Affiliation: University of Chieti
- Conti P, Reale M, Barbacane R, Castellani M, Orso C. Differential production of RANTES and MCP-1 in synovial fluid from the inflamed human knee. Immunol Lett. 2002;80:105-11 pubmed
- Castellani M, Petrarca C, Frydas S, Conti C, Salini V, Conti P, et al. Rat basophilic leukemia cells (RBL-2H3) generate prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) after regulated upon activation, normal T-cell expressed and secreted (RANTES) activation. Int J Biol Markers. 2006;21:211-7 pubmed..Moreover, RBL-treated RANTES generated a large quantity of histamine. Our study confirms once again the proinflammatory action of RANTES, in this case acting on the stimulation of the arachidonic acid cascade product PGD2...
- Conti P, Lessiani G, Kritas S, Ronconi G, Caraffa A, Theoharides T. Mast cells emerge as mediators of atherosclerosis: Special emphasis on IL-37 inhibition. Tissue Cell. 2017;49:393-400 pubmed publisher..The impact of IL-37 on inflammatory cytokines mediating atherosclerosis is beneficial and protective. However, more studies are needed to better define this mechanism and the safety and tolerability of IL-37. ..
- Conti P, Carinci F, Lessiani G, Spinas E, Kritas S, Ronconi G, et al. Potential therapeutic use of IL-37: a key suppressor of innate immunity and allergic immune responses mediated by mast cells. Immunol Res. 2017;65:982-986 pubmed publisher..However, in these studies, the exact mechanism(s) of IL-37-induced anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic activity along with its side effect(s) remain to be determined. ..
- Conti P, Carinci F, Caraffa A, Ronconi G, Lessiani G, Theoharides T. Link between mast cells and bacteria: Antimicrobial defense, function and regulation by cytokines. Med Hypotheses. 2017;106:10-14 pubmed publisher..We hope that the understanding of microbial and mast cell interaction leads to more efficient therapeutic development in relation to microbial resistance. ..
- Conti P, Caraffa A, Ronconi G, Kritas S, Mastrangelo F, Tettamanti L, et al. Impact of mast cells in mucosal immunity of intestinal inflammation: Inhibitory effect of IL-37. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;818:294-299 pubmed publisher..These studies contribute to clarify the mechanisms by which MCs profoundly affect immunity and inflammation of the intestine. ..