Affiliation: University of Catania
- Secondary syphilis with exclusive peno-scrotal localizationF Dinotta
Dermatologic Clinic, University of Catania, University Hospital G Rodolico Policlinic, Catania, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 144:725-8. 2009....
- Biochemical studies of a natural antioxidant isolated from rosemary and its application in cosmetic dermatologyV Calabrese
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Catania, Italy
Int J Tissue React 22:5-13. 2000....
- Effects of acetyl-L-carnitine on the formation of fatty acid ethyl esters in brain and peripheral organs after short-term ethanol administration in ratV Calabrese
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Catania, Italy
Neurochem Res 26:167-74. 2001..These results suggest a potentially important pharmacological role for acetyl-L-carnitine in the prevention of alcohol-induced cellular damage...
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberansR De Pasquale
Dermatologic Clinic, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 144:199-203. 2009..Histological and immunohistochemical studies confirmed the diagnosis of DFSP. This unusual presentation of DFSP is presented and discussed...
- Disseminated herpes simplex infection in a HIV+ patientF Dinotta
Dermatological Clinic, University of Catania, Polyclinic Hospital University, Catania, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 144:205-9. 2009..The atypical features of the herpetic lesions, along with a past history of atypical pneumonitis one year prior to our observation, prompted to a diagnosis of concurrent HIV infection, later confirmed by laboratory..
- Lichen amyloidosis in a dark skinned patientR De Pasquale
Department of Dermatology, University of Catania, G Rodolico Polyclinic, Catania, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 145:135-8. 2010..This substance stained positively with Congo red, indicating the presence of amyloid. In addition, amyloid gave an apple green birefringence when viewed with polarized light...
- Induction of heat shock protein synthesis in human skin fibroblasts in response to oxidative stress: regulation by a natural antioxidant from rosemary extractV Calabrese
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Section, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Chemistry, University of Catania, Viale Andrea Doria 6, 95100 Catania, Italy
Int J Tissue React 23:51-8. 2001..Exogenous supplementation of an antioxidant hydrophilic extract from rosemary could have cosmetic benefits and may represent an efficient tool to minimize free radical-induced skin damage...