Affiliation: University of Chieti
- Modification of the functional capacity of sarcoplasmic reticulum membranes in patients suffering from chronic fatigue syndromeStefania Fulle
Laboratorio Interuniversitario di Miologia, Universita G D Annunzio, Nuovo Polo Didattico, 66013 Chieti Scalo, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 13:479-84. 2003..In fact, both deregulation of pump activities (Na(+)/K(+) and Ca(2+)-ATPase) and alteration in the opening status of ryanodine channels may result from increased membrane fluidity involving sarcoplasmic reticulum membranes...
- Molecular basis of the myogenic profile of aged human skeletal muscle satellite cells during differentiationTiziana Pietrangelo
BAMS Dip Scienze Mediche di Base ed Applicate, Centro Studi Invecchiamento, Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, Universita G D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini 29, Chieti Pescara, Italy
Exp Gerontol 44:523-31. 2009....
- Specific correlations between muscle oxidative stress and chronic fatigue syndrome: a working hypothesisStefania Fulle
Ce S I Center for Research on Ageing, Universita G D Annunzio, Chieti Pescara, Italy
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 28:355-62. 2007....
- Evaluation of indices of skeletal muscle contraction in areas of referred hyperalgesia from an artificial ureteric stone in ratsMaria Adele Giamberardino
Department of Medicine and Science of Aging, G D Annunzio University of, Chieti, Italy
Neurosci Lett 338:213-6. 2003..02). The results indicate a state of contraction in the hyperalgesic muscle, whose extent correlates to the algogenic activity of the ureteral stone...
- Effects of local vibrations on skeletal muscle trophism in elderly people: mechanical, cellular, and molecular eventsTiziana Pietrangelo
Dipartimento Scienze Mediche di Base ed Applicate, University G D Annunzio Chieti Pescara, I 66013 Chieti, Italy
Int J Mol Med 24:503-12. 2009....
- Extracellular guanosine-5'-triphosphate modulates myogenesis via intermediate Ca(2+)-activated K+ currents in C2C12 mouse cellsTiziana Pietrangelo
Dipartimento Scienze del Farmaco, Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, Ce S I Centro di Scienze dell Invecchiamento University G d Annunzio Foundation, Via dei Vestini, I 66013 Chieti, Italy
J Physiol 572:721-33. 2006..These data give new insights into nucleotide purinergic signalling pathways, and address the role of the GTP-dependent IK(Ca) channel activation and hyperpolarization in myogenesis...
- Tiny percutaneous needle biopsy: An efficient method for studying cellular and molecular aspects of skeletal muscle in humansTiziana Pietrangelo
Department of Neurosciences and Imaging, University G D Annunzio Chieti Pescara, Via dei Vestini 29, I 66013 Chieti, Italy
Int J Mol Med 27:361-7. 2011..We suggest that TPNB should also be used in the study of muscle diseases and disorders including muscular dystrophy, congenital myopathy, and metabolic defects...
- Age-dependent imbalance of the antioxidative system in human satellite cellsStefania Fulle
Dip Scienze del Farmaco, Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, Ce S I Centro Studi sull Invecchiamento, Nuovo Polo Didattico, Basamento Pal B, Universita G D Annunzio, I 66013 Chieti, Italy
Exp Gerontol 40:189-97. 2005..This status is derived from a decrease in the antioxidative capacity, and may negatively affect the ageing satellite cells ability to repair muscle...
- Progressive disorganization of the excitation-contraction coupling apparatus in aging human skeletal muscle as revealed by electron microscopy: a possible role in the decline of muscle performanceSimona Boncompagni
CeSI, Centro Scienze dell'Invecchiamento, , Chieti, CH I-66013, Italy
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 61:995-1008. 2006..These data indicate that in aging humans the EC coupling apparatus undergoes a partial disarrangement and a spatial reorganization that could interfere with an efficient delivery of Ca(2+) ions to the contractile proteins...
- The contribution of reactive oxygen species to sarcopenia and muscle ageingStefania Fulle
Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, , Nuovo Polo Didattico Pal. B, Via dei Vestini 29, Chieti I-66013, Italy
Exp Gerontol 39:17-24. 2004....
- Characterization of specific GTP binding sites in C2C12 mouse skeletal muscle cellsTiziana Pietrangelo
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, , Chieti, Italy
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 23:107-18. 2002..These results suggest a possible role of the high affinity GTP binding site in early stage of development of skeletal muscle...
- Muscle actin isoforms are differentially expressed in human satellite cells isolated from donors of different agesHovirag Lancioni
Dip Biologia Cellulare e Ambientale, Universita di Perugia, Via Pascoli 1, I 6123 Perugia, Italy
Cell Biol Int 31:180-5. 2007..These results are discussed in relation to the myogenic differentiation capability of HSC during human muscle senescence...
- The excitation-contraction coupling on C2C12 skeletal muscle myotubes was modulated by NO-donor ester of gemfibrozilCristina Maccallini
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco, Università degli Studi G d Annunzio Chieti Pescara, Via dei Vestini, 29, I 66013 Chieti, Italy
Nitric Oxide 18:168-75. 2008..To obtain this goal we decided to study some of the excitation-contraction mechanisms in the presence of NO-releasing derivative of gemfibrozil in skeletal muscle C2C12 cell line...
- Low molecular weight phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase from PC12 cells. Purification, some properties and expression during neurogenesis in vitro and in vivoLivia Lucentini
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e Molecolare, , Via Pascoli, I-06123 Perugia, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 35:1378-87. 2003..These data indicate that the neurogenesis process is accompanied by a physiological increment of LMW-PTP expression in vitro and in vivo...