Affiliation: University of Genoa
- Food as trigger and aggravating factor of migraineCinzia Finocchi
Department of Neurosciences, Ophtalmology and Genetics, University of Genova, Largo Daneo 3, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Neurol Sci 33:S77-80. 2012..The biological mechanism by means of triggers in general and food in particular precipitate migraine attacks remains obscure...
- Sex-related differences in migraineCinzia Finocchi
Department of Neurosciences, Rehabilitation, Ophthalmology, Genetics and Maternal Childhood Sciences, University of Genova, Largo Daneo 3, 16132, Genoa, Italy
Neurol Sci 35:207-13. 2014..Finally, we evaluate the many gender-related questions about treatment of migraine in women. In future research data should be analyzed separately for men and women to ensure that differences between the sexes could be identified. ..
- Opioids can be useful in the treatment of headacheCinzia Finocchi
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Riabilitazione, Oftalmologia, Genetica e Scienze Materno Infantili, University of Genova, Largo Daneo 3, 16132 Genova, Italy
Neurol Sci 34:S119-24. 2013..The results coming from small clinical series are described, suggesting that in expert hands daily long-acting opioids provide an option for the treatment of some individuals with chronic intractable headaches...
- Female reproductive steroids and neuronal excitabilityC Finocchi
Department of Neurosciences, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genova, Genoa, Italy
Neurol Sci 32:S31-5. 2011....
- Therapeutic strategies in migraine patients with mood and anxiety disorders: clinical evidenceCinzia Finocchi
Department of Neurological Sciences, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genova, Genoa, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:S95-8. 2010..Vagal nerve stimulation may be an option in patients with refractory chronic migraine and depression...
- Cluster headache and right-to-left shunt on contrast transcranial Doppler: a case-control studyC Finocchi
Department of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genova, Via De Toni, 5, 16132 Genova, Italy
Neurology 63:1309-10. 2004..The diagnosis of shunt was made by means of transcranial Doppler with contrast medium. A shunt was found in 17 CH patients (42.5%) and in 7 controls (17.5%) (p = 0.029; OR = 3.48; 95% CI = 1.13 to 10.69)...
- Stroke due to atrial fibrillation and the attitude to prescribing anticoagulant prevention in Italy. A prospective study of a consecutive stroke population admitted to a comprehensive stroke unitC Gandolfo
Stroke Unit, Dept of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicin, University of Genoa, Italy, Via De Toni 5, 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Neurol 255:796-802. 2008..Several studies have reported that oral anticoagulant prophylaxis (OAC) is under-used in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- White matter lesions in migraine and right-to-left shunt: a conventional and diffusion MRI studyM Del Sette
Department of Neurosciences, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
Cephalalgia 28:376-82. 2008..There was no significant difference in the total volume and number of WMLs in the group with and without RILES. In conclusion, RILES does not increase the likelihood of finding WMLs in migraineurs...
- Absence of hemispheric dominance for mental rotation ability: a transcranial Doppler studyC Serrati
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche e della Visione, Universita di Genova, Italy
Cortex 36:415-25. 2000....
- External carotid artery shunting during carotid endarterectomy: an alternative for cerebral protection?P Belardi
Section of Vascular Surgery and Department of Neurological Science and Neurological Rehabilitation, University of Genova, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 8, 16132 Genova, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 22:306-9. 2001..to assess the application of external carotid artery (ECA) shunting in cerebral protection during carotid endarterectomy (CEA)...
- Fabry disease in patients with migraine with auraBeatrice Albano
Department of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genova, Genoa, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:S167-9. 2010....
- Right-to-left shunt does not increase white matter lesion load in migraine with aura patientsA Adami
Stroke Center, Neurology Department, Ospedale Sacro Cuore, via Sempreboni 6, 37024 Negrar Verona, Italy
Neurology 71:101-7. 2008..Migraine with aura (MA+) is associated with an increased frequency of right-to-left shunt (RLS) mostly due to patent foramen ovale. The relationship between WML load and RLS in MA+ is currently unknown...