Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Directed and motivated attention during processing of natural scenesVera Ferrari
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 USA
J Cogn Neurosci 20:1753-61. 2008....
- Repetitive exposure: brain and reflex measures of emotion and attentionVera Ferrari
Center for the Study of Emotion and Attention, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Psychophysiology 48:515-22. 2011..Taken together, the data suggest that the amplitude of the late positive potential during picture viewing reflects both motivational significance and attention allocation...
- Detecting novelty and significanceVera Ferrari
University of Florida, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 22:404-11. 2010..The data support an interpretation that the N2 reflects perceptual fluency and is attenuated when a current stimulus matches an active memory representation and that the amplitude of the P3 reflects stimulus meaning and significance...
- A spatiotemporal filtering methodology for single-trial ERP component estimationRuijiang Li
Computational NeuroEngineering Laboratory, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 56:83-92. 2009..The spatial filter may be interpreted as a noise canceller in the spatial domain. Study with both simulated data and real cognitive ERP data shows the effectiveness of the proposed method...
- Repetitive picture processing: autonomic and cortical correlatesMaurizio Codispoti
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Brain Res 1068:213-20. 2006..These findings suggest that while stimulus detection and categorization, reflected in the LPP, is mandatory, autonomic modulation reflects initial orienting responses that habituate rapidly...
- Repetition and event-related potentials: distinguishing early and late processes in affective picture perceptionMaurizio Codispoti
University of Bologna, Italy
J Cogn Neurosci 19:577-86. 2007....
- Implicit and explicit categorization of natural scenesMaurizio Codispoti
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Viale Berti Pichat, 5 40127 Bologna, Italy
Prog Brain Res 156:53-65. 2006..Although early and late ERP components vary with stimulus relevance, given that they are differentially affected by stimulus and task manipulations, they appear to index different facets of picture processing...
- The categorization of natural scenes: brain attention networks revealed by dense sensor ERPsMaurizio Codispoti
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Italy
Neuroimage 32:583-91. 2006..These findings suggest that selective attention to category-relevant features reflects the interactions between prefrontal and inferior temporal cortex during visual processing of natural scenes...
- Imaging distributed and massed repetitions of natural scenes: Spontaneous retrieval and maintenanceMargaret M Bradley
Center for the Study of Emotion and Attention, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 36:1381-92. 2015..These processing differences may mediate the classic spacing effect in learning and memory. Hum Brain Mapp 36:1381-1392, 2015. © 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Robust single-trial ERP estimation based on spatiotemporal filteringRuijiang Li
Computational NeuroEngineering Lab, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5206-9. 2007..Study with real cognitive ERP data shows the robustness of the method with reduced estimation variance...