Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Breast cancer prognostic classification in the molecular era: the role of histological gradeEmad A Rakha
Department of Histopathology, Nottingham City Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham University, Nottingham, UK
Breast Cancer Res 12:207. 2010....
- Epitheliosis, infiltrating epitheliosis, and radial scarVincenzo Eusebi
Department of Pathology M Malpighi, Bellaria Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Semin Diagn Pathol 27:5-12. 2010..Therefore, whatever name is used among the several found in the literature, it should be made clear they are not interchangeable when reporting on lesions like IE and RS...
- Classifications and prognosis of breast cancer: from morphology to molecular taxonomyVincenzo Eusebi
Sezione Anatomia Istologia e Citologia Patologica Marcello Malpighi, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italia
Breast J 16:S15-6. 2010..The advantages and disadvantages of the recent molecular classifications are discussed...
- Gene expression profiling in glioblastoma and immunohistochemical evaluation of IGFBP-2 and CDC20Gianluca Marucci
Section of Pathology, Bellaria Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 453:599-609. 2008....
- p63 short isoforms are found in invasive carcinomas only and not in benign breast conditionsDario de Biase
Department of Haematology and Oncological Sciences L and A Seragnoli, Section of Anatomic Pathology at Bellaria Hospital, University of Bologna, Via Altura 3, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 456:395-401. 2010..These isoforms were not observed in non-neoplastic breast tissue. Presence of p63 in invasive breast carcinomas of luminal type, as seen at molecular level, suggests caution to include p63 as a marker of basal-like carcinomas...
- Genetic similarities and differences between lobular in situ neoplasia (LN) and invasive lobular carcinoma of the breastLuca Morandi
Section of Pathology, Department of Oncology, University of Bologna, Ospedale Bellaria, Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 449:14-23. 2006..Seven of these cases appeared also clonal with CGH array. It is concluded that in the present series, LN and ILC are genetically related lesions in the majority of cases and that LN might be the precursor of ILC...
- Extracutaneous Merkel cell carcinomas harbor polyomavirus DNADario de Biase
Department of Hematology and Oncological Sciences L and A Seràgnoli, Section of Anatomic Pathology at Bellaria Hospital, University of Bologna, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Hum Pathol 43:980-5. 2012..This is further evidence that Merkel cell carcinomas are a multiorgan carcinoma and that Merkel cell polyomavirus might play a role in the pathogenesis of this neoplasm...
- The impact of large sections and 3D technique on the study of lobular in situ and invasive carcinoma of the breastMaria P Foschini
Section of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Bologna, Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 448:256-61. 2006..3D sections are useful in understanding the architecture of specific lesions...
- The impact of large sections on the study of in situ and invasive duct carcinoma of the breastMaria P Foschini
Section of Pathology, Bellaria Hospital, University of Bologna, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Hum Pathol 38:1736-43. 2007..In 66.6% of the cases, DCIS foci were found within the invasive areas, indicating a more than fortuitous occurrence (2-sided P=.0357)...
- Rare (new) entities of the breast and medullary carcinomaMaria P Foschini
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Bellaria Hospital, University of Bologna, Italy
Pathology 41:48-56. 2009..Here some of these tumours are described, in which the authors have most familiarity. An outline of medullary carcinoma is also presented...
- Thyroid-like metastases to the scalp from a papillary renal cell carcinoma: a case reportAnna Lisa Tosi
Section of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Hematology and Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, University of Bologna, Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Tumori 98:79e-81e. 2012..We report a case of metastatic renal cell carcinoma to the scalp in a 73-year-old man with features very similar to those of thyroid papillary carcinoma. The histogenesis in relation to its structure is discussed...
- Oncocytic carcinoma of the breast: frequency, morphology and follow-upMoira Ragazzi
Department of Haematology and Oncological Sciences L and A Seragnoli, Section of Anatomic Pathology at Bellaria Hospital, University of Bologna, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Hum Pathol 42:166-75. 2011..Clinical features and overall survival of oncocytic carcinomas are not distinctive because they are similar to those of the other cases when matched for grade and stage...
