Pier Maria Furlan
Affiliation: University of Turin
- Four-year follow-up of long-stay patients settled in the community after closure of Italy's psychiatric hospitalsPier Maria Furlan
Department of Mental Health, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, University of Turin, ASL TO3, 10 Regione Gonzole, Orbassano Torino 10043, Italy
Psychiatr Serv 60:1198-202. 2009..Compulsory resettlement, implemented by community-based practitioners, provided an opportunity to determine whether it could be considered positive for all patients...
- Presence and significant determinants of cognitive impairment in a large sample of patients with multiple sclerosisMartina Borghi
Department of Mental Health, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital Medical School, University of Turin, ASL TO3, Orbassano, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e69820. 2013..To investigate the presence and the nature of cognitive impairment in a large sample of patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and to identify clinical and demographic determinants of cognitive impairment in MS...
- Prevalence and significant determinants of post-traumatic stress disorder in a large sample of patients with multiple sclerosisLuca Ostacoli
Department of Mental Health, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital Medical School, University of Turin, ASL TO3, Regione Gonzole 10, 10043, Orbassano, TO, Italy
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 20:240-6. 2013..Further research on the psychological features of neurodegenerative diseases is urgently needed in order to plan appropriate treatments and improve patients' quality of life...
- Personality disorders among patients accessing alcohol detoxification treatment: prevalence and gender differencesRocco L Picci
Department of Mental Health, University of Torino San Luigi Gonzaga, Orbassano TO, Italy
Compr Psychiatry 53:355-63. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate PDs in a sample of patients accessing inpatient alcohol detoxification treatment and to describe gender differences in prevalence and comorbidity of PDs...
- Restless legs syndrome as a cause of sleep disturbances in cancer patients receiving chemotherapyAndrea Saini
Medical Oncology, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Torino, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Orbassano, Italy
J Pain Symptom Manage 46:56-64. 2013..Sleep disturbances are frequent in cancer patients during chemotherapy; the contributory role of restless legs syndrome (RLS) in this setting has never been assessed...
- Comparison of experienced burnout symptoms in specialist oncology nurses working in hospital oncology units or in hospicesLuca Ostacoli
Department of Mental Health, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital Medical School, The University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Palliat Support Care 8:427-32. 2010..This study aimed to clarify the differential contributions of situational and individual factors to burnout symptoms experienced by two independent groups of specialist oncology nurses working in oncology hospital units or in hospices...