Affiliation: University of Padova
- Complementary techniques: laser capture microdissection--increasing specificity of gene expression profiling of cancer specimensGiovanni Esposito
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Via Gattamelata 64, Italy
Adv Exp Med Biol 593:54-65. 2007..This chapter describes the characteristics of the most widely utilized laser microdissection systems and their current applications...
- A paclitaxel-hyaluronan bioconjugate targeting ovarian cancer affords a potent in vivo therapeutic activityAlessandra Banzato
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Via Gattamelata 64, I 35128 Padua, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:3598-606. 2008..This study was designed to evaluate the pharmacologic and biological properties of a paclitaxel-hyaluronan bioconjugate (ONCOFID-P) against IGROV-1 and OVCAR-3 human ovarian cancer xenografts following i.p. administration...
- Notch3 signalling promotes tumour growth in colorectal cancerValentina Serafin
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, 35128 Padova, Italy
J Pathol 224:448-60. 2011..Altogether, these findings indicate that Notch3 can modulate the tumourigenic properties of CRC cells and contributes to sustained Notch activity in DLL4-expressing tumours...
- Establishment and characterization of xenografts and cancer cell cultures derived from BRCA1 -/- epithelial ovarian cancersStefano Indraccolo
Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Padova, Italy
Eur J Cancer 42:1475-83. 2006..The PD-OVCA1 and PD-OVCA2 ovarian cancer cell lines will provide a valuable tool for new experimental models for the study of BRCA1-associated tumour biology...
- HYTAD1-p20: a new paclitaxel-hyaluronic acid hydrosoluble bioconjugate for treatment of superficial bladder cancerAntonio Rosato
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, Oncology Section, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Urol Oncol 24:207-15. 2006..To report the development of a new water-soluble paclitaxel-hyaluronic acid bioconjugate, HYTAD1-p20, for intravesical treatment of superficial bladder cancer...
- Interruption of tumor dormancy by a transient angiogenic burst within the tumor microenvironmentStefano Indraccolo
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, 35128 Padova, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4216-21. 2006..These findings may emphasize that tumor angiogenesis is a process requiring a higher amount of angiogenic factors for its induction than maintenance...
- Interferon-alpha gene therapy by lentiviral vectors contrasts ovarian cancer growth through angiogenesis inhibitionStefano Indraccolo
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Hum Gene Ther 16:957-70. 2005....
- Gene transfer in ovarian cancer cells: a comparison between retroviral and lentiviral vectorsStefano Indraccolo
IST Viral and Molecular Oncology Section, Padova, Italy
Cancer Res 62:6099-107. 2002..These findings indicate that lentiviral vectors deserve attention in the design of future gene therapy approaches to ovarian cancer aimed at achieving long-term expression of therapeutic genes...
- Interferon-alpha counteracts the angiogenic switch and reduces tumor cell proliferation in a spontaneous model of prostatic cancerLuca Persano
Oncology Section, Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova I 35128, Italy
Carcinogenesis 30:851-60. 2009..Since the angiogenic switch also marks progression of human prostatic cancer, these results highlight the potential of angiogenesis inhibitors for the development of chemoprevention strategies in high-risk individuals...
- Hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha inactivation unveils a link between tumor cell metabolism and hypoxia-induced cell deathElena Favaro
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, Oncology Section, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Am J Pathol 173:1186-201. 2008....
- Differential regulation of hypoxia-induced CXCR4 triggering during B-cell development and lymphomagenesisErich Piovan
Oncology Section, Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Cancer Res 67:8605-14. 2007..The unresponsiveness of GC-derived lymphomatous B cells to CXCR4 triggering under hypoxia may have implications for the development and pathogenesis of GC-derived lymphoid tumors...
- Decreased expression and promoter methylation of the menin tumor suppressor in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaIlaria Cavallari
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Via Gattamelata 64, Padova 35128, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:383-96. 2009..These findings represent the first evidence that the MEN1 gene is a target of mutation and methylation in PDAC and that menin influences the cell cycle profile of duct cells...
- Relationship between tumor and plasma levels of hTERT mRNA in patients with colorectal cancer: implications for monitoring of neoplastic diseaseLiliana Terrin
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, Section of Oncology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:7444-51. 2008..Expression of telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) is essential to the oncogenic process and might be used as a molecular marker of neoplastic disease...
- In situ analysis of human menin in normal and neoplastic pancreatic tissues: evidence for differential expression in exocrine and endocrine cellsIlaria Cavallari
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, I 35128 Padova, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3893-901. 2003..This report thus provides the first description of the expression pattern of menin in human pancreas in situ and lays the groundwork for further studies of other tissues and tumors...
- Efficient and cell specific knock-down of gene function in targeted C. elegans neuronsGiovanni Esposito
Istituto di Genetica e Biofisica, A Buzzati Traverso, CNR, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Gene 395:170-6. 2007....
- Encapsulated cells producing retroviral vectors for in vivo gene transferRobert M Saller
Institute of Molecular Virology, GSF Research Centre for Environment and Health, Oberschleissheim, Germany
J Gene Med 4:150-60. 2002..To circumvent this problem, retroviral vector packaging cells that permanently produce recombinant retroviral vector particles have been encapsulated...
- Metastatic transcriptional pattern revealed by gene expression profiling in primary colorectal carcinomaAntonello D'Arrigo
Research and Innovation Company, Padova, Italy
Int J Cancer 115:256-62. 2005....
- Unexpected structural and functional consequences of the R33Q homozygous mutation in cardiac calsequestrin: a complex arrhythmogenic cascade in a knock in mouse modelNicoletta Rizzi
Molecular Cardiology, IRCCS Maugeri Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Circ Res 103:298-306. 2008....
- Association between MDM2-SNP309 and age at colorectal cancer diagnosis according to p53 mutation statusChiara Menin
IST Genova, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova and Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Padova, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:285-8. 2006..0 years, 95% confidence interval = 1.0 to 16.0 years; P = .03 [two-sided Wilcoxon rank sum test]). Our data indicate that MDM2-SNP309 is a modifier of the age at colorectal cancer onset for patients whose tumors have a wild-type p53 gene...
- Signalling pathways in the nitric oxide donor-induced dopamine release in the striatum of freely moving rats: evidence that exogenous nitric oxide promotes Ca2+ entry through store-operated channelsGaia Rocchitta
Department of Pharmacology, University of Sassari, viale S Pietro 43B, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Brain Res 1023:243-52. 2004....
- Identification of genes selectively regulated by IFNs in endothelial cellsStefano Indraccolo
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Via Gattemelata 64, I 35128 Padua, Italy
J Immunol 178:1122-35. 2007..Moreover, we suggest that quantitative differences in the magnitude of the transcriptional activation of IFN-responsive genes could form the basis for cell-specific transcriptional signatures...