Salvatore Di Somma
Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Decrease in NTproBNP plasma levels indicates clinical improvement of acute decompensated heart failureSalvatore Di Somma
Emergency Medicine Department, II Medical School University La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, 00189 Rome, Italy
Am J Emerg Med 25:335-9. 2007..In conclusion, a plasma profile obtained with sequential measurements indicates that a significant decrease in NTproBNP levels is associated with the clinical improvement of patients with ADHF at the time of discharge...
- Opinion paper on innovative approach of biomarkers for infectious diseases and sepsis management in the emergency departmentSalvatore Di Somma
Department of Medical Surgery Sciences and Translational Medicine, University Sapienza Rome, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 51:1167-75. 2013..This manuscript represents a synopsis of the lectures of Third Italian GREAT Network Congress, that was hold in Rome, 15-19 October 2012...
- Procalcitonin variations after Emergency Department admission are highly predictive of hospital mortality in patients with acute infectious diseasesL Magrini
Emergency Medicine Department, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:133-42. 2013....
- Importance of Rapid and Effective Reduction of Blood Pressure in Treating Hypertension for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases : A Lesson from the VALUE StudySalvatore Di Somma
Department of Medicine, Emergency Medicine, University La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa 1035 1039, Rome, 00189, Italy
High Blood Press Cardiovasc Prev 12:135-40. 2005....
- In-hospital brain natriuretic peptide and N-terminal prohormone brain natriuretic peptide variations are predictors of short-term and long-term outcome in acute decompensated heart failureSalvatore Di Somma
Emergency Medicine Department, Sant Andrea Hospital, II Medical School, University La Sapienza, Via di Grottarossa 1035 1039, 00189 Rome, Italy
Crit Care 15:116. 2011....
- In-hospital percentage BNP reduction is highly predictive for adverse events in patients admitted for acute heart failure: the Italian RED StudySalvatore Di Somma
Emergency Medicine Department, II Medical School University La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa, 1039 Roma 00189, Italy
Crit Care 14:R116. 2010....
- Brain natriuretic peptide and N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide show a different profile in response to acute decompensated heart failure treatmentSalvatore Di Somma
Emergency Medicine Department, II Medical School University La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Congest Heart Fail 14:245-50. 2008..BNP may show some advantages over NT-proBNP as a more sensitive marker of early stabilization in response to therapy...
- Usefulness of serial assessment of natriuretic peptides in the emergency department for patients with acute decompensated heart failureSalvatore Disomma
Emergency Medicine Department, 2nd Medical School, University La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital Rome, Italy
Congest Heart Fail 14:21-4. 2008..In ADHF, serial ED measurements of BNP are useful for monitoring the effects of treatment. A reduction in BNP from admission to discharge is indicative of clinical improvement...
- Utility of Procalcitonin (PCT) and Mid regional pro-Adrenomedullin (MR-proADM) in risk stratification of critically ill febrile patients in Emergency Department (ED). A comparison with APACHE II scoreFrancesco Travaglino
Emergency Department Azienda Ospedaliera Sant Andrea, School of Medicine and Psychology Sapienza Univesity, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 12:184. 2012..We also evaluated the ability of MR-proADM and PCT to predict hospitalization...
- Preoperative brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a better predictor of adverse cardiac events compared to preoperative scoring system in patients who underwent abdominal surgeryPaolo Mercantini
Department of Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, II Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, Azienda Ospedaliera Sant Andrea, Via di Grottarossa, 1035 39, 00189 Rome, Italy
World J Surg 36:24-30. 2012..We present a prospective, single-center, observational cohort study of patients undergoing major abdominal surgery and evaluate the role of BNP in predicting adverse cardiac events...
- A case of oesophageal ulcer developed after taking homeopathic pill in a young womanVito D Corleto
Department of Digestive and Liver Diseases, II School of Medicine, University La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 13:2132-4. 2007....
- How to manage cardiorenal syndromes in the emergency roomSalvatore Di Somma
Emergency Department, Second Medical School, Sapienza University of Rome, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Contrib Nephrol 165:93-100. 2010..We propose a new model of management for ED patients with cardiorenal syndromes using a multimarker approach and non-invasive evaluation of body fluid content by bioelectrical impedance vector analysis...
- Use of BNP and bioimpedance to drive therapy in heart failure patientsSalvatore Di Somma
Sant Andrea Sapienza University II Medical School, Emergency Medicine, Rome, Italy
Congest Heart Fail 16:S56-61. 2010..0001) was statistically significant. Vascular pedicle width in ADHF patients showed a statistically significant difference (P<.0004) in compared with vascular pedicle width in controls...
- The emerging role of biomarkers and bio-impedance in evaluating hydration status in patients with acute heart failureSalvatore Di Somma
Department of Medical Surgery Sciences and Translational Medicine, Sapienza University, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 50:2093-105. 2012....
- Rupture of the renal pelvis complicating a renal colic: report of a caseEnrico Ferri
Department of Emergency Medicine, AO Sant Andrea, La Sapienza University of Rome, 00189 Rome, Italy
Am J Emerg Med 24:383-5. 2006
- Disparities in management of new-onset atrial fibrillation in the emergency department despite adherence to the current guidelines: data from a large metropolitan areaFrancesco Buccelletti
Department of Emergency Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo F Vito 1, 00168, Rome, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 6:149-56. 2011..Further research, toward an evidence-based approach to the emergent management of AF in the ED, is still needed...
- Fluid assessment and management in the emergency departmentSalvatore Di Somma
Sant Andrea Hospital, Second Faculty Medical School, La Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Contrib Nephrol 164:227-36. 2010..This confirms the good response to diuretic therapy with the shift of fluids from interstitial spaces...
- Natriuretic peptides in acute coronary syndromes: prognostic value and clinical implicationsDimitrios Farmakis
Second Department of Cardiology, Athens University Medical School, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Congest Heart Fail 14:25-9. 2008..In conclusion, natriuretic peptide values may improve risk stratification in ACS when used in addition to troponin levels and other prognostic markers, but more data are needed to define their role in ACS therapy...
- B-type natriuretic peptide-guided therapy and prognosis in acutely ill patients with pulmonary diseaseAlan S Maisel
Crit Care Med 35:301-3. 2007
- Emergency department perspectives on B-type natriuretic peptide utilityW Frank Peacock
The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Congest Heart Fail 14:17-20. 2008..This allows early outcome-improving interventions to proceed with greater certainty. Finally, as a prognostic marker indicative of illness severity, knowledge of BNP levels can improve the accuracy of disposition decisions...