Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Personality and the effects of acute alcohol intake. A contingent negative variation study in healthy subjectsFrancesco Fattapposta
Department of Neurology and Otolaryngology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Funct Neurol 19:25-30. 2004..05) (long ISI condition). In the LS group, only a longer RT was observed in the long ISI condition. CNV modifications point to an individual, apparently personality-related, threshold of sensitivity to different alcohol levels...
- Early diagnosis in cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL): the role of MRIFrancesco Fattapposta
Department of Neurology and Otolaryngology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Funct Neurol 19:239-42. 2004..Moreover, these findings suggest that genetic screening is warranted in the presence of a suspect clinical history with specific MRI abnormalities...
- Gilles de la Tourette syndrome and voluntary movement: a functional MRI studyFrancesco Fattapposta
Department of Neurology and Otolaryngology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale dell Universita 30, 00185 Rome, Italy
Psychiatry Res 138:269-72. 2005..Moreover, the absence of tics during the execution of these voluntary motor tasks suggests that tic activity may be suppressed by additional mental effort...
- Preprogramming motor dysfunction in paroxysmal kinesigenic choreoathetosisFrancesco Fattapposta
Department of Neurology and Otolaryngology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Funct Neurol 18:29-34. 2003..Both a clinical improvement and normalization of motor-related electrophysiological anomalies were observed during phenobarbital (PB) therapy...
- L-dopa effects on preprogramming and control activity in a skilled motor act in Parkinson's diseaseF Fattapposta
Istituto di Clinica delle Malattie Nervose e Mentali, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Viale dell Universita, 30, 00185, Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 113:243-53. 2002....
- Psychophysiological approach in Parkinson's disease: L-dopa effects on preprogramming and control activityF Fattapposta
Clinical Institute of Nervous and Mental Diseases, La Sapienza University, Viale dell Universita 30, I 00185 Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 23:S73-4. 2002..Dopaminergic drug administration seems to restore their ability to use more automatic motor strategies which become more similar to that of normal subjects...
- Preprogramming and control activity of bimanual self-paced motor task in Parkinson's diseaseF Fattapposta
Istituto di Clinica delle Malattie Nervose e Mentali, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Viale dell Universita 30, 00185, Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 111:873-83. 2000..The authors investigated programming (Bereitschaftspotential or BP) and control activity (Skilled Performance Positivity or SPP) of a bimanual, sequential, skilled motor act in off-therapy Parkinson's disease (PD) patients...
- Estimation of the conduction velocity of sympathetic sudomotor C fibres in healthy subjects: study of sympathetic skin reflexL Parisi
Institute of Nervous and Mental Diseases, II Neurological Clinic, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Funct Neurol 16:231-7. 2001....
- Visual electrophysiological responses in subjects with cerebral autosomal arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL)V Parisi
Cattedra di Clinica Oculistica, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 111:1582-8. 2000..To evaluate visual electrophysiological responses in subjects with cerebral autosomal arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL)...
- Abnormal head nociceptive withdrawal reaction to facial nociceptive stimuli in Parkinson's diseaseA Perrotta
Dipartimento di Neurologia e Otorinolaringoiatria, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Viale dell Universita 30, 00185 Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 116:2091-8. 2005..Trigemino-cervical-spinal reflexes (TCSRs) are complex brainstem stereotyped nociceptive responses involved in a defensive withdrawal reaction of the head from facial nociceptive stimuli...
- Attention in essential tremor: evidence from event-related potentialsC Pauletti
Department of Sensorial Organs, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale dell Universita 30, 00185 Rome, Italy
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 120:1061-8. 2013..This multitask psychophysiological approach reveals the presence of a peculiar attentional deficit in patients with ET, thus expanding the clinical features of this disease...
- Reduction of optic nerve fiber layer thickness in CADASILV Parisi
G B Bietti Eye Foundation IRCCS, Department of Neurophysiology of Vision and Neurophthalmology, Rome, Italy
Eur J Neurol 14:627-31. 2007..This morphological abnormality could be ascribed to an impairment of the retinal vascular supply leading to a global neuroretinal involvement. These anatomical changes may precede the onset of the neurological clinical manifestations...
- Psychophysiological aspects of voluntary skilled movement after stroke: a follow-up studyF Fattapposta
Department of Neurology and ORL, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Arch Ital Biol 146:147-63. 2008..The study was also aimed at detecting any longitudinal changes in the psychophysiological pattern, as evaluated by the clinical examination and specific motility scales, that parallel motor recovery...
- Morphological and functional retinal impairment in Alzheimer's disease patientsV Parisi
Clinica Oculistica Università di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 112:1860-7. 2001....
- Muscular cramps: proposals for a new classificationL Parisi
Dipartimento di Neurologia Clinica, Otorinolaringoiatria, Riabilitazione Motoria, Sensoria e dei Disturbi della Comunicazione, Universita degli Studi di Roma, La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Acta Neurol Scand 107:176-86. 2003..The purpose of the present study is to propose a simple classification to provide a framework to better recognize the full spectrum of phenomenology of muscle cramps...
- Mismatch Negativity in essential tremor: role of age at onset in pre-attentive auditory discriminationC Pauletti
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale dell Universita 30, 00185 Rome, Italy Electronic address
Clin Neurophysiol 125:708-14. 2014..To investigate whether pre-attentive auditory discrimination is impaired in patients with essential tremor (ET) and to evaluate the role of age at onset in this function...
- L-Dopa decreases cutaneous nociceptive inhibition of motor activity in Parkinson's diseaseM Serrao
Istituto di Clinica delle Malattie Nervose e Mentali, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Italy
Acta Neurol Scand 105:196-201. 2002..To estimate changes in motor inhibitory mechanisms at the spinal level in Parkinson's disease (PD) patients by measuring cutaneous silent responses to nociceptive stimuli in the course of L-Dopa therapy...
- Early visual function impairment in CADASILV Parisi
Clinica Oculistica Università Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Neurology 60:2008-10. 2003..An early vascular retinal impairment in CADASIL may precede the onset of clinical manifestations...
- Sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease without dementia at onset: clinical features, laboratory tests and sequential diffusion MRI (in an autopsy-proven case)F Pauri
Department of Neurology and ORL, Universita La Sapienza, Via G A Pasquale 11, I 00156 Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 25:234-7. 2004..We describe a case of autopsy-proven sCJD, with an unusual clinical course without dementia as a presenting symptom and discuss the role of diffusion MRI and laboratory tests in making an early diagnosis...
- Reversible diffusion MRI abnormalities and transient mutism after liver transplantationF Bianco
Department of Neurology, Neuroradiology Unit, General Surgery and Transplantation, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Neurology 62:981-3. 2004..These MRI abnormalities may be caused by acute edema, possibly a combination of cytotoxic and vasogenic edema, which resolved with a prompt change in therapy...
- Visualization of evolving status epilepticus with diffusion and perfusion MR imagingValentina Calistri
Department of Neurological Sciences, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:671-3. 2003..We report a case in which serial diffusion and perfusion MR imaging allowed monitoring of the changes in hemodynamic and cell membrane permeability until the resolution of clinical and electrical epileptic activity...
- A chemical shift imaging study on regional metabolite distribution in a CADASIL familyMaria Antonietta Macrì
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Patologia, Universita La Sapienza, 00185 Roma, Italy
Magn Reson Imaging 24:443-7. 2006....