 3-methylthio-5-phenyl-4-isothiazolecarbonitrileA Garozzo
Dipartimento di Scienze Microbiologiche e Ginecologiche, Universita di Catania, Italy
Antiviral Res 88:325-8. 2010..These experiments demonstrated that poliovirus uncoating is influenced by IS-2 action...
- Activity of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil on Influenza virus A/PR/8: study on the mechanism of actionA Garozzo
Department of Microbiological and Gynaecological Sciences, University of Catania, Via Androne 81, 95124 Catania, Italy
Antiviral Res 89:83-8. 2011....
- Isothiazole derivatives as antiviral agentsAdriana Garozzo
Department of Microbiological and Gynaecological Sciences, University of Catania, 95124 Catania, Italy
Antivir Chem Chemother 18:277-83. 2007..The compound was shown to be active against rhinoviruses 2, 39, 86 and 89, Coxsackie B1 and measles virus...
- In vitro antiviral activity of Melaleuca alternifolia essential oilA Garozzo
Department of Microbiological and Gynaecological Sciences, University of Catania, Italy
Lett Appl Microbiol 49:806-8. 2009..To investigate the in vitro antiviral activity of Melaleuca alternifolia essential oil (TTO) and its main components, terpinen-4-ol, alpha-terpinene, gamma-terpinene, p-cymene, terpinolene and alpha-terpineol...
- Obesity-independent association of human adenovirus Ad37 seropositivity with nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseGuglielmo M Trovato
Department of Internal Medicine, Diagnostica e Terapia Medica, Universita di Catania, Catania, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:e46-54. 2012..We investigate whether nondiabetic Ad37+ patients show a different prevalence of NAFLD and ultrasound Bright Liver score...
- Isothiazole derivatives as novel HIV replication inhibitorsChristian C C Cutri
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Antivir Chem Chemother 15:201-5. 2004..6 and 15.2 microg/ml, respectively) and HIV-2 (ROD) (EC50=17.4 and 13.4 microg/ml, respectively)...
- Ad36 adipogenic adenovirus in human non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseGuglielmo M Trovato
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinica di Medicina Interna e Terapia Medica, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Catania, Catania, Italy
Liver Int 30:184-90. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate whether any association or predictor effect of Ad36 seropositivity is present in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), a condition associated with obesity and insulin resistance (IR)...
- Effects on adhesiveness and hydrophobicity of sub-inhibitory concentrations of netilmicinPio Maria Furneri
Dipartimento di Scienze Microbiologiche e Scienze Ginecologiche, Universita di Catania, sez di Microbiologia, Via Androne 81, Catania 95124, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 22:164-7. 2003..Adherence of the two Pseudomonas strains to conjunctival cells was significantly reduced after growth in the presence of netilmicin, while the adherence of the two staphylococci was only slightly reduced...
- In vitro antimycoplasmal activity of Citrus bergamia essential oil and its major componentsPio Maria Furneri
Department of Bio Medical Sciences, Microbiology Section, University of Catania, Via Androne 81, 91524 Catania, Italy
Eur J Med Chem 52:66-9. 2012..fermentans (MIC values of 1%) and M. hominis (both MIC(50) and MIC(90) values of ≥4%). The results indicated that C. bergamia essential oil and its major components had shown an interesting in vitro antimycoplasmal activity...
- Adenovirus-36 seropositivity enhances effects of nutritional intervention on obesity, bright liver, and insulin resistanceGuglielmo M Trovato
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinica di Medicina Interna e Terapia Medica, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Catania, Via Sant Orsola 30, 95131, Catania, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 57:535-44. 2012..Obesity and liver steatosis are both currently attributed to inappropriate lifestyle and nutrition. Higher prevalence of human adenovirus Ad36 seropositivity (Ad36+) is reported only in obesity...