Affiliation: University of Trieste
- [Medical progress, ethics, and euthanasia: the case of neonatal intensive care]M Cuttini
Unita di Epidemiologia, IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Trieste
Recenti Prog Med 92:89-92. 2001..As an example, the case of neonatal intensive care is discussed on the basis of the results provided by an international research project (EURONIC) aimed at investigating end-of-life decision-making in several European countries...
- End-of-life decisions in neonatal intensive care: physicians' self-reported practices in seven European countries. EURONIC Study GroupM Cuttini
Epidemiology Unit, Burlo Garofolo Children s Hospital, Trieste, Italy
Lancet 355:2112-8. 2000..The EURONIC project aimed to investigate practices as reported by physicians themselves...
- Parental visiting, communication, and participation in ethical decisions: a comparison of neonatal unit policies in EuropeM Cuttini
Unit of Epidemiology and Unit of Neonatal Intensive Care, Burlo Garofolo Children s Hospital, Trieste, Italy
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 81:F84-91. 1999..To compare neonatal intensive care unit policies towards parents' visiting, information, and participation in ethical decisions across eight European countries...
- Proxy informed consent in pediatric research: a reviewM Cuttini
Unit of Epidemiology, Burlo Garofolo Maternal and Child Health Institute, Trieste, Italy
Early Hum Dev 60:89-100. 2000..Rather than as a one-sided delivery of information, consent should be viewed as a continuous, two-way communication process developing in a context of transparency and partnership between the investigator and potential research subjects...
- Should euthanasia be legal? An international survey of neonatal intensive care units staffM Cuttini
Unit of Epidemiology, Burlo Garofolo Institute, Trieste and Tuscany Agency for Health, Florence, Italy
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 89:F19-24. 2004..To present the views of a representative sample of neonatal doctors and nurses in 10 European countries on the moral acceptability of active euthanasia and its legal regulation...