Affiliation: University of Pavia
- Derosa G, D Angelo A, Tinelli C, Devangelio E, Consoli A, Miccoli R, et al. Evaluation of metalloproteinase 2 and 9 levels and their inhibitors in diabetic and healthy subjects. Diabetes Metab. 2007;33:129-34 pubmed..0001) in the diabetic group. Plasma levels of MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2 are increased in diabetic patients which may reflect abnormal extracellular matrix (ECM) metabolism. ..
- Derosa G, Cicero A, Scalise F, Avanzini M, Tinelli C, Piccinni M, et al. Metalloproteinase-2 and -9 in diabetic and nondiabetic subjects during acute coronary syndromes. Endothelium. 2007;14:45-51 pubmed..MMP-9, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2 plasma levels were increased in diabetic patients with ACSs, which may reflect abnormal extracellular matrix metabolism in diabetes during acute event. ..
- Derosa G, Ferrari I, D Angelo A, Tinelli C, Salvadeo S, Ciccarelli L, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 levels in obese patients. Endothelium. 2008;15:219-24 pubmed publisher..MMP-2 and MMP-9 levels were significantly higher in obese group (p< .0001). Plasma levels of MMP-2 and MMP-9 are increased in obese patients which may reflect abnormal ECM metabolism. ..
- Derosa G, Ferrari I, D Angelo A, Salvadeo S, Fogari E, Gravina A, et al. Oral fat load effects on inflammation and endothelial stress markers in healthy subjects. Heart Vessels. 2009;24:204-10 pubmed publisher..05 vs 0), and +28.57% at 12 h. We observed that the OFL induces a complex and massive systemic inflammatory response that includes IL-6, TNF-alpha, hsCRP, and cell adhesion molecules, even before Tg significantly rises. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Ferrari I, Mereu R, Ragonesi P, Querci F, et al. Effects of one year treatment of vildagliptin added to pioglitazone or glimepiride in poorly controlled type 2 diabetic patients. Horm Metab Res. 2010;42:663-9 pubmed publisher..Pioglitazone plus vildagliptin were found to be more effective in preserving beta-cell function, and in reducing insulin resistance, and inflammatory state parameters. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Salvadeo S, Ferrari I, Gravina A, Mereu R, et al. Sibutramine and L-carnitine compared to sibutramine alone on insulin resistance in diabetic patients. Intern Med. 2010;49:1717-25 pubmed..Furthermore, only sibutramine plus L-carnitine improved Tg, and visfatin. Sibutramine plus L-carnitine gave a faster improvement of lipid profile, insulin resistance parameters, glycemic control, and body weight compared to sibutramine. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Ferrari I, Palumbo I, Randazzo S, D Angelo A, et al. Effects of one year treatment of sibutramine on insulin resistance parameters in type 2 diabetic patients. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2010;13:378-90 pubmed..Sibutramine gave a faster improvement of insulin resistance parameters and glycemic control compared to placebo; furthermore sibutramine gave also an improvement of lipid profile, and body weight. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, D Angelo A, Fogari E, Bianchi L, Cicero A. RETRACTED: Acarbose on insulin resistance after an oral fat load: a double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Diabetes Complications. 2011;25:258-66 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the effects of acarbose on insulin resistance parameters in diabetic patients before and after a standardized oral fat load (OFL)...
- Derosa G, Ragonesi P, Carbone A, Fogari E, Bianchi L, Bonaventura A, et al. Vildagliptin added to metformin on β-cell function after a euglycemic hyperinsulinemic and hyperglycemic clamp in type 2 diabetes patients. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2012;14:475-84 pubmed publisher..The addition of vildagliptin to metformin gave a better improvement of glycemic control, insulin resistance, and β-cell function compared with metformin alone. ..
- Derosa G, Ragonesi P, Carbone A, Fogari E, D Angelo A, Cicero A, et al. RETRACTED: Evaluation of the positive effects on insulin-resistance and β-cell measurements of vildagliptin in addition to metformin in type 2 diabetic patients. Pharmacol Res. 2013;73:20-6 pubmed publisher..Vildagliptin, in addition to metformin, proved to be effective in improving β-cell function and in reducing insulin resistance measurements. ..
- Derosa G, D Angelo A, Salvadeo S, Ferrari I, Fogari E, Gravina A, et al. Oral glucose tolerance test effects on endothelial inflammation markers in healthy subjects and diabetic patients. Horm Metab Res. 2010;42:8-13 pubmed publisher..Type 2 diabetics experienced, however, a more significant increase in TNF-alpha, and sE-selectin. ..
- Derosa G, Maffioli P, Ferrari I, Palumbo I, Randazzo S, Fogari E, et al. Different actions of losartan and ramipril on adipose tissue activity and vascular remodeling biomarkers in hypertensive patients. Hypertens Res. 2011;34:145-51 pubmed publisher....
- Derosa G, Ragonesi P, Carbone A, Fogari E, D Angelo A, Cicero A, et al. Vildagliptin action on some adipocytokine levels in type 2 diabetic patients: a 12-month, placebo-controlled study. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2012;13:2581-91 pubmed publisher..Vildagliptin + metformin also decreased resistin, RBP-4, and chemerin better. Vildagliptin seems to have a positive action on some adipocytokines related to inflammation. ..