Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Rorschach measures during depth hypnosis and suggestion of a previous lifeStefano Ferracuti
Department of Psychiatric Sciences and Psychological Medicine, University of Rome, La Sapienza, Italy
Percept Mot Skills 95:877-85. 2002..Rorschach variables during hypnotic trance remained almost unchanged from baseline. These results indicate that the Rorschach poorly reflects hypnotic trance...
- Ritual homicide during dissociative trance disorderStefano Ferracuti
Dipartimento di Scienze Psichiatriche e Medicina Psicologica, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma, Italy
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 48:59-64. 2004..In the 5-year follow-up, no other episodes of DTD developed, and the man is serving an 18-year sentence...
- Relationships among Eysenck's extraversion, Rorschach's Erlebnistypus, and tolerance of experimental tonic pain (Cold Water Pressor Test)Stefano Ferracuti
Department of Psychiatric Sciences and Psychological Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza, P le Aldo Moro 5, 00185, Rome
Percept Mot Skills 100:237-48. 2005..These personality features did not influence how subjects qualitatively describe the immediate painful experience...
- Symptom correlates of facial emotion recognition impairment in schizophreniaAnna Comparelli
Unit of Psychiatry, NESMOS Department Neurosciences, Mental Health and Sense Organs, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Psychopathology 47:65-70. 2014..The purpose of the present study was to examine the relationship between emotion recognition performance and symptoms in a group of patients with schizophrenia spectrum disorders...
- Occupational stress and psychopathology in health professionals: an explorative study with the multiple indicators multiple causes (MIMIC) model approachPaolo Iliceto
Department of Neurosciences, Mental Health and Sensory Organs, Suicide Prevention Center, Department of Psychiatry, Sant Andrea Hospital, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Stress 16:143-52. 2013..Occupational stress is in a complex relationship with temperament and hopelessness and also common among healthcare professionals...
- Shibari: double hanging during consensual sexual asphyxiaPaolo Roma
NESMOS Department Neurosciences Mental Health and Sensory Organs Sapienza, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, University of Rome, Level 3, Room 113, Via di Grottarossa, Sant Andrea Hospital 1035 1039, 00189, Rome, Italy
Arch Sex Behav 42:895-900. 2013..Further case studies of living participants in such games are likely to shed light on this practice and facilitate treatment. ..
- Preventing suicide in jails and prisons: suggestions from experience with psychiatric inpatientsMaurizio Pompili
McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Forensic Sci 54:1155-62. 2009....
- Temperament and personality dimensions in suicidal and nonsuicidal psychiatric inpatientsMaurizio Pompili
Department of Psychiatry, Sant Andrea Hospital, La Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Psychopathology 41:313-21. 2008..Suicide is a serious public health problem. In the international literature there is evidence to support the notion that certain temperaments and personality traits are often associated with suicidal behavior...
- Suicide risk and personality traits in physically and/or sexually abused acute psychiatric inpatients: a preliminary studyMaurizio Pompili
Department of Psychiatry Sant Andrea Hospital, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Psychol Rep 105:554-68. 2009..Results suggest that clinicians who identify suicide attempts and suicidal tendencies among patients should routinely be assessed for sexual or physical abuse...
- [Patients with mood disorders admitted for a suicide attempt to an emergency ward]Maurizio Pompili
Sant Andrea Hospital, Dept of Psychiatry, Roma, Italy
Neuropsychiatr 24:56-63. 2010..The aim of the study was to assess risk factors associated with suicidal behaviour in adult patients suffering from major mood disorders (MD) and admitted to a hospital emergency department (ED)...
- Relationships between psychopathological variables and insight in psychosis risk syndrome and first-episode and multiepisode schizophreniaAnna Comparelli
Unit of Psychiatry, Sapienza University of Rome, School of Medicine and Psychology, NESMOS Department Neurosciences, Mental Health and Sense Organs, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Nerv Ment Dis 201:229-33. 2013..Anxiety and depression may be associated with increased insight in patients with chronic schizophrenia...
- Mental illness in homicide-suicide: a reviewPaolo Roma
NESMOS, Sapienza University of Rome, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa, 1035 1039, Rome, Italy
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 40:462-8. 2012..This review, therefore, indicated that mental illness plays an important role in H-S. The prevention of these events depends on the identification and treatment of psychiatric disorder in potential perpetrators...
- Effectiveness of short-term olanzapine in patients with bipolar I disorder, with or without comorbidity with substance use disorderGabriele Sani
NESMOS Department Neuroscience, Mental Health, and Sensory Organs, School of Medicine and Psychology, Sapienza University, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Clin Psychopharmacol 33:231-5. 2013..We assessed the efficacy of olanzapine in manic or mixed BD patients, with (SUD) or without (N-SUD) comorbidity with substance use disorder (SUD) and its effect on drug abuse, days of abuse, and craving...
- Assessment of the capacity to express informed consent for organ donation in patients with schizophreniaMaria Civita De Marco
Department of Neurosciences, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
J Forensic Sci 55:669-76. 2010....
- The long-term effects of extreme war-related trauma on the second generation of Holocaust survivorsSarah Gangi
Department of Psychiatric Sciences and Clinical Psychology, University of Rome, Sapienza, Italy
Violence Vict 24:687-700. 2009..These data partially confirm previous research on the topic, although the level of psychological distress seems to be lower in the Italian sample than in other samples of second-generation Holocaust survivors...