Affiliation: University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Role of immune responsiveness and DNA repair capacity genes in ageingGino Doria
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
Ageing Res Rev 3:143-51. 2004..This finding helps to elucidate questions related to the impairment of DNA repair during ageing...
- DNA damage recognition and repair capacities in human naïve and memory T cells from peripheral blood of young and elderly subjectsSalvatore Scarpaci
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Laboratory of Immunology, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133, Rome, Italy
Mech Ageing Dev 124:517-24. 2003..These findings may account for the higher genomic stability and longer lifespan of nai;ve as compared to memory human T cells from young subjects...
- APC activation by IFN-alpha decreases regulatory T cell and enhances Th cell functionsLuigia Pace
Immunology Laboratory, Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 184:5969-79. 2010..Altogether, these findings indicate that through a direct effect on APC activation and by affecting CD4(+)CD25(+) Treg cell-mediated suppression, IFN-alpha sustains and drives CD4(+)CD25(-) Th cell activation...
- Cutting edge: IL-4-induced protection of CD4+CD25- Th cells from CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cell-mediated suppressionLuigia Pace
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
J Immunol 176:3900-4. 2006..These findings support an essential role of IL-4 signaling for CD4(+)CD25(-) Th cell activation and indicate that IL-4-induced proliferation of CD4(+)CD25(+) Treg cells is compatible with their suppressive activity...
- The DNA repair protein ku is involved in gp130-mediated signal transduction events in PBMC from young but not from elderly subjectsDaniela Frasca
Laboratory of Immunology, ENEA C R Casaccia, AMB PRO TOSS, Via Anguillarese 301, 00060 S Maria di Galeria, Rome, Italy
Exp Gerontol 37:321-8. 2002..This association was independent of PHA stimulation. Moreover, the present results indicate that after gp130 signaling both Tyk-2 and ku 80 are phosphorylated, suggesting their activation by K-7/D-6...
- IL-4 modulation of CD4+CD25+ T regulatory cell-mediated suppressionLuigia Pace
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
J Immunol 174:7645-53. 2005..These results indicate that although CD4(+)CD25(+) Treg cells inhibit IL-4 production, the addition of IL-4 counteracts CD4(+)CD25(+) Treg cell-mediated suppression by promoting CD4(+)CD25(-) Th cell survival and proliferation...
- CTLA-4 engagement inhibits Th2 but not Th1 cell polarisationVanessa Ubaldi
Department of Biology, University of Tor Vergata, 1 00133, Rome, Italy
Clin Dev Immunol 10:13-7. 2003..Altogether these data indicate that CTLA-4 may interfere not only in the signalling involved in acute transcriptional activation of both Th1 and Th2 cells but also in the development of one of the Th cell subsets...