Affiliation: University of Chieti
- Fucoxantin: a treasure from the seaNicolantonio d'Orazio
Human and Clinical Nutrition Unit, Department of Biomedical Science, Via dei Vestini, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, 66013, Italy
Mar Drugs 10:604-16. 2012..Beyond this important role, in recent studies FX has shown a great antioxidant activity, anti-cancer, anti-diabetic and anti-photoaging properties. The aim of this review is to highlight the main effects of FX on human health...
- Marine bioactives: pharmacological properties and potential applications against inflammatory diseasesNicolantonio d'Orazio
Human Nutrition, Department of Biomedical Science, Via dei Vestini, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, 66013, Italy
Mar Drugs 10:812-33. 2012..The aim of this review is to examine the published studies concerning the potential pharmacological properties and application of many marine bioactives against inflammatory diseases...
- Antioxidant vitamin supplementation in asthmaGraziano Riccioni
Human Nutrition, Department of Biomedical Sciences, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:96-101. 2007..The aim of this short review is to summarize current knowledge regarding the relations between antioxidant vitamins and the treatment of bronchial asthma...
- Antioxidant vitamin supplementation in cardiovascular diseasesGraziano Riccioni
Cardiology Unit, San Camillo de Lellis Hospital, Manfredonia, Foggia, and Human Nutrition, Laboratory of Biostatistics, Biomedical Sciences Department, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:89-95. 2007....
- Tapering dose of inhaled budesonide in subjects with mild-to-moderate persistent asthma treated with montelukast: a 16-week single-blind randomized studyGraziano Riccioni
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of G d Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Ann Clin Lab Sci 35:285-9. 2005..In conclusion, in patients with mild-moderate persistent asthma, MON therapy is useful in tapering the dose of IS in order to reduce its side effects and to maintain the clinical stability of the disease...
- Is nasal polyposis a determinant of bronchial hyperresponsiveness and altered quality of life in asthmatic subjects? A case-control studyGraziano Riccioni
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Ann Clin Lab Sci 36:170-3. 2006..This study shows that the presence of NP did not impair the QoL of asthmatic patients, as indicated by the items included in the AQLQ questionnaire...
- The role of selenium, zinc and antioxidant vitamin supplementation in the treatment of bronchial asthma: adjuvant therapy or not?Graziano Riccioni
Human Nutrition, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University G d Annunzio Chieti, Italy
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 14:1145-55. 2005....