Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Gadducci A, Tana R, Cosio S, Fanucchi A, Genazzani A. Molecular target therapies in endometrial cancer: from the basic research to the clinic. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2008;24:239-49 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the signaling transduction pathways that are dysregulated in endometrioid-type endometrial carcinoma and UPSC will allow the development of novel molecular targeted therapies. ..
- Gadducci A, Cosio S, Spirito N, Cionini L. Clear cell carcinoma of the endometrium: a biological and clinical enigma. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:1327-34 pubmed..An adequate molecular characterization of clear cell carcinoma of the endometrium is strongly warranted in order to identify new biological prognostic variables of the disease and to develop novel molecular targeted therapies. ..
- Gadducci A, Spirito N, Baroni E, Tana R, Genazzani A. The fertility-sparing treatment in patients with endometrial atypical hyperplasia and early endometrial cancer: a debated therapeutic option. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2009;25:683-91 pubmed publisher..In any case, the patient should be accurately informed about the relatively high recurrence rates after complete response to hormone treatment and expectations for pregnancy. ..
- Gadducci A, Lanfredini N, Sergiampietri C. Antiangiogenic agents in gynecological cancer: State of art and perspectives of clinical research. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2015;96:113-28 pubmed publisher..Anti-angiogenesis is an interesting target also for recurrent cervical or endometrial cancer, but nowadays the use of anti-angiogenic agents in these malignancies should be reserved to patients enrolled in clinical trials. ..
- Gadducci A, Fabrini M, Lanfredini N, Sergiampietri C. Squamous cell carcinoma of the vagina: natural history, treatment modalities and prognostic factors. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2015;93:211-24 pubmed publisher..High-risk HPV DNA and low MIB-1 index are associated with better clinical outcome. Because of the rarity of this tumor, future multicenter studies would be strongly warranted. ..
- Gadducci A, Di Cristofano C, Zavaglia M, Giusti L, Menicagli M, Cosio S, et al. P53 gene status in patients with advanced serous epithelial ovarian cancer in relation to response to paclitaxel- plus platinum-based chemotherapy and long-term clinical outcome. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:687-93 pubmed..Nevertheless, the comprehensive analysis of p53 genotype, including the SNP codon 72, warrants further investigation in order to envisage individual responsiveness to cancer therapy. ..
- Gadducci A, Gargini A, Palla E, Fanucchi A, Genazzani A. Neutropenic enterocolitis in an advanced epithelial ovarian cancer patient treated with paclitaxel/platinum-based chemotherapy: a case report and review of the literature. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:2509-13 pubmed
- Gadducci A, Cosio S. Surveillance of patients after initial treatment of ovarian cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2009;71:43-52 pubmed publisher..A prospective, randomised trial of therapeutic interventions based on stratification by PET/CT disease status could elucidate the real impact of this diagnostic procedure in the management of patients with recurrent ovarian cancer. ..
- Gadducci A, Fabrini M, Perrone F, Manfredi B, Fanucchi A, Laliscia C, et al. Pattern of failures and clinical outcome of patients with locally advanced cervical cancer treated with a tailored integrated therapeutic approach. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:3731-5 pubmed..The identification of biological variables able to predict response to NACT is strongly warranted for an accurate selection of patients who may really benefit from chemosurgical treatment. ..
- Gadducci A, Cosio S, Tana R, Genazzani A. Serum and tissue biomarkers as predictive and prognostic variables in epithelial ovarian cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2009;69:12-27 pubmed publisher..A next future microarray technology will hopefully offer interesting perspectives of translational research for the identification of novel predictive and prognostic biomarkers for epithelial ovarian cancer. ..
- Gadducci A, Barsotti C, Cosio S, Domenici L, Riccardo Genazzani A. Smoking habit, immune suppression, oral contraceptive use, and hormone replacement therapy use and cervical carcinogenesis: a review of the literature. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2011;27:597-604 pubmed publisher..Experimental data have shown that estradiol and progesterone can modulate the host immune response to HPV16. Prophylactic vaccination in conjunction with cervical screening is the best prevention strategy for cervical cancer. ..
- Gadducci A. Prognostic factors in uterine sarcoma. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2011;25:783-95 pubmed publisher..Immunomarkers for cell proliferation and apoptosis have been tested for the identification of tumours with different clinical behaviour, but they are still subject to research and are not currently used in clinical practice. ..
- Gadducci A, Cionini L, Romanini A, Fanucchi A, Genazzani A. Old and new perspectives in the management of high-risk, locally advanced or recurrent, and metastatic vulvar cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2006;60:227-41 pubmed..The drugs used for chemotherapy of metastatic melanomas or sarcomas of the vulva are the same employed for the melanomas or sarcomas developed in other sites...
- Gadducci A, Guerrieri M, Greco C. Tissue biomarkers as prognostic variables of cervical cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2013;86:104-29 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the assessment of different types of TIL and their ligands in tumor biopsies could enable the identification of a subset of high-risk patients, paving the way to novel immune therapies aimed at blocking T-reg cell activity. ..
- Gadducci A, Cosio S, Muraca S, Genazzani A. The management of malignant nondysgerminomatous ovarian germ cell tumors. Anticancer Res. 2003;23:1827-36 pubmed..In conclusion, the current therapeutic strategies are able to save the large majority of patients with nondysgerminomatous ovarian germ cell tumors and to preserve their reproductive potential. ..
- Gadducci A, Landoni F, Sartori E, Maggino T, Zola P, Gabriele A, et al. Analysis of treatment failures and survival of patients with fallopian tube carcinoma: a cooperation task force (CTF) study. Gynecol Oncol. 2001;81:150-9 pubmed..The objective of this retrospective multicenter study was to assess the pattern of failures and survival of patients with primary carcinoma of the fallopian tube...