Daniele F Condorelli
Affiliation: University of Catania
- Altered intercellular communication in lung fibroblast cultures from patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisAngela Trovato-Salinaro
Department of Chemical Sciences, Section of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Respir Res 7:122. 2006..We sought to evaluate the role of connexin-43, the most abundant gap-junction subunit in the human lung, in the pathogenesis of this condition...
- Decreased expression of GRAF1/OPHN-1-L in the X-linked alpha thalassemia mental retardation syndromeVincenza Barresi
Laboratorio sui Sistemi Complessi, Scuola Superiore di Catania, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
BMC Med Genomics 3:28. 2010..In order to identify specific genes involved in the pathogenesis of the disease, we compared, by cDNA microarray, the expression levels of approximately 8500 transcripts between ATRX and normal males of comparable age...
- Genome-based identification of diagnostic molecular markers for human lung carcinomas by PLS-DAGiuseppe Musumarra
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita di Catania, Viale A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Comput Biol Chem 29:183-95. 2005..Indeed application of PLS-DA to in vivo data allowed identification of a set of genes able to discriminate primary lung tumours from colon metastases...
- OPLS-DA as a suitable method for selecting a set of gene transcripts discriminating RAS- and PTPN11-mutated cells in acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaGiuseppe Musumarra
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita di Catania, 95125 Catania, Italy
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 14:36-46. 2011..Among them CBFA2T2, a member of the "ETO" family, is known because of its homology and association with the product of RUNX1-CBFA2T1 gene fusion generated by t(8;21) translocation, one frequent cause of acute myeloid leukemia...
- Broad copy neutral-loss of heterozygosity regions and rare recurring copy number abnormalities in normal karyotype-acute myeloid leukemia genomesVincenza Barresi
Laboratorio sui Sistemi Complessi, Scuola Superiore di Catania, Universita di Catania, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:1014-23. 2010..Sequencing of candidate genes in the identified CNAs and CN-LOH regions should be considered a priority in the search of novel driver mutations of AML...