- The value of large sections in surgical pathologyMaria P Foschini
Department of Biomedical and Neuro Motor Sciences, Section of Anatomic Pathology, University of Bologna, M Malpighi, at Bellaria Hospital, Via Altura 3, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Int J Breast Cancer 2012:785947. 2012..The purpose of the present paper is to review the historical background and the basis of the applications of LS in surgical pathology, with special emphasis on breast tumours...
- Synovial sarcoma involving the median nerve: a case reportAnna Lisa Tosi
University of Bologna, Bellaria Hospital, Section of Anatomic Pathology M Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Turk Patoloji Derg 28:266-9. 2012..The differential diagnosis from similar tumors is discussed...
- Trisomy of chromosome 6 in Merkel cell carcinoma within lymph nodesFrancesco Vasuri
Section of Anatomic and Cytopathology, University of Bologna, M Malpighi, Ospedale Bellaria, Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 452:559-63. 2008..Whether lymph nodal MCCs are primary tumors or metastases from regressed skin lesions is still questionable, although several findings indicate a primary origin...
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma resembling a thyroid follicular neoplasmAdele Fornelli
Sezione Anatomia, Istologia e Citologia Patologica M Malpighi, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 456:339-42. 2010..This case can be added to the list of extrathyroid primary tumours that resemble thyroid neoplasms...
- Sources of error and interpretation of plaque morphology by optical coherence tomographyOlivia Manfrini
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Cardioangiologia, Epatologia, University of Bologna, Italy
Am J Cardiol 98:156-9. 2006..OCT may easily recognize relatively stable lesions...
- Lobular carcinoma of the breast with hybrid myoepithelial and secretory ("myosecretory") cell differentiationMarina Del Vecchio
Section of Histopathology and Cytopathology, University of Bologna at Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1530-6. 2005..Cells with hybrid features probably indicate that myoepithelial and secretory cells are strictly related and the existence of a stem cell, at least for these cases, is not necessary...
- Polymorphous adenocarcinoma of the breast. Report of three casesSofia Asioli
Section of Pathology, Department of Oncology, University of Bologna, Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 448:29-34. 2006..To our knowledge, PLA has never been reported in the breast; therefore, this tumour should be added to the list of neoplastic lesions of the breasts that have the same features as those of the salivary glands...
- Nasal seromucinous hamartoma (microglandular adenosis of the nose): a morphological and molecular study of five casesAndrea Ambrosini-Spaltro
Sezione di Anatomia Istologia e Citologia Patologica Marcello Malpighi, Dipartimento di Oncologia ed Ematologia, Universita di Bologna, Ospedale Bellaria, Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 457:727-34. 2010..It is concluded that nasal seromucinous hamartomas are benign glandular proliferations that may resemble microglandular adenosis of the breast. Their distinction from benign and malignant mimics is discussed...
- Toker cells are probably precursors of Paget cell carcinoma: a morphological and ultrastructural descriptionGianluca Marucci
Section of Pathology, Department of Oncology, University of Bologna, Bellaria Hospital, Via Altura, 3, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 441:117-23. 2002....
- Intraepidermal cells of Paget's carcinoma of the breast can be genetically different from those of the underlying carcinomaLuca Morandi
Department of Oncology, Section of Pathology, University of Bologna, Ospedale Bellaria, Italy
Hum Pathol 34:1321-30. 2003..Consequently, the underlying tumors are coincidental neoplastic lesions (collision tumors)...
- Tumors of the breast showing dual differentiation: a reviewMarina Del Vecchio
Section of Histopathology and Cytopathology, University of Bologna at Ospedale Bellaria, Bologna, Italy
Int J Surg Pathol 12:345-50. 2004
- Images in pathology: low-grade intraductal mammary carcinomaVincenzo Eusebi
Department of Pathology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Int J Surg Pathol 10:57. 2002
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the breastLuca Di Tommaso
Dipartimento di Scienze Oncologiche, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, , Ospedale Bellaria, Via Altura 3, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Virchows Arch 444:13-9. 2004..It was found that there are more similarities than differences between MEC of the breast and of salivary glands...