Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Parma
- Improved production of heterologous proteins by a glucose repression-defective mutant of Kluyveromyces lactisClaudia Donnini
Department of Genetics Anthropology Evolution, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:2632-8. 2004..Therefore, the dgr151 strain may be a promising host for the production of heterologous proteins, especially when the hyperglycosylation of recombinant proteins must be avoided...
- Sym1, the yeast ortholog of the MPV17 human disease protein, is a stress-induced bioenergetic and morphogenetic mitochondrial modulatorCristina Dallabona
Department of Genetics, Biology of Microorganisms, Anthropology and Evolution, University of Parma, Parma 43100, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 19:1098-107. 2010....
- Galactose transport in Kluyveromyces lactis: major role of the glucose permease Hgt1Enrico Baruffini
Dipartimento di Genetica Antropologia Evoluzione, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
FEMS Yeast Res 6:1235-42. 2006..HGT1 expression was strongly induced by galactose and insensitive to glucose repression. This could explain the rapid adaptation to galactose observed in K. lactis after a shift from glucose to galactose medium...
- Secretion of human serum albumin by Kluyveromyces lactis overexpressing KlPDI1 and KlERO1Tiziana Lodi
Department of Genetics, Anthropology, and Evolution, University of Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 11 A, I 43100 Parma, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:4359-63. 2005....
- Carboxylic acids permeases in yeast: two genes in Kluyveromyces lactisTiziana Lodi
Dipartimento di Genetica Antropologia Evoluzione, University of Parma, Viale delle Scienze 11 A, 43100 Parma, Italy
Gene 339:111-9. 2004..We conclude that KlJEN2 is the first yeast gene shown to encode a dicarboxylic acids permease...
- KNQ1, a Kluyveromyces lactis gene encoding a transmembrane protein, may be involved in iron homeostasisEmmanuela Marchi
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia dei Microrganismi, Antropologia, Evoluzione, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
FEMS Yeast Res 7:715-21. 2007..KNQ1 amplification and deletion resulted in enhanced transcription of iron transport genes, suggesting, for the membrane-associated protein Knq1p, a new, unexpected role in iron homeostasis on which dithiothreitol tolerance may depend...
- Mutations in AAC2, equivalent to human adPEO-associated ANT1 mutations, lead to defective oxidative phosphorylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and affect mitochondrial DNA stabilityFlavia Fontanesi
Department of Genetics Anthropology Evolution, University of Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 13:923-34. 2004..cerevisiae is a suitable in vivo model to study the pathogenicity of the human ANT1 mutations and the pathophysiology leading to impairment of oxidative phosphorylation and damage of mtDNA integrity, as found in adPEO...
- Lactose-induced cell death of beta-galactosidase mutants in Kluyveromyces lactisTiziana Lodi
Dipartimento di Genetica Antropologia Evoluzione, University of Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
FEMS Yeast Res 5:727-34. 2005..These mutants were unable to take up lactose. Indeed, lar1 mutation turned out to be allelic to LAC12. The high mutability of the LAC12 locus may be an advantage for survival of K. lactis whose main habitat is lactose-containing niches...
- MTO1 mutations are associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and lactic acidosis and cause respiratory chain deficiency in humans and yeastEnrico Baruffini
Department of Life Sciences, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Hum Mutat 34:1501-9. 2013....
- Respiration-dependent utilization of sugars in yeasts: a determinant role for sugar transportersPaola Goffrini
Istituto di Genetica, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italy
J Bacteriol 184:427-32. 2002..These results strongly suggest that the sugar uptake step is the major bottleneck in the fermentative assimilation of certain sugars in K. lactis and probably in many other yeasts...
- Allelic association of a dopamine transporter gene polymorphism with antisocial behaviour in heroin-dependent patientsGilberto Gerra
Centro Studi Farmaco tossicodipendenze, Ser T, AUSL, Parma, Italy
Addict Biol 10:275-81. 2005..Our findings suggest that the 9-repeat allele of the DAT polymorphism confers increased susceptibility to antisocial - violent behaviour and aggressiveness, rather than drug dependence per se in heroin-dependent males...
- MIG1-dependent and MIG1-independent regulation of GAL gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: role of Imp2pAdriana Alberti
Dipartimento di Genetica Antropologia Evoluzione, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 11A, 43100 Parma, Italy
Yeast 20:1085-96. 2003..The results suggest a major role of Imp2 in a GAL6-independent pathway...
- Infantile encephalopathy and defective mitochondrial DNA translation in patients with mutations of mitochondrial elongation factors EFG1 and EFTuLucia Valente
Pierfranco and Luisa Mariani Center for Research on Children s Mitochondrial Disorders, Division of Molecular Neurogenetics, National Neurological Institute Carlo Besta, Milano, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 80:44-58. 2007....