Affiliation: University of Padova
- Acupuncture versus valproic acid in the prophylaxis of migraine without aura: a prospective controlled studyE Facco
Cattedra di Anestesiologia Generale e Speciale Odontostomatologica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Scienze Neurologiche, Psichiatriche, Sensoriali, Ricostruttive E Riabilitative, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 79:634-42. 2013..The pharmacologic treatment of migraine still remains below the expectations. The aim of this study is to compare the effectiveness of traditional acupuncture and valproic acid in migraine prophylaxis...
- Effects of hypnotic focused analgesia on dental pain thresholdEnrico Facco
Department of Medico Surgical Specialities, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, Padua, Italy
Int J Clin Exp Hypn 59:454-68. 2011..During hypnosis, the pain threshold increased significantly (p < .0001) for both sides. The posthypnotic right pain threshold was also significantly (p < .0015) higher than in the basal condition...
- Toward the validation of visual analogue scale for anxietyE Facco
Department of Medico Surgical Specialities, Padova, Italy
Anesth Prog 58:8-13. 2011..VAS-A can be used effectively in the assessment of dental patients, using the values of 5.1 cm and 7.0 cm as cutoff values for anxiety and phobia, respectively...
- Role of short latency evoked potentials in the diagnosis of brain deathEnrico Facco
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology E Meneghetti, University of Padua, Via C Battisti 267, 35121 Padua, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 113:1855-66. 2002..The aim of this study is to confirm the effectiveness of auditory brain-stem responses (ABRs) and somatosensory evoked potentials (SEPs) in the diagnosis of brain death (BD)...
- Italian version of Corah's Dental Anxiety Scale: normative data in patients undergoing oral surgery and relationship with the ASA physical status classificationEnrico Facco
Department of Medico Surgical Specialties Section Dentistry, University of Padua, Italy
Anesth Prog 55:109-15. 2008..Five hundred two patients were rated as ASA-PS class P1, 502 as ASA-PS class P2, and 68 as ASA-PS class P3, with a mean DAS score of 9.69, 10.78, and 11.09, respectively: the DAS difference between groups was significant (P< .001)...
- Myofascial pain mimicking radicular syndromesE Facco
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Acta Neurochir Suppl 92:147-50. 2005..The reason for this topographical dependence of diagnosis lies in the conventional attitude to focus on the most relevant and frequent organic diseases, thus introducing a bias with relevant epistemological implications...
- Neurophysiological correlates of post-hypnotic alexia: a controlled study with Stroop testEdoardo Casiglia
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani, 2, I 35128 Padova, Italy
Am J Clin Hypn 52:219-33. 2010..Posthypnotic alexia is therefore a real and measurable phenomenon, capable of reducing the color-word interference and the haemodynamic effects of the Stroop test...
- Myotonia congenita and regional anaesthesia with peripheral nerve stimulation: a case reportG Zanette
Section of General and Special Anaesthesiology, Department of Medico Surgical Specialties, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 73:529-31. 2007..In any case, the anaesthesia plan should be prudent and avoid exposure to known dangerous anaesthetics...
- 99mTc-HMPAO SPECT in the diagnosis of brain deathE Facco
Dept of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Padua, Italy
Intensive Care Med 24:911-7. 1998..To evaluate the effectiveness of single proton emission tomography (SPECT) with 99mTc-HMPAO in the diagnosis of brain death (BD)...
- Relationship between central venous pressure and bioimpedance vector analysis in critically ill patientsA Piccoli
Institute of Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Padova, Italy
Crit Care Med 28:132-7. 2000..To assess the relationship between central venous pressure values and bioelectrical impedance vector analysis (BIVA), which may be used as complementary methods in the bedside monitoring of fluid status...
- Auditory and somatosensory evoked potentials in coma following spontaneous cerebral hemorrhage: early prognosis and outcomeE Facco
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Padua, Italy
Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol 107:332-8. 1998..Our results confirm the prognostic effectiveness of short latency evoked potentials in cerebral hemorrhage: they are far superior to clinical data, being able to yield a marked decrease of falsely optimistic predictions...
- Measured outcomes with hypnosis as an experimental tool in a cardiovascular physiology laboratoryEdoardo Casiglia
Department of Medicine, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Int J Clin Exp Hypn 60:241-61. 2012..The article details their results and provides guidelines for researchers interested in replicating their research on hypnosis' effect on the cardiovascular system...
- Comparison between ketamine and fentanyl-droperidol for rectal premedication in children: a randomized placebo controlled trialGastone Zanette
Department of Medico Surgical Specialties, Chair of General and Dental Anaesthesiology, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35100, Padua, Italy
J Anesth 24:197-203. 2010..This randomized placebo-controlled study was designed to evaluate two premedicants, ketamine versus a combination of fentanyl-droperidol, rectally administered, in pediatric surgical outpatients...
- Evoked potentials in the diagnosis of brain deathEnrico Facco
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University of Padua, Italy
Adv Exp Med Biol 550:175-87. 2004
- Confirmatory tests in the diagnosis of brain death: comparison between SPECT and contrast angiographyMarina Munari
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Padua, Padova, Italy
Crit Care Med 33:2068-73. 2005..99m)Tc-HMPAO SPECT provides noninvasive, multiplanar imaging of brain tissue perfusion. The aim of this study was to check the reliability of SPECT compared with contrast angiography...
- Electronic dental anaesthesia for third inferior molar surgeryG Zanette
Course of General and Special Odontostomatological Anaesthesia, Unit of Dentistry, Department of Medico Surgical Specialties, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 56:267-79. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of Electronic Dental Anaesthesia (EDA) for third molar surgery...
- Successful use of the new high-dose mannitol treatment in patients with Glasgow Coma Scale scores of 3 and bilateral abnormal pupillary widening: a randomized trialJulio Cruz
The Comprehensive International Center for Neuroemergencies and Federal University of São Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Neurosurg 100:376-83. 2004....