Affiliation: University of Sassari
- Usefulness of magnetic resonance in patients with invasive cancer eligible for breast conservation: a comparative studyAlessandro Fancellu
Unit of General Surgery II, Clinica Chirurgica, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy Electronic address
Clin Breast Cancer 14:114-21. 2014..The role of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in newly detected breast cancer remains controversial. We investigated the impact of preoperative MRI on surgical management of infiltrating breast carcinoma (IBC)...
- Sentinel node biopsy in early breast cancer: lessons learned from more than 1000 cases at a single institutionAlessandro Fancellu
Clinical Surgery Unit, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Tumori 98:413-20. 2012..The aims of this paper are to report the development of sentinel node biopsy (SNB) in breast cancer at a single institution and to discuss the relevant issues on SNB still to be elucidated...
- [Primary aortoenteric fistula. Report of a case]A Fancellu
Universita di Sassari, Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica Generale e Terapia Chirurgica
Ann Ital Chir 75:373-7. 2004..The authors present a successfully treated case and stress the importance of clinical suspicion in order to achieve correct diagnosis and treatment...
- A rare variant of gallstone ileus: Bouveret's syndromeAlessandro Fancellu
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinica Chirurgica, University of Sassari, Vle San Pietro 43, 07100 Sassari, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 14:753-5. 2010..A recently observed case led us to review the literature, with the aim to discuss the recent advances in the management of this rare syndrome...
- Meta-analysis of trials comparing minimally-invasive and open liver resections for hepatocellular carcinomaAlessandro Fancellu
Department of Surgery Institute of Clinica Chirurgica, University of Sassari, SS, Italy
J Surg Res 171:e33-45. 2011..However, previous reports have been limited by small sample size and single-institution design...
- Three cases of cardiac hydatidosis: diagnosis, surgical treatment, and complicationsA Porcu
Departments of General Surgery 1st di Clinica Chirurgica, University of Sassari, Italy
Int Surg 86:127-31. 2001..The importance of early diagnosis and treatment of this rare localization of Echinococcus granulosus is emphasized, and echocardiography is recommended even for nonspecific cardiac symptoms in areas where the parasite is endemic...