Affiliation: University of Messina
- Risperidone treatment of children with autistic disorder: effectiveness, tolerability, and pharmacokinetic implicationsAntonella Gagliano
University of Messina, Gazzi Messina, Italy
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:39-47. 2004..In particular, risperidone appears to be effective in treating aggressiveness, hyperactivity, irritability, stereotypies, social withdrawal, and lack of interests...
- Neuropsychological deficits in monozygotic twins with childhood epilepsy with occipital paroxysmsAntonella Gagliano
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 29:488-95. 2007..We suggest that epileptic focus may act as an element of disturbance in the development of primary functions and may give rise to a neuropsychological impairment proportionate to the severity of the epileptic activity...
- Restless Leg Syndrome in ADHD children: levetiracetam as a reasonable therapeutic optionAntonella Gagliano
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Department of Pediatrics, University of Messina, Italy
Brain Dev 33:480-6. 2011..These children may represent a subgroup of ADHD patients in which the hyperactivity and attention difficulties might be aggravated by sleep disturbances and by IEDs. LEV could represent a therapeutic option for these comorbid conditions...
- Sleep disorders in children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) recorded overnight by video-polysomnographyRosalia Silvestri
Sleep Medicine Centre, Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatric and Anaesthesiological Sciences, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Sleep Med 10:1132-8. 2009....
- Neuropsychological findings in patients with Unverricht-Lundborg diseaseEdoardo Ferlazzo
IRCCS Centro Neurolesi Bonino Pulejo, Messina, Italy
Epilepsy Behav 14:545-9. 2009..In conclusion, most patients with ULD seem to be impaired with respect to cognitive abilities. Longitudinal prospective studies are needed to confirm and further expand our findings...
- Ictal and interictal EEG abnormalities in ADHD children recorded over night by video-polysomnographyRosalia Silvestri
Sleep Medicine Centre, Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatric and Anaesthesiological Sciences, University of Messina, Italy
Epilepsy Res 75:130-7. 2007..Seizures/IEDs presence seems to play a role on cognitive abilities, conversely sleep disorders have a stronger impact on behavioural rather than cognitive indicators...
- Benign childhood epilepsy with occipital paroxysms: neuropsychological findingsEva Germano
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Messina, Gazzi Messina, Italy
Epilepsy Res 64:137-50. 2005..Supported by other studies that have documented subtle neuropsychological deficits in benign partial epilepsy, we stress the importance of reconsidering its supposed "cognitive benignity", particularly in occipital types...
- Short- and long-term effects on prolactin of risperidone and olanzapine treatments in children and adolescentsGaetana Migliardi
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:1496-501. 2009..Future prolactin studies in children and adolescents taking antipsychotics need to include larger samples with more frequent prolactin measures and long-term plasma concentrations...
- Comorbidity of ADHD and dyslexiaEva Germano
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Pediatric Department of Policlinico G Martino, University of Messina, Gazzi Messina, Italy
Dev Neuropsychol 35:475-93. 2010..The article focuses on the link between RD and ADHD from an epidemiological, genetic, neurofunctional, neuropsychological, and therapeutic perspective and summarizes the characteristics of the comorbid phenotype...
- Pontine Tegmental Cap Dysplasia: developmental and cognitive outcome in three adolescent patientsMarilena Briguglio
Division of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Dept of Medical and Surgical Pediatric Sciences, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Orphanet J Rare Dis 6:36. 2011..These data indicate that PTCD may have a favourable long-term outcome, with borderline cognitive deficit or even normal cognition and partially preserved speech...