Valentina Di Felice
Affiliation: University of Palermo
- Stem cell populations in the heart and the role of Isl1 positive cellsV Di Felice
Department of Experimental Biomedicine and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Palermo, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Eur J Histochem 57:e14. 2013..To find a common consensus on this concept is very important in furthe-ring the application of stem cells to cardiac tissue engineering. ..
- Embryonic and foetal Islet-1 positive cells in human hearts are also positive to c-KitC Serradifalco
BioNeC Department, University of Palermo, Italy
Eur J Histochem 55:e41. 2011....
- Effects of conjugated linoleic acid and endurance training on peripheral blood and bone marrow of trained miceValentina Di Felice
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Palermo, Italy
J Strength Cond Res 21:193-8. 2007....
- Human recombinant vasostatin-1 may interfere with cell-extracellular matrix interactionsValentina Di Felice
Human Anatomy Section, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Palermo, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1090:305-10. 2006..On the whole, these data suggest that VS-1 does not have a classic receptor on the membrane but that integrins may represent a nonconventional VS-1 receptor modulating eNOS signaling pathway...
- HSP90 and eNOS partially co-localize and change cellular localization in relation to different ECM components in 2D and 3D cultures of adult rat cardiomyocytesValentina Di Felice
Human Anatomy Section E Luna, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 129, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Biol Cell 99:689-99. 2007....
- OPLA scaffold, collagen I, and horse serum induce an higher degree of myogenic differentiation of adult rat cardiac stem cellsValentina Di Felice
Department of Experimental Medicine, Human Anatomy Section, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Cell Physiol 221:729-39. 2009..These experiments demonstrated an important model for the study of the biology of CSCs and the biochemical pathways that lead to myocardial differentiation. The results pave the way for a new surgical approach...
- Cardiac stem cell research: an elephant in the room?Valentina Di Felice
Human Anatomy Section, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 129, Palermo, Italy
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 292:449-54. 2009....
- Senescence-associated HSP60 expression in normal human skin fibroblastsValentina Di Felice
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione di Anatomia Umana Emerico Luna, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 284:446-53. 2005..An increase in HSP60 protein amount is associated with a cell cycle slow-down and it may have a role in cell cycle progression...
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection and anti-Hsp60 immunity: the two sides of the coinFrancesco Cappello
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione di Anatomia Umana Emerico Luna, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000552. 2009..The opposite side of the coin is that pre-tumor and tumor cells with sf-Hsp60 can be destroyed with participation of the anti-Hsp60 antibody, thus stopping cancer progression before it is even noticed by the patient or physician...
- Do fat supplements increase physical performance?Filippo Macaluso
Department of Experimental Biomedicine and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Nutrients 5:509-24. 2013..In view of these new data, we can hypothesize that fat supplements may improve the anabolic effect of exercise...
- Effect of conjugated linoleic acid on testosterone levels in vitro and in vivo after an acute bout of resistance exerciseFilippo Macaluso
Department of Physiological Science, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa
J Strength Cond Res 26:1667-74. 2012..These findings suggest that CLA supplementation may promote testosterone synthesis through a molecular pathway that should be investigated in the future, although this effect did not have an anabolic relevance in our in vivo model...
- New biological aspects of chromogranin A-derived peptides: focus on vasostatinsBruno Tota
Department of Cell Biology, University of Calabria, 87030 Arcavacata di Rende Cs, Italy
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 147:11-8. 2007..Particular attention has been given to the still elusive mechanism of action of these peptides...