Gentile Francesco Ficetola
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Genetic diversity, but not hatching success, is jointly affected by postglacial colonization and isolation in the threatened frog, Rana latasteiGentile Francesco Ficetola
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, V Celoria 26, 20133 Milano, Italy
Mol Ecol 16:1787-97. 2007..It is possible that selection at least partially purged the negative effects of the ancestral loss of genetic diversity...
- Amplified fragment length homoplasy: in silico analysis for model and non-model speciesMargot Paris
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, CNRS UMR 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, BP 53, 38041 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
BMC Genomics 11:287. 2010..Geneticists can take advantage of the growing number of full genome sequences available for model species to study AFLP homoplasy and to predict it in non-model species...
- Population genetics reveals origin and number of founders in a biological invasionGentile Francesco Ficetola
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, UMR CNRS 5553, Universite de Savoie, 73376 Le Bourget du Lac cedex, France
Mol Ecol 17:773-82. 2008..This capability of invasion from a very small number of propagules challenges usual management strategies; species with such ability should be identified at an early stage of introduction...
- Species detection using environmental DNA from water samplesGentile Francesco Ficetola
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, CNRS UMR 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Biol Lett 4:423-5. 2008..Combined with massive sequencing and the development of DNA barcodes that enable species identification, this approach opens new perspectives for the assessment of current biodiversity from environmental samples...
- Influence of landscape elements in riparian buffers on the conservation of semiaquatic amphibiansGentile Francesco Ficetola
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milano, Italy
Conserv Biol 23:114-23. 2009..Nevertheless, a shift of attention toward the management of different elements at multiple spatial scales is necessary for the long-term persistence of populations...
- An in silico approach for the evaluation of DNA barcodesGentile Francesco Ficetola
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, CNRS UMR 5553, Universite Joseph Fourier, BP 53, F 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
BMC Genomics 11:434. 2010..As expected, longer barcodes had a better resolution than shorter ones, which are however more convenient for ecological studies analysing environmental samples...
- Variation in genotoxic stress tolerance among frog populations exposed to UV and pollutant gradientsOlivier Marquis
Laboratoire d Ecologie Alpine, UMR CNRS 5553, Universite de Savoie, Technolac, Le Bourget du Lac, France
Aquat Toxicol 95:152-61. 2009....