Affiliation: Department Ingrassia University of Catania
Location: Catania, Italy
Prof. Margherita Anna Letizia Ferrante, Medical Director in Operating Unity of University Hospital Policlinic-V.E. of Catania, Associated Professor of General and Applied Hygiene near the Anatomy, Biology and Genetic, Forensic Medicine, Neurosciences, Diagnostic Pathology, Hygiene and Public Health Department of The Catania University (ex Hygiene and Preventive Medicine Institute) that frequent since 1978, graduated in Biological Sciences and also in Medicine and Surgery, and specialized in General Pathology and in Hygiene and Preventive Medicine. Since 1980 she has collaborated to the development, before, and performed in an autonomous way, then, cycles of practices and seminaries of lessons in several Degree and Diploma Courses and in the School of Specialization in Hygiene and Preventive Medicine of Catania University. She was member of numerous examining committees to the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery and of Political Sciences of Catania. She was the techer of several lessons at ISEF detached section of Catania, at Schools of Social Assistants in various provinces in Sicily, and at University Diploma and Degree Courses of the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Political Science at the Catania University. Currently plays the teaching of "Hygiene" at Integrated Course Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Hygiene and Infectious Diseases at the CDL in Nursing and Midwifery, at I.C. Prevention Sciences to C.L. Neurophisiopathology Techniques and at Integrated Course Hygiene and Human Sciences of Degree Course in Biomedical Laboratory Technician and OF
From 1985 Member of the S.It.I. (Italian Society of Hygiene)
From 1996 Secretary of Degree in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques
From 2002 Expert ECM (National Continuing Medical Education)
From 2002 Member of the Doctoral School in Biotechnology
From 2002 Secretary of the School of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Catania.
From 2006 Member of ISEE, IWA, EUPHA, IUHPE
From 2007 Auditor for quality management systems (Certy Quality-Milan)
From 2008 Member of the Regional Directors(sites Sicily)of the S.It.I. (Italian Society of Hygiene)
From 2008 Member of Italian Study Group of Hospital Infections (GISIO)of S.It.I.
From 2009 Member of the study group
1) Biondi M., Marranzano M., Allegra A., Di Fazio G., Faro G., FERRANTE M. Micobatteri atipici isolati dal suolo e dalle acque. Annali Sclavo, 1982, 24, 496-502-E009381 - issn: 0003-472X
2) Sciacca S., Fallico R., D
- Shooshtarian M, Dehghani M, Margherita F, Gea O, Mortezazadeh S. Land use change and conversion effects on ground water quality trends: An integration of land change modeler in GIS and a new Ground Water Quality Index developed by fuzzy multi-criteria group decision-making models. Food Chem Toxicol. 2018;114:204-214 pubmed publisher..Hence, the methodology could be used in urban development planning and management in macro level. ..
- Khaniabadi Y, Daryanoosh S, Hopke P, Ferrante M, De Marco A, Sicard P, et al. Acute myocardial infarction and COPD attributed to ambient SO2 in Iran. Environ Res. 2017;156:683-687 pubmed publisher..A decreased risk for MIs and COPD attributable to SO2 could be achieved if mitigation strategies and measures are implemented to reduce the exposure. ..
- Derakhshan Z, Oliveri Conti G, Heydari A, Hosseini M, Mohajeri F, Gheisari H, et al. Survey on the effects of electron beam irradiation on chemical quality and sensory properties on quail meat. Food Chem Toxicol. 2018;112:416-420 pubmed publisher..5 and 3â€¯kGy to extend the meat shelf life and preserve the quality/health of the quail meat. ..