Affiliation: University of Messina
- Cuzzocrea S, McDonald M, Mazzon E, Siriwardena D, Calabro G, Britti D, et al. The tyrosine kinase inhibitor tyrphostin AG126 reduces the development of acute and chronic inflammation. Am J Pathol. 2000;157:145-58 pubmed
- Cuzzocrea S, Mazzon E, Bevilaqua C, Costantino G, Britti D, Mazzullo G, et al. Cloricromene, a coumarine derivative, protects against collagen-induced arthritis in Lewis rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;131:1399-407 pubmed..7. This study provides the first evidence that cloricromene, a coumarine derivative, attenuates the degree of chronic inflammation and tissue damage associated with collagen-induced arthritis in the rat. ..
- Cuzzocrea S, De Sarro G, Costantino G, Ciliberto G, Mazzon E, De Sarro A, et al. IL-6 knock-out mice exhibit resistance to splanchnic artery occlusion shock. J Leukoc Biol. 1999;66:471-80 pubmed..Part of this effect may be due to inhibition of the expression of adhesion molecules and subsequent reduction of neutrophil-mediated cellular injury. ..
- Cuzzocrea S, Sautebin L, De Sarro G, Costantino G, Rombola L, Mazzon E, et al. Role of IL-6 in the pleurisy and lung injury caused by carrageenan. J Immunol. 1999;163:5094-104 pubmed..Taken together, our results clearly demonstrate that IL-6KO mice are more resistant to the acute inflammation of the lung caused by carrageenan injection into the pleural space than the corresponding WT mice...
- Cuzzocrea S, McDonald M, Mazzon E, Siriwardena D, Serraino I, Dugo L, et al. Calpain inhibitor I reduces the development of acute and chronic inflammation. Am J Pathol. 2000;157:2065-79 pubmed..Thus, prevention of the activation of calpain I reduces the development of acute and chronic inflammation. Inhibition of calpain I activity may represent a novel therapeutic approach for the therapy of inflammation. ..
- Cuzzocrea S, Mazzon E, Sautebin L, Serraino I, Dugo L, Calabro G, et al. The protective role of endogenous estrogens in carrageenan-induced lung injury in the rat. Mol Med. 2001;7:478-87 pubmed..Here we investigate the effects of endogenous estrogens in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy...