Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Swallowing disorders: proposal of a method for forensic medicine assessmentB Fattori
Chair of Audiology and Phoniatrics, Department of Neurosciences, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 27:129-33. 2007..Herewith, an evaluation table, dividing oro-pharyngo-oesophageal dysphagia into five, progressively serious classes, is proposed...
- Possible association between thyroid autoimmunity and Menière's diseaseB Fattori
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 152:28-32. 2008..These findings suggest that it should be useful to submit MD patients to multi-disciplinary clinical investigation...
- Clinical applications of oro-pharyngo-oesophageal scintigraphy in the study of dysphagiaB Fattori
Department of Neurosciences, Audiology and Phoniatric Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Pisana, Pisa, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 27:192-9. 2007..In this study, the role of oro-pharyngo-oesophageal scintigraphy has been analysed in patients with post-surgical, neurological and oesophageal dysphagia...
- Posturographic analysis in patients with dysfunctional dysphonia before and after speech therapy/rehabilitation treatmentA Nacci
ENT Audiology Phoniatrics Unit, Department of Neurosciences, University of Pisa, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 32:115-21. 2012..Static stabilometry is a fundamental test for demonstrating basal postural alterations and for evaluating improvement after rehabilitation...
- Fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES): proposal for informed consentA Nacci
Chair of Audiology and Phoniatrics, Department of Neurosciences, Pisa University, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 28:206-11. 2008..In this report, a specific form for informed consent to FEES procedures, is proposed...
- The use and role of the Ambulatory Phonation Monitor (APM) in voice assessmentA Nacci
ENT, Audiology and Phoniatric Unit, Department of Neurosciences, University of Pisa, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 33:49-55. 2013..We also discuss our experience with the device in groups of euphonic and dysphonic elementary school teachers...
- Vestibular and stabilometric findings in whiplash injury and minor head traumaA Nacci
ENT, Audiology and Phoniatrics Unit, Department of Neurosciences, University of Pisa, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 31:378-89. 2011....
- Paradoxical vocal cord dysfunction: clinical experience and personal considerationsA Nacci
Department of Neurosciences, Audiology and Phoniatric Unit, Pisa University, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 27:248-54. 2007..Our results with speech therapy, focused on respiratory and speech retraining, are reported...
- Sudden hypoacusis treated with hyperbaric oxygen therapy: a controlled studyB Fattori
ENT Clinic, Department of Neurosciences, University of Pisa, Via Savi No 10, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Ear Nose Throat J 80:655-60. 2001..Based on our findings, coupled with the fact that oxygen therapy is well tolerated and produces no side effects, we conclude that HOT should be considered the preferred treatment for patients with sudden hypoacusis...
- Antibodies to inner ear antigens in Meniere's diseaseL Riente
Rheumatology Unit, ENT Unit, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 135:159-63. 2004..Even if the latter is true, they may contribute to the perpetuation of the disease or play a role as a cofactor in association with other mechanisms...
- Inflammatory mediators and eosinophilia in atopic and non-atopic patients with nasal polyposisM C Scavuzzo
Dipartimento di Morfologia Umana e Biologia Applicata, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 59:323-9. 2005..7 vs. 605.5 pg/ml+/-481.1; P < 0.015). These findings suggest that inflammation still remains the major factor in the etiology of nasal polyposis and show different levels of inflammatory mediators into atopic and non-atopic patients...
- Distribution of 3-nitrotyrosine in the nasal polyps of atopic patientsR Ruffoli
Dipartimento di Morfologia Umana e Biologia Applicata, Unità di Allergologia ed Immunologia Clinica, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Pisa, Italy
Laryngoscope 114:118-25. 2004..To investigate whether formation of nitrotyrosine in the nasal polyps of atopic patients occurs...
- Cytokine secretion in nasal mucus of normal subjects and patients with allergic rhinitisM C Scavuzzo
Dipartimento di Morfologia Umana e Biologia Applicata, Universita di Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 57:366-71. 2003....
- Contribution of cerebellum and brainstem in the control of eye movement: evidence from a functional study in a clinical modelR Ceravolo
Department of Neuroscience, Neurology Section, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Acta Neurol Scand 105:32-9. 2002....
- Hemostatic alterations in patients with acute, unilateral vestibular paresisB Fattori
Department of Neuroscience, ENT Unit, University of Pisa, Italy
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 124:401-7. 2001..We consequently looked for possible hemostasis alterations in a group of patients with APV of an unknown nature...
- Kartagener's syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis: an unusual associationL Riente
University of Pisa, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 20:282-4. 2001..Given the small number of patients in whom an association of the two disorders has been described, it is impossible to establish whether KS might play a role in the pathogenesis of RA...
- Analysis of voice in patients with untreated active acromegalyF Bogazzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 33:178-85. 2010..Voice changes are common clinical findings of acromegaly, although scanty data are available so far...
- Modifications of muscle synergies and spinal maps due to absence of visual feedback in patients with unilateral vestibular diseaseV Monaco
BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Piazza Martiri della Libertà 33, Pisa, Italy
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:3608-11. 2012..Results revealed that the muscle synergies are able to document an increased activity of sensory-motor afferences leading a more intense role of the forward based mechanism underlying balance control in vestibular patients...
- Positron emission tomography (PET) in the staging of head neck cancer: comparison between PET and CTP Bruschini
2nd Otorhinolaryngology Division, Azienda Ospedaliera Pisana, Pisa, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 23:446-53. 2003..Indications of positron emission tomography-fluorodesoxy-glucose may play a role in the choice of therapeutic options for the clinically N0 neck...
- Alternobaric oxygen therapy in long-term treatment of Ménière's diseaseB Fattori
Department of Neurosciences, E N T Unit, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Undersea Hyperb Med 29:260-70. 2002..The results support the use of ABOT as a valid alternative to drugs in the long-term treatment of Ménière's disease...
- [Oxygen therapy in the long term treatment of Meniere's disease]B Fattori
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Clinica ORL,
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 21:1-9. 2001..The results of the present work show that HOT, and in particular AOT, offer a valid alternative to drugs in the treatment of MÃ©niÃ¨re's disease...