Affiliation: University of Padova
- Oxidative DNA damage in circulating leukocytes occurs as an early event in chronic HCV infectionF Farinati
Cattedra Malattie Apparato Digerente, Istituto di Medicina Interna, Universita di Padova, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 27:1284-91. 1999..This injury increases the risk of genomic damage and may be one of the important factors involved in the carcinogenic process in cases of HCV-related chronic liver disease...
- How should patients with hepatocellular carcinoma be staged? Validation of a new prognostic systemF Farinati
Cattedra Malattie Apparato Digerente, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche Università di Padova, Italy
Cancer 89:2266-73. 2000....
- Imbalance between cytoproliferation and apoptosis in hepatitis C virus related chronic liver diseaseF Farinati
Sezione di Gastroenterologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Universita di Bologna, Italy
J Viral Hepat 8:34-40. 2001..APO and MIB1 are directly related to the extent of liver damage and, from a biochemical point of view, to tissue iron levels...
- Does the choice of treatment influence survival of patients with small hepatocellular carcinoma in compensated cirrhosis?F Farinati
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia Sezione di Gastroenterologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Policlinico Universitario, Padova, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:1217-24. 2001..Untreated patients with small, single hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in compensated cirrhosis are characterized by a relatively good prognosis...
- Hepatitis C virus: from oxygen free radicals to hepatocellular carcinomaF Farinati
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Sezione di Gastroenterologia, Policlinico Universitario, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
J Viral Hepat 14:821-9. 2007....
- DNA oxidative damage in leukocytes correlates with the severity of HCV-related liver disease: validation in an open population studyR Cardin
Dipartimento Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologie, Sezione di Gastroenterologia, Policlinico Universitario, Padova, Italy
J Hepatol 34:587-92. 2001..This genomic damage may contribute to liver carcinogenesis by causing persistent DNA changes...
- Percutaneous radiofrequency thermal ablation for hepatocellular carcinomaA Baldan
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, , Padova, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:1495-501. 2006....
- Sorafenib in advanced hepatocellular carcinomaJosep M Llovet
Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Group, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Centro de Investigaciones en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas Hospital Clínic Barcelona, Barcelona
N Engl J Med 359:378-90. 2008..A preliminary study suggested that sorafenib, an oral multikinase inhibitor of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor, the platelet-derived growth factor receptor, and Raf may be effective in hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Complications of radiofrequency thermal ablation in hepatocellular carcinoma: what about "explosive" spread?C Angonese
Gut 55:435-6. 2006
- Gemcitabine and liposomal doxorubicin in biliary and hepatic carcinoma (HCC) chemotherapy: preliminary results and review of the literatureD Pastorelli
O U C Medical Oncology, Busonera Hospital 1 floor, National Oncology Institute of Veneto, IOV IRCCS, Padua, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:v153-7. 2006..Systemic chemotherapy in hepatocellular carcinoma represents a palliative treatment. Gemcitabine in combination with Liposomal Doxorubicin (LD) may represent an active treatment option...
- Intention-to-treat analysis of liver transplantation in selected, aggressively treated HCC patients exceeding the Milan criteriaU Cillo
Unità di Chirurgia Epatobiliare e Trapianto Epatico, Dipartimento di Chirurgia Generale e Trapianti d Organo, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Italy
Am J Transplant 7:972-81. 2007..None of the 68 transplanted patients had recurrent HCC after a median 16-month follow-up (0-69 months). In conclusion, LT may be effective for selected, aggressively-treated HCC patients exceeding the Milan criteria...
- Squamous cell carcinoma antigen in human liver carcinogenesisM Guido
Department of Diagnostic Medical Sciences and Special Therapies, Universitè degli Studi di Padova, Italy
J Clin Pathol 61:445-7. 2008..Squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCCA) is a serine protease inhibitor that can be overexpressed in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) at both molecular and protein level, but no data are available on its expression in pre-malignant stages...
- Experimental hepatology applied to stem cellsP Burra
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 40:54-61. 2008..The fact that numerous specialties were represented helped the audience to understand the stem cell research area from different standpoints, and what research has achieved so far...
- Fas / FasL system, IL-1beta expression and apoptosis in chronic HBV and HCV liver diseaseM Bortolami
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Viral Hepat 15:515-22. 2008....
- Extended lymphadenectomy (D2) in patients with early gastric cancerD Nitti
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:875-81. 2005..To investigate the survival benefit of extended lymphadenectomy (D2) in EGC patients in one European Institution...
- Microsatellite instability and gastric non-invasive neoplasia in a high risk population in Cesena, ItalyM Rugge
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, I 35121 Padova, Italy
J Clin Pathol 58:805-10. 2005..In this retrospective cross sectional study, microsatellite instability (MSI) was analysed in a consecutive series of NiN and NiN related histological alterations from a northern Italian region at high risk for gastric cancer...
- Digestive neuroendocrine tumours: diagnosis and treatment in Italy. A survey by the Oncology Study Section of the Italian Society of Gastroenterology (SIGE)V D Corleto
Chair of Gastroenterology, II Faculty of Medicine, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 33:217-21. 2001..Surgery plays a major role in the treatment of these tumours in all centres. Overall, in only a small number of patients was a multidisciplinary approach applied...
- Cytokine, infiltrating macrophage and T cell-mediated response to development of primary and secondary human liver cancerM Bortolami
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 34:794-801. 2002....
- The long term outcome of gastric non-invasive neoplasiaM Rugge
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, III Cattedra di Anatomia Patologica, Università degli Studi di Padova Azienda Ospedale Padova, Italia
Gut 52:1111-6. 2003..This prospective long term follow up study investigates the clinicopathological behaviour of non-invasive gastric neoplasia (and related lesions), focusing on the cancer risk associated with each different histological phenotype...
- HCV histological recurrence and survival following liver transplantation in patients with and without hepatocellular carcinomaE De Martin
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, Gastroenterology, Padova University, Padova, Italy
Transplant Proc 40:1974-5. 2008..HCV recurrence after LT is universal. This study evaluated HCV recurrence and survival in patients transplanted for HCV and HCC...
- Atrophic gastritis: pathology and endoscopy in the reversibility assessmentM Rugge
Gut 52:1387-8. 2003
- Gastric precancerous lesion follow up based on pathological evidenceM Cassaro
J Clin Pathol 57:1007-8. 2004
- A reappraisal of the Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer model: natural history of untreated 'intermediate stage' hepatocellular carcinomaF Farinati
J Intern Med 256:529-30; author reply 531. 2004
- Tumour staging, morphology and p53 overexpression concur in predicting survival in hepatocellular carcinomaS Gianni
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, Padua University School of Medicine, 35128 Padova, Italy
J Intern Med 257:367-73. 2005....
- The Veneto Region's Barrett's Oesophagus Registry: aims, methods, preliminary resultsG Zaninotto
Department of General Surgery and Organ Transplantation, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:18-25. 2007..A Barrett's Oeosphagus Registry has been therefore established in the Veneto Region and neighbouring provinces...
- Pathology and cost effectiveness of endoscopy surveillance for premalignant gastric lesionsM Rugge
Gut 52:453-4. 2003
- Tamoxifen in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma: 5-year results of the CLIP-1 multicentre randomised controlled trialF Perrone
CLIP secretariat, Ufficio Sperimentazioni Cliniche Controllate, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Mariano Semmola, Napoli, 80131, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 8:1013-9. 2002..control. Here we report an updated analysis of the study results 4.5 years after the closure of enrollment...
- Octreotide and hepatocellular carcinomaF Farinati
Br J Cancer 96:1778-9. 2